SELECT CONTENT

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

Page 4 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:13 pm

We all would love to know what the deal is with her sister! They did a good job getting us stirred up with that one. I can't wait to see how it all falls out because you know it is always less thrilling and more mundane than we expect. scratch But at least the speculation is creative and exciting!

Back to top Go down

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:23 pm

That it is!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Beeleever wrote:
Diana wrote:So Ash chose JP over her familys advice? Thats gonna end well.... :(

I think in life, many family members do not approve of who their loved ones fall in love with. They just don't say it as openly and directly on national TV. We don't know the relationship Ashley has with her sister or the reason that prompted her to respond in this way. Is it out of love for, or jealousy of Ashley? There are people who are very critical and make judgement of others before they know the facts. People interpret something said from their lens, which in cases, could be the polar opposite of the truth. It makes me sad to see how much Ashley loves JP yet have to deal with her sister behaving like this. If she truly loves her sister but had concerns, she should have brought them forward in a loving way instead of going on the attack. JMHO

Let's also remember that the family meets the F1 & F2 for only a matter of hours - in front of cameras. I would question a family who didn't have serious concerns about their daughter's decision to become engaged with someone they can't possible know in such a short amount of time and with someone their daughter only had a chance to be with intermittently for about six weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Jack wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
Diana wrote:So Ash chose JP over her familys advice? Thats gonna end well.... sad

I think in life, many family members do not approve of who their loved ones fall in love with. They just don't say it as openly and directly on national TV. We don't know the relationship Ashley has with her sister or the reason that prompted her to respond in this way. Is it out of love for, or jealousy of Ashley? There are people who are very critical and make judgement of others before they know the facts. People interpret something said from their lens, which in cases, could be the polar opposite of the truth. It makes me sad to see how much Ashley loves JP yet have to deal with her sister behaving like this. If she truly loves her sister but had concerns, she should have brought them forward in a loving way instead of going on the attack. JMHO

Let's also remember that the family meets the F1 & F2 for only a matter of hours - in front of cameras. I would question a family who didn't have serious concerns about their daughter's decision to become engaged with someone they can't possible know in such a short amount of time and with someone their daughter only had a chance to be with intermittently for about six weeks.

I totally agree with you that the family should have some concerns about their daughter becoming engaged to someone, but Ashley's family has been through this before. They know from her experience with Brad that the ultimate goal is for her to be engaged at the FRC. JP's mom had concerns too, but they came across in a kind and loving way. The previews do not show that to be the case with Ashley's sister. Is it all for drama?

When such deep and heartfelt emotions are involved, conversations can escalate out of control in a hurry. Ashley's sister tweeted "it gets worse" than Ash calling her a b**** on national TV. She later tweeted to GrahamGal that she did change her mind about the guy she didn't like, so in the end, it's all good. yes
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Jack wrote:
Beeleever wrote:
Diana wrote:So Ash chose JP over her familys advice? Thats gonna end well.... sad

handwave Hear, hear! Let's hear it for practical. Of course, that isn't a very popular viewpoint for this show. If this were my daughter, the producers would have probably paid one of the staff to try to get me to go somewhere else and see the island's sights while they filmed without me there. I most likely would have too much to say along the very lines that you are suggesting. I am a Papa Dino ( was it Dimetrius?). I don't think they should rush into this....

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Diana wrote:Glad to know her opinion has changed. Smiley Whats Ashley sister twitter?

@ccmaine is her twitter

As for me:
I am beginning to wonder if it's more of her sister "testing" her. Maybe she sees Ashley all gaga over her F1 and her sister asks Ash questions to see weather she is really in love or just lust, but it comes across as bitchy. She goads her and in the end sees just how much in love her sister is. Maybe by the end of the MTP she tells her she was just testing her love for F1 and gives her blessing. The only reason I question this scenario is the fact that she doesn't seem happy at some point of the FRC and in my mind I tie that back to her sister disapproving.

Either then or now her sister has come around, and that is all that matters. :cc3:
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 am

GrahamGal wrote:
Diana wrote:Glad to know her opinion has changed. Smiley Whats Ashley sister twitter?

@ccmaine is her twitter

As for me:
I am beginning to wonder if it's more of her sister "testing" her. Maybe she sees Ashley all gaga over her F1 and her sister asks Ash questions to see weather she is really in love or just lust, but it comes across as bitchy. She goads her and in the end sees just how much in love her sister is. Maybe by the end of the MTP she tells her she was just testing her love for F1 and gives her blessing. The only reason I question this scenario is the fact that she doesn't seem happy at some point of the FRC and in my mind I tie that back to her sister disapproving.

Either then or now her sister has come around, and that is all that matters. :cc3:

Wasn't there some discussion that JP might look like Ashely's ex that passed away? Maybe that's what the sister is worried about? no idea
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 am

Well.. Ashley and her family went through this before, so I don't get the objection to just knowing someone for a short time. Her family (including her sister) were gaga over Brad...of all people. C'mon...JP is a million times more of a man than Brad is. Maybe Ash's sister's issue is religion... because I can't see how she would object to JP's personality. :skating:
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:36 am

Her sister didn't sound worried. She sounded mad.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:39 am

Samantharose wrote:
GrahamGal wrote:

@ccmaine is her twitter

As for me:

Wasn't there some discussion that JP might look like Ashely's ex that passed away? Maybe that's what the sister is worried about? no idea

I think that the similarity is uncanny in the new behind-the-scenes picture of Ashley and JP at the rollerskating rink.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:11 am

I putting this in this thread.

I did some researching and I only could get data from Bachelorette 4 on but I think this is when they started FD/LCD/FRC at exotic locations.

Sequence Activity
Bachelorette 4
F-1 Jesse FD Last Horseback riding/picnic on beach/swimming/ Bonfire
LCD 1st Seaplane to private Island/ swimming

F-2 Jason FD 2nd Off roading/kayaking
LCD 2nd diving with the sharks

Bachelorette 5
F-1 Ed FD Last Catamaran/ diving of cliff/swimming
LCD 1st Helicopter ride around volcano/picnic in rain forest area/ swimming
*(LCD is when Ed took Jillian up to his room and the volcano finally irrupted)

F-2 Kyp FD 1st Ropes course/wine, fruit, and cheese on a veranda
LCD 2nd Boat ride/paddle surfing picnic on the beach

Bachelorette 6
F-1 Roberto FD 1st Helicopter ride to heart shape island/picnic on beach/swimming
LCD 1st Jet skis/stingrays/picnic on beach
F-2 Chris FD 2nd Catamaran to private island/hunting for pearls
LCD none (but would have been 2nd)

The only pattern that I see with this small sample size is whoever has the LCD 1st is F-1
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:36 pm

J.P ALL THE WAY I LOVE HIM AND ASHLEY SHE SEEMS SO HAPPY AND HERSELF AROUND HIM :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 57 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 11 - 8/1 Finale - Discussion - Thread #1

+83
bilolo
BachfanNY
Nibbles22
RealityEscape
2observe