SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

loveyou - Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Maggenzm wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Unless she got recent employment or someone who is supporting her, NYC is pretty expensive to live.  
Currently weather conditions are still fine in NYC area.

Yes, NYC is expensive, but the pay is really really good. As an attorney in NYC, Andi will not have to worry about money at all. I worked for some attorneys at Wells Fargo, and their salaries were very impressive, in the Mid 100K and up plus bonus. 
Yes, very familiar with what attorneys make in NYC firms--and mid 100's is nothing at most good firms. 
However, even for those jobs you have to be qualified.  Not going to go into this topic here. 
Currently, there is a downturn in hiring attorneys and many are having difficulty finding jobs.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

loveyou - Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

Post by MiaHawk Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Unless she got recent employment or someone who is supporting her, NYC is pretty expensive to live.  
Currently weather conditions are still fine in NYC area.

Yes, NYC is expensive, but the pay is really really good. As an attorney in NYC, Andi will not have to worry about money at all. I worked for some attorneys at Wells Fargo, and their salaries were very impressive, in the Mid 100K and up plus bonus. 
Yes, very familiar with what attorneys make in NYC firms--and mid 100's is nothing at most good firms. 
However, even for those jobs you have to be qualified.  Not going to go into this topic here. 
Currently, there is a downturn in hiring attorneys and many are having difficulty finding jobs.

I'm not sure, but I think that NY is a state that would require Andi to take a separate state bar exam in order to practice law. I was just having a conversation Sat with some friends about a lawyer from my town (not in NY) who is moving to NYC. They said that because of NY state's requirements, he is going to reverse commute and continue to work in my state. Maybe someone better versed on this could clarify this.

Also, yes, there has been a big downturn in hiring new attorneys in recent years. Even a friend of ours who is a divorce attorney says business is down, because in this economy people cannot afford to get divorced!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Some states bar exams allow you to practice in others. It's called admission of motion. My SIL is licensed in NY and that allows him to practice in many states, however he lives in NNJ and that is not one of them. stupid 
Georgia has reciprocity with some conditions for NY. I think Andi would need to have been working as an attorney for 5 of the last 7 yrs, in order to qualify, if I am understanding this correctly. 
http://www.nybarexam.org/AOM/AdmissiononMotion.htm

This is a great topic for the discussion thread and I hate to take things off topic in a fan thread.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Some states bar exams allow you to practice in others. It's called admission of motion. My SIL is licensed in NY and that allows him to practice in many states, however he lives in NNJ and that is not one of them. stupid 
Georgia has reciprocity with some conditions for NY. I think Andi would need to have been working as an attorney for 5 of the last 7 yrs, in order to qualify, if I am understanding this correctly. 
http://www.nybarexam.org/AOM/AdmissiononMotion.htm

This is a great topic for the discussion thread and I hate to take things off topic in a fan thread.

That's 100% correct. General rule is if it's under 5 years practicing you'll need to retake the bar. Unless it's something like Iowa and Nebraska which have reciprocity
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:16 pm

^^ And New York is among the more difficult bar exams to pass.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Jmo but I don't see Andi going back into law anytime soon and def not in NYC.
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4298

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Jolena wrote:Jmo but I don't see Andi going back into law anytime soon and def not in NYC.

I tend to agree with you. I think she will try to have success with her other passions first, i.e fashion or entertainment industry.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:33 pm

Laudergirl wrote:
Jolena wrote:Jmo but I don't see Andi going back into law anytime soon and def not in NYC.

I tend to agree with you. I think she will try to have success with her other passions first, i.e fashion or entertainment industry.

I agree and wish her nothing but happiness.  I know she does not regret doing the show and I know she found love but it was not meant to be.   Wishing her the best.

Last edited by soccermom333 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:45 pm

I also think she should follow her passion whatever that is. We shall see!!
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Maggenzm wrote:I also think she should follow her passion whatever that is. We shall see!!

I agree with this too, and believe she is doing this now. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Andi just posted and IG. She is at a beach somewhere so I am thinking she went visit her sister.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:17 pm

nannymargie wrote:Andi just posted and IG.  She is at a beach somewhere so I am thinking she went visit her sister.

That was my guess all along. This should be good therapy for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Discussion

+72
FLChica
seneca
citygirl1962
Kaltie
Bet2Win