SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 45 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Great points JBF! yes

A lot can be said about F1 but it is always harder to pinpoint if that F1 is still with the lead post-show. Chris saying he got back to plowing those fields within 24 hrs post-FRC is probably just to evade answering the engaged or not question. Still, not that great, imo, if he hardly spent time with his F1.

His time on JKL and even with Jimmy and the girls (including Whitney and Kaitlyn) he doesn't come across as the best conversationalist, or a conversationalist at all. I learned more about Kaitlyn from JK than any questions Chris asked. It's as if he is not that interested in anything beneath the surface level or just having *fun*. His/TPTB note to Whitney on the date card was about having fun and not whining... Rolling Eyes

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 45 C50e9211fa28e4a1d21f09b5b8f7ba73_zps4750586cThanks to Ladybug for this SC. (I found the no whining part really odd to say the least.)

Even with Britt, he seemed like he was no longer having fun with her or that physically interested in her let alone interested in her beneath the surface (he said in an interview they didn't even get to the part of finding out what Britt did for a living  Suspect ).

So for me, he doesn't come across sincere about finding a wife on a deep, lasting level. And yet, as you brought up, he questions the girls motives and says he is serious and so they can leave if they question his motives/don't believe him? And the edit of Whitney's skepticism? (He came across passive-aggressive to me in that. His behavior for me alone discredits what he says at that point of time... even if his motive may match his words). 

Sharleen in her blog covering this episode and others stated that it is Chris's gentlemanly nature to not reject the advances of the girls and thus kiss them back (boy oh boy, to me that sends red flags for future indiscretions and excuses of "I didn't want to hurt her feelings"....). Ugh!  no no I am not buying that it is gentlemanyly behavior. At all! It would be more gentlemanly if one is not interested in someone as a potential wife at all (ugh, hello Mackenzie, Ashley I, Amber, etc) to not to lead them on in that way. Certainly he doesn't come across as sincere and serious about a wife, imo, being a kissing bandit and unable to not kiss back - whether he initiated kissing or not, he barely initiates even in conversations... he is that passive of a lead.

In conversations his comments are very generic and he seems to like a little drink here and there so he could have just been happy-happy when being with Whitney on their date. So far I am just waiting to see some depth with Chris. He really needs to kick it into gear or the editing needs to help him (unless it already is???! And he was even worse than he is coming across? :shootme: :thud )
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Rolly Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:28 pm

happygirl77us wrote:
relaxing wrote:I Loved the episode.  Pure entertainment to me.  I think I have a different take on Chris and the season than most here but I'll post a couple things anyway, then head off to lurkdom I think.  

I find this season seems like TPTB are pulling back a bit, and letting the natural moments be shown, crazy and heartfelt.  Chris and Kaitlyn were just hanging and talking so normally.  I mean, she rubbed lipstick off his mouth.    In Costco the same, with Whitney it felt the same.  The pulled back camera just let Chris be more comfortable and be himself.  His dancing at the wedding was so cute to me, and it wasn't at an awkward private concert produced moment, just a cute real moment.

The last few seasons all the one on ones have felt so produced and like the lead is following a script almost, like ask this now, talk about this now, kiss now, sitting stiffly at a table and giving the obligatory facial reactions.  So far this season, I don't see that with Chris.  It's refreshing to me.  I think Chris just has no "show" or ability to act or fake it at all (as seen in his JK interview).  He might stumble over his words, or not find the right ones or any at all,  but what he is saying is obviously him, not him being prompted from a producer off camera or reading off cue cards.  He really does seem to just be being him, a regular guy, and trying to navigate this thing, which I'd much rather watch.

I often have to force myself to get through Bachelor seasons because of habit and getting to see who the Bachette will be.  Rarely do I like the Bachelor or care about his outcome.  This season I do really hope to get to see Chris have a love story.  And I love the show leaving in and highlighting the humor - so often it's all stripped away in the name of drama.  Plus love the top 3 girls, and lots of others bring the funny & crazy without there being anyone mean spirited, so far.

Re Whitney - so cute that he was like a grade school boy with a major crush.  He's going to be so obvious.  I do find it a little too Brooks/Des-like that the spoiled F1 was shown to look into the camera and straight out say "I'm engaged to Chris Soules" plus mention their future wedding, get such romantic music including a prior F1's theme song, etc.  Too much for the show to put out there in ep 3?  I don't know . Felt a bit over the top and like something's up, like showing Des saying she loved Brooks before HTDs and baiting everyone that of course the spoilers are right.  A bit weird.  But given how Chris acted with her, if she is F1 and it will be so obvious they will have no choice and might as well show a romantic love story, I guess, which is a bonus to me.
       clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping!

ITA.... Good Post I think Chris is great with a sense of humor, honest and wears his heart on his sleeve. The date with Whitney was adorable, they are comfortable together and both seem very smitten with each other. I hope this is a love story unfolding. What crap to we have to go through with the crazies to get there?!? no no
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:35 pm

As far as kissing goes did anyone else notice after the Presidents speech every woman that stopped to congratulate him Mr. Obama went in for a cheek kiss while every man got a handshake. Each man's relationship style is different. Chris seems to have a kiss/touch style, I noted when he was kissing Andi on stone wall in her season he had his hand on her bottom!!! Then with Jade the bed picture shows this further while her hands are protective and distancing as much as possible. LOL He may be a great guy but this show always seems to shine the light on the lead's faults. This knight in shining armour has fallen off his horse.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Yeah... but all of these leads get questioned for being "kissing bandits" and, while Chris probably broke the record with the highest amount of slobbering at the pool party, we probably shouldn't jump to conclusions... just... yet.

At least until we get to Tent Time later, when stuff gets more provocative.

What is quite fascinating to me is how similar the scenes of Kaitlyn and Whitney are, episode after episode. Each gets equal screen time.
-Both comment on there being too many girls on night one.
-Both had prominent scenes with Chris too, although Kaitlyn's involved the break-dancing. (Whitney got her dance on her wedding date. Speaking of dance "moves", note Chris commenting on Kaitlyn's on night 1 and Whitney on Chris' own in episode 3.)
-Kaitlyn is the "firecracker" and Whitney is Miss "always impressing me", but both are being speculated as potential "wives". (Kaitlyn got the W-word twice so far, Whitney once. Nobody else has it though... yet.)
-Whitney gives Chris some whiskey as a gift and Chris tells Jimmy Kimmel that Kaitlyn "also likes whiskey".
-In episode 2, Kaitlyn is happy to be on his "radar" when getting the group date rose, while Whitney hopes to stay on his "radar".
-Both are shown in episode 3 with Chris in the limos and it would be fun to do some body language comparisons here, since we even have shots of Chris drinking champagne with both in the back seat.
-Of course, Kaitlyn gets the dressed down date, while Whitney's is dressed up.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 pm

I just don't see "it" with Kaitlyn at all....not for Chris or for the 'ette. no Just not my cup of tea...it's hard to take her seriously. I don't like her casual approach to the fantasy suites, "you have to try out the merchandise", if she was F1, F2 or F3 would she really be OK with that? I would hope not. Maybe most of the F3's have sex but I'd like to think they don't. Maybe I'm naive....or old....or both giggling
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:12 pm

*chuckle chuckle* Re-watching Whitney's date.

When commenting on Chris' dance moves, she says he can do "the shopping cart" and "the lawn mower". At Cosco, Kaitlyn says she will push the shopping cart and he says he will "navigate".

Oh I am going to enjoy this season if nobody else does.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 pm

JBF wrote:*chuckle chuckle* Re-watching Whitney's date.

When commenting on Chris' dance moves, she says he can do "the shopping cart" and "the lawn mower". At Cosco, Kaitlyn says she will push the shopping cart and he says he will "navigate".

Oh I am going to enjoy this season if nobody else does.
And I am going to enjoy reading your posts. yes Loving your analysis and observations on similarities/symmetry.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Oh Peter Cottontail came early this season, delivering Easter Eggs a-plenty. However, unlike Andi's season when Chris himself was getting the lion's share (all signs of him being the next Bachelor instead of Andi's future hubbie), we seem to be getting them with TWO contestants this time. 

I do need a break from this silly show. Already I am questioning if that is Whitney's Templeton open while Chris and Kaitlyn are preparing the steaks. Please tell me I am just "seeing things". Like I said.... I need a break.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:11 pm

below, in the note about "whining"... I think it was just them spelling "wining" (wine date) with a wh, the same as her name is spelled Whitney, and had nothing to with implying that she was a whiner or anything like that.

AllAboutLove wrote:Great points JBF! yes

A lot can be said about F1 but it is always harder to pinpoint if that F1 is still with the lead post-show. Chris saying he got back to plowing those fields within 24 hrs post-FRC is probably just to evade answering the engaged or not question. Still, not that great, imo, if he hardly spent time with his F1.

His time on JKL and even with Jimmy and the girls (including Whitney and Kaitlyn) he doesn't come across as the best conversationalist, or a conversationalist at all. I learned more about Kaitlyn from JK than any questions Chris asked. It's as if he is not that interested in anything beneath the surface level or just having *fun*. His/TPTB note to Whitney on the date card was about having fun and not whining... Rolling Eyes

chris - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 45 C50e9211fa28e4a1d21f09b5b8f7ba73_zps4750586cThanks to Ladybug for this SC. (I found the no whining part really odd to say the least.)

Even with Britt, he seemed like he was no longer having fun with her or that physically interested in her let alone interested in her beneath the surface (he said in an interview they didn't even get to the part of finding out what Britt did for a living  Suspect ).

So for me, he doesn't come across sincere about finding a wife on a deep, lasting level. And yet, as you brought up, he questions the girls motives and says he is serious and so they can leave if they question his motives/don't believe him? And the edit of Whitney's skepticism? (He came across passive-aggressive to me in that. His behavior for me alone discredits what he says at that point of time... even if his motive may match his words). 

Sharleen in her blog covering this episode and others stated that it is Chris's gentlemanly nature to not reject the advances of the girls and thus kiss them back (boy oh boy, to me that sends red flags for future indiscretions and excuses of "I didn't want to hurt her feelings"....). Ugh!  no no I am not buying that it is gentlemanyly behavior. At all! It would be more gentlemanly if one is not interested in someone as a potential wife at all (ugh, hello Mackenzie, Ashley I, Amber, etc) to not to lead them on in that way. Certainly he doesn't come across as sincere and serious about a wife, imo, being a kissing bandit and unable to not kiss back - whether he initiated kissing or not, he barely initiates even in conversations... he is that passive of a lead.

In conversations his comments are very generic and he seems to like a little drink here and there so he could have just been happy-happy when being with Whitney on their date. So far I am just waiting to see some depth with Chris. He really needs to kick it into gear or the editing needs to help him (unless it already is???! And he was even worse than he is coming across? :shootme: :thud )

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 pm

northernviewer wrote:below, in the note about "whining"... I think it was just them spelling "wining" (wine date) with a wh, the same as her name is spelled Whitney,  and had nothing to with implying that she was a whiner or anything like that.  

AllAboutLove wrote:snipped...

snipped

nr! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71468

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:34 am

Thanks NV. Definitely makes sense from that perspective. yes

I was just reading into it in response to JBF's post about the edit and it being a bit forced/not so positive and so in that light I read into the card as a relation to having *fun* and the whole fun-emphasis rather than romance/love/deeper connection so to speak. The "No whining" could be taken as a possible dig if viewed from a non-F1 edit for Whit as JBF and others of us are having fun speculating. The "no" part to me can be seen in a negative light. If it was "Let's Whine and Dine" or something like that I wouldn't see it as a possibility at all to even be seen as a negative (the "no" part is what struck me as odd). Again, JMOAA regarding a possible negative Whit-edit (and touching on what JBF, myself, and others discussing the wedding theme omen/bad luck streak possibility). I also read the "no whining" as a possible snark about Whitney's voice. Does this mean any of TPTB had these same thoughts? Not likely, but from what JBF had posted this was something that would fit into a bit of a snark if Whit is not F1.

For the record, I think Whitney is F1 based on mural date/Chris' friends pre-season sleuthing. Until something else is seen, that is where I am.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:52 am

The "whining" DOES make sense on an alcoholic level. Note that Kaitlyn was pouring his "bourbon" (or was it Whitney's "gift"?), while Whitney diverted his attention from the vineyards to a wedding in progress. He was only allowed a little dry champagne before pulling their stunt... and he certainly guzzled it down the moment they left the limo.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+65
northernviewer
Litta123
MVMom39forever
ironcat
MiaHawk