SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:What I found interesting is the similarities between Chris' interaction with Whitney and with Kaitlyn solely regarding his "I am in charge/I am correct" ways/manner. (He strikes me as someone that wants a girl who will have fun with him and not question him at all and will let him have his fun! And if that involves alcohol? All the better!).

-- With Kaitlyn, when she wanted to take charge by telling a joke and Chris passively/aggressively 'put her in her place' in front of the other women.

-- With Whitney, basically responding, "No" to Whitney's interpretation of rolling with cob. Already 'correcting' her as you have pointed out JBF.

It even seems like he has a possible "correcting" Britt moment a bit in the upcoming episode and then says something about being there to find his wife and if the women don't believe him they can leave....

Totally passive-aggressive behavior, imo. No sense of self-awareness/reflection on his behavior to see if he should change how HE is acting (kissing so many women). Very selfish stance of "I" am the bachelor and you are here and if you don't believe ME, then leave! (Talk about immature!).

From what I have seen, Chris does not like women to question/challenge/etc him (Mackenzie asking him about kissing all the women for example) and yet? he has no problem with the women physically taking charge and initiating making out with him.

None. Whatsoever.

He is willing to make-out even with those he knows he is sending home and not seriously interested in as a wife (Amber, anyone?). This ties into the live-premiere and Iowan friends/family saying "That's our Chris" when kissing Britt first date.

Ummm... *red flag alert*

So, while the women are very welcome to physically fawn all over him, I don't see Chris as someone who is mature enough to self-reflect on his own actions and instead gets very defensive when questioned about his behavior.

The only woman he responded very well to that didn't fawn over him or indirectly question his behavior so to speak, was Becca. That is because she talked about herself not being ready and not questioning Chris kissing all the girls (and she not wanting to just be one of the girls).

***ETA: No wonder Chris gave Becca the rose. It was more about Becca NOT calling him out on his kissing bandit ways and thus not wanting to kiss him but rather Becca making it about her instead. She got 'rewarded' for not questioning him***

Smart play on Becca's side to make it about her and not Chris's actions/behavior when really, I am sure she was weirded out as many of the other girls were that he was kissing so many of them.

And Chris's reason for doing so (as told to Mackenzie)? He just wanted it to be real, how he is in real life.

Oops.

Good luck F1.

The bolded, he reminds me more and more of Andi. I called her a brat and self-centered when she did it and I feel the same way about him.

I also think Chris is a horn-dog in real life and is enjoying the physical aspects of the bachelor way too much. Shades of Bob Guiney and he was a douche bag too,
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:37 am

^ So true Stuck. Your comment about Andi made me think of her reaction to Eric. hmmm

My dearest mother has recently started watching this season after I started chatting to her about it. When I asked her today what she thought, after she had caught up and watched the most recent episode, her response was:

"That boy is no gentleman. He is just a playboy and he wants those girls to be his playthings."

My mother is such a lady and very, very proper so hearing her describe Chris had me howling in laughter. (She couldn't believe it when I told her he was 33).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 am

Episode 4 from an Edit/Storyline perspective
(...and mostly ignoring the spoilers for now)

Continuing from here (just a page or two back): https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2789p36-bachelor-19-chris-soules-general-discussion-spoilers-thread-2#738404

Doing a lady by lady analysis this time.

Britt, Jillian, Becca, Jade and Whitney are among those meeting Chris' sisters this episode, while Kaitlyn, Kelsey, the two Ashleys, Megan, McKenzie and Juelia are camping with Chris' supply of weenies over the open fire. Mighty curious why the sisters didn't meet all of them. Do their opinions matter as much as we believe?

The Ashleys

I think the whole "point" of all of their screen time is to showcase "what" Chris does NOT want. Granted, they present the material rather broadly.

Ashley S. comments he is a Scorpio and may not be compatible with her astrologically, but "it doesn't matter". Although he did seem interested in her as another onion to peel, the whole conversational angle in their relationship is... of course... dead. This is also "what went wrong" with Jillian. Amusingly, her. final comment to Chris after elimination is... "nothing".

I must confess that I love Ashley I., who is probably the best narrator./storyteller of the season. I don't know why she makes me laugh so much, but I kinda wonder if this "virgin" Bachelorette may, in fact, make a rather engaging lead... if given a chance.

Before this "virgin vixen" invades his tent, we get a cute shot of a  fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) looking around for morsels late at night. Nice alternative to the raccoons. However, I don't think she is the one who gets him to ask "what are you doing here?" in the promos. Apparently a LOT teased in the promos made the cutting room floor THIS episode... including Kaitlyn unzipping his... tent.

I guess Ashley and her "virginity" angle is important to the storyline for some reason; otherwise we wouldn't have wasted a quarter of the episode on it. "All of the sudden I felt way too innocent for him." (Her revelation did prompt another "I didn't see that coming" to match what he said after meeting Kaitlyn for the first time.)

She is so obsessed with cosmetics and dressing up, clearly not his "type", but always ripe for high comedy. When cosmetics expert Jade was dressed up for the Cinderella date, Ashley resembled a prison convict sentenced to 99 years without parole because she wasn't on THAT date. It is equally amusing the way she eats corn on the cob without messing her nails. (Too bad Whitney's dog was not there playing "vacuum cleaner" under her, since Whitney says he likes the taste of corn.)

Becca

Not much of her this episode. If F1, she is definitely the Dark Horse who is left standing as the others destroy themselves in the process. She does seem like the one who has it "together" and avoids getting involved in any of the drama.

She admits to being a virgin on national TV... not that we should even CARE since that is her and Chris' business to discuss. Yet Ashley can't stop gushing that she is, so it was high time to make her stop feeling so "special". Add to this Kaitlyn saying "stay tuned" as if there are likely more to come out of hiding.

Key quote to his sisters that would make a good theme for her storyline this season or leading her own:
"When you meet someone you fall in love with, you'll go anywhere with them." (Certainly opens the playing field for prospective bachelors.)

Britt

Best line of the show: "It is uncomfortable to name my self as a frontrunner because it seems like bragging..."

Britt has Chris completely tongue-tied about repeatedly giving Kaitlyn roses and wonders if he is rewarding her for "inappropriate behavior". In bits and pieces, this amounts to "taking her clothes off and getting others to" (this being the brief skinnydip that bugged Kelsey). Also "there was a lot of talk about sex" and "a lot of women were actually thinking about going home after that because they felt like they were on YOUR date and they were through of y'all and I was, like, if I was there would I feel the same?"

He then explains "that is not why I gave her rose" and Britt quickly replies "but it has been rose after rose after rose... and we want to know where you're coming from". This instantly makes Chris totally garbled in his words. Fortunately Jimmy Kimmel gave us a transcript of Chris' responses:

Chris: "It is definitely tough... someone whom I really respect come up and spend the entire opportunity she gets to talk to me talking about her and people in the house questioning my integrity and why I am making the decisions I am making. That's tough."
"I'm a little frustrated with the situation. I know what my intentions are and they are nothing but pure and of the highest integrity that exists. So I am a man and I will handle it like a man"

The Speech: "Ladies, I want all of you to know (spacey Ashley S. looking up) I'm hear to find a wife and (first Chris shown, then laughing and confused Megan) if any of you question that (pouty Ashley I shown), you are more than welcome (Britt shown) to go home (back to Chris) if you think that I am (McKenzie) not here for the right intentions. (surprised Megan) This is important to me. (Britt) So I will see you all at the rose ceremony." (In the promos, Whitney is shown here as well, but not on the episode.)

Britt is spotlighted looking down thinking as Carly asks: "Maybe HE is having an emotional breakdown? I don't know what's going on with Chris."

Before the rose ceremony, when discussing his feelings about the women to Mister Harrison, Chris says as the camera pans on...
... Britt: "things changed this week..."
... and over Kaitlyn: "emotions are starting to get involved"

Carly

She started a sad-sad story with his sisters to compare with Juelia and Megan regarding how she was treated by her last boyfriend, but then got on the topic of her grandparents. What made me laugh about her line "I want Chris to be like my grandfather" is that he keeps saying he is "old" whenever he is with... Kaitlyn.

Also I am curious about her claim of "virgin" Ashley making out with him 13,000 times. I guess they cut quite a few of these out.

Jade

Jade played her role well this episode since, despite her "cosmetics" and modeling background discussed with his sisters, she didn't sport any make-up and actually resembled a scullery maid abused by her stepsisters before her clown-wigged fairy godmother arrived to dress her up.

The handler who decided to allow the other ladies watch her prepare for her date were absolute geniuses. All that Whitney simply stated was "I'm envious of her" (short and sweet), but Ashley I. was climbing the walls and all over the ceilings in anxiety. Britt's jaw was to the floor. There were more spectators to this event than the Super Bowl. You would think Jade was also given a credit card and driven to Rodeo Drive.

When Chris says he's a prince looking for his Cinderella, there is that slight smirk resembling the kind Andi kept giving us in her PI sessions.

He's "extremely happy" that his sisters chose Jade. Too bad he only had until midnight to get her out of her gown. Funny dialogue here:
Chris: I think they hit it out of the park.
Jade (in complete monotone voice): Hooray.

He does get serious with her, discussing his past relationship... sort of. She also joins four-time winner Kaitlyn and one-time winner Whitney in getting the W-word... or, rather, she "has the qualities I find very important in a future WIFE."

My favorite line of Chris: "Y'know, I may have overlooked Jade a little bit, to begin with. After tonight, I am not going to overlook her anymore." Oh this line is funny... VERY funny, considering how he "overlooked" her on his bed during he pool party in episode 3.

"Hopefully Jade's and my fairy-tale becomes a reality."

One potential red flag: both kept looking at the movie screen instead of each other when dancing. I understand he did this show to prepare for DWTS like everybody else, but still...

One amusing segment when Ashley is discussing about her virginity... again... and being told it may not be "normal for our generation" (but otherwise quite normal), Chris is feeling up Jade's leg.

Jillian

I am going to miss the black bar.

Oh... Chris and his unicorns... and dancing fairies! He says this in a PI session with a bookshelf behind him. I do think he reads more books than other Bachelors. Yet they may have stocked him with too many Golden Books this time. Also The Poky Little Puppy.

One curio: he said at the start of her date (before dumping her) that she is one of his top three. Guess the other two... at this stage (episode 4)... were Kaitlyn (the one Britt is concerned about) and some sort of Britt/Whitney/Jade combo since they are all ladies he also sees a "future" with.

Needless-to-say, Jillian wasn't really feeling "IT" with Chris as much as with the other ladies...
"You know how awesome it is gonna be walking into that next rose ceremony and have one already? Yeah. One more week with me, b**ches."

I don't know how this scene flew over my head...

Juelia

They did allow her to talk in a few scenes.

Kaitlyn

OK. What happened on the camping date? At least after giving him a glimpse of her "tush". Ashley I. was clearly not the only visitor to his tent that night.

One consistency with Kaitlyn is that Chris discusses her EVERY episode in PI sessions. He didn't use the W-word this time, just that "She's continually impressing me with who she is. She's really someone I can see myself with".

Chris tells her on the camping date that he is a "touchie-feelie guy" and he only realized this as an "old man". He was just as "old" learning break-dancing, y'know... and SHE had to push the shopping cart at Costco. I guess the heavy breathing clip in the promo that got cut was Kaitlyn trying to get him to his feet.

Best line with the flashlight making her zombee-like: "I wonder if anything bad is gonna happen tonight?" (According to Britt later, quite a bit.)

Kelsey

Had the best line: "My face is getting skinnier from fake smiling".

Obviously she was "not a happy camper", but Elan Gale trying to help her with her bee-sting was too funny for words. "Hands off!!!!!!"

Sure looks frisky in the promos though.

Megan

Despite limited screen time, she is important for two reasons:
1.) She shared a tent with Kaitlyn and would know whether or not Kaitlyn was on her best behavior under a full moon.
2.) She blindfolded Chris when feeding him raspberries... which makes me wonder if she was blindfolded and ear-plugged herself the night she shared Kaitlyn's tent. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

McKenzie

As stated after Chris' pre-rose ceremony speech: "I don't know what is going on. I am super confused". This may also sum her up on the camping date too... and that is a good thing, since Chris hasn't eliminated her yet.

Oh... you know I am just joking. Actually she *explains* Ashley I. quite well for all of us to fully understand her: "she blows things out of proportion".

Whitney

She was everywhere on screen... if not with Chris. (Ooops! A correction: There is a sexy garter toss that is an abc "outtake".)

A few major quotes of interest...

Regarding his sisters: "They are really going to be judging us and they should be, so I think that it could be a game changer."

"The conversations flow very easily... and they asked the RIGHT questions. I think it is important to see that."
(Yes they did ask the "right" questions. They gave Jade the dress-up date after she told them she had "modeling" experience.)

"I thought our conversation went well, but I think they are going to make everyone feel comfortable. That's probably how Chris learns about this stuff from. He makes EVERYBODY feel so darn good and that's an awesome quality to have... but he's learning it from them. That's where he gets it. Whoever gets this 1 on 1 date, that's a Big Deal."
(The last sentence is true. To the girls watching Jade get a make-over, it WAS a Big Deal.)

My favorite Whitty Expression this episode was when Carly read the date card: "let's get dirty". I have the feeling that running through "schmuck" in a wedding dress was not the "dirty" she was a trifle worried about in that moment.

For the record, she was first called at the rose ceremony.

The rest of his harem

I keep thinking there was another body present... a brunette (Samantha?) accepting a rose at the ceremony.

Oh... this was too funny to pass up...

Before sending Becca, Jillian, Whitney, Britt and the others through the mud, there is a cute line by Chris: "Putting on these dresses, these girls think they may be walking down the aisle with me, but... um... there's a surprise in store."

Last edited by JBF on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:59 am; edited 6 times in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:13 am

great read as always, JBF! yes

i pretty much agree with you on Becca as the Dark Horse this season. (Sean's Cat much., anyone.?.Smiley)

i also agree with you on her having a good storyline.(re: Key quote to his sisters that would make a good theme for her storyline this season or leading her own ) :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 am

I made a correction above. Looks like we have additional Whitney as an outtake.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/742245

I must say that Whitney is rather... bouncy.

Also this scene gives us another of our "twos" this episode. Chris says his relationship with Kaitlyn is "natural" (and the camping date is also "natural"), while Whitney insists on camera that she and Chris were "natural" at the wedding. Dressed up, of course. Did you know Chris is America's Prince?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:21 am

Hi JBF..i actually was looking for your 'analysis' on Whitney's line about her envy /envious toward Jade getting the Cindy date (plus got to keep the diamonds and shoes..laugh out loud).

I found it very very interesting as i dont think it was a typical F1-ish, if you know what i mean..giggling

TIA!

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am

Episode 5: Edit odds and ends...

... and continuing from: https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2789p48-bachelor-19-chris-soules-general-discussion-spoilers-thread-2#739719
... which is preceded by: https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2789p36-bachelor-19-chris-soules-general-discussion-spoilers-thread-2#738404

Might as well keep an open mind with Whitney, Britt, Kaitlyn and Becca as possible F1 candidates (if he chooses anybody at all), although you can probably read between the lines that I find Kaitlyn's EDIT (if not her personality or assumed-by-viewers "compatibility level" with Chris) the most interesting... regardless of how long she lasts on the show. Whitney is the one who baffles me the most, EDIT-wise and by some of her PI sessions. Sometimes I question if Becca is really The Mole, although she is gradually getting more time with each succeeding episode.

First of all, Megan opens and closes this episode with some of the funniest lines in Bachelor history.
In the first few minutes, she tells us that New Mexico, a state in the United States, will be a "culture shock" for her. Also she says she cannot wait to visit and start a love story with Chris, because... because... she has "never been outside the country". For a moment, I felt very sad for her that she would not experience the joys have having her passport checked.
At the close of the show, she sports the sombrero, her "thinking cap".  Megan is a lot of fun to watch. What you see is what you get.

Love the name of the resort: Buffalo Thunder Casino. Not that I am implying anything insulting to the ladies, but they do resemble a "herd" arriving.

Carly's Date gets touchy-feelie...

... or not. You expected something kinky to happen and it didn't.

He says that if the love guru can not bring "chemistry" out of this date, his relationship with Carly is not going to happen. Cue a shot of storm clouds above...

What tickles me on this date is that Carly is instructed to blindfold him and... feed him! That is exactly what Megan did with him the previous episode. Not sure if Megan succeeded in getting his mojo to rise... and not sure if Carly is any more successful. At least we learned how important... *drink!*... "intimacy" is to Chris. Apparently Karly was NOT expecting... or wanting... intimacy with Chris on the first date. Fortunately, her chastity was spared since he felt the same... at least for now.

He tells her by the open fire (and the familiar guitar strings often heard over "soft" moments, such as two key Ashley and JP dates on her season) that he fears a woman won't find him glamorous enough on account of his lifestyle. She asks if he fears she will leave him after visiting his home, but later confirms that if you love somebody, where you are should not matter. (This resembles what Becca said in the last episode to his sisters.) Impressed by her perspective, he tells us on screen that she is just as beautiful "inside" as "outside"... and softly promotes her as either a potential F1 or a better Bachelorette candidate than Britt...
"Carly is the best wife YOU could ask for."

Mister Harrison in his yahoo blog: "I thought it was impressive the way Carly opened up about herself and her prior relationships. She seems like a woman that really knows what she wants. I'm guessing a lot of women out there really understand where Carly is coming from and have had similar experiences."

Group date: riding the rapids with rapid wild women

Kaitlyn brings up the date card line of "rapidly falling in love", but acts just as clueless as Chris was about her own "you can plow my field anytime". The "love" part baffles her, but she has fun analyzing "rapidly" as either riding the rapids or engaged in rapid gunfire (!) (I wonder if there's a hidden message there.) Fortunately for her, the editors zoom in on her and Becca when Chris says he wants his gal to be outdoors-y. Those two are outdoors-y. Megan is less so. Apparently Megan not only needs an atlas to determine if New Mexico is a foreign country or not; she also needs a Field Guide to Reptiles of North America, since she fears alligators in New Mexican waters... and "dead bodies".

Oh Jade. You love Chris massaging your legs. Got him to last week and got him to again after your aquatic accident. I am not sure if I believe you would hyper-ventilate. Oops! Sorry, Mister Harrison. If you say so... "Who knew Jade suffered from a special disorder where you get really cold when you fall into really cold water, but she does."

Jordan is the number 2 girl to boomerang this season, after Kimberly in episode 2. Fasten you seat-belts, folks! I have the feeling that she will NOT be the last. In fact, I even question the possibility of the F1 lady, if there is one, potentially "boomeranging". Hey! It happened with Jillian's Eddy.

Despite the uproar he causes by bringing Jordan into the date, Chris insists "I'm open to hear your opinions about this" just as the camera curiously zooms in on... Kaitlyn. Ironically, Kaitlyn only briefly addresses the situation.

A few additional "snippets" of curious editing to toss here... maybe they aren't important at all, maybe they are. Just sticking them here for future reference.

Ashley PI: Me and Jordan never meshed because I feel like we're fundamentally so different and I'm, like, just maybe she'll grow up and she'll become a Good Marriage Material Girl... and I'm sure she will, but right now, she's not ready for the kind of commitment that Chris wants.
Jordan to the ladies: For this situation and you guys... for how it, like...
... sucks / shot of Whitney scowling at her
Back to Jordan: Like I said, at the end of the day...
... we're not all gonna be here / Kaitlyn listening... and not exactly happy either
Whitney speaking as Jordan listens: But the point is not adding numbers...
Jordan agreeing: No... yeah
Whitney shown speaking: You know what I'm saying? It's hard. Like, I am so happy to see you (she looks to side when saying this), it is totally hard.
Jordan listening as Kaitlyn starts talking: ... and we are half-way into it and we have relationships whereas you never got that with him...
Kaitlyn shown talking: and now for you to jump in half-way
Jordan nodding: ... when you don't have that...
Kaitlyn smiling but looking up: It's... what? (Somebody responds "absolutely")
Whitney (looking to the side as she talks): The point of this process is that people get eliminated and it sucks for every person who gets eliminated
Next shot is ONE candle with out-of-focus flames... as Becca says to Chris: So what happened?!
Becca shown grinning at grinning Chris: Are you just, like, overwhelmed right now?
Chris: Yeah, I'm overwhelmed for you guys. (feeling her hands) How do you feel about it?
Becca: When you walked in I could, like, see it wasn't easy for either of you. (He smiles) Initially I was happy to see her and... as it is sinking in, I was, like, get the fear. I respect your decision.
Chris: Well I appreciate that.
Chris VO (over him with Becca, then in PI session): As the night progresses, it feels like I'm spending more time talking to the girls about Jordan than I am making our relationships move forward.
Megan to Chris: I think it is crazy. It makes it hard, I think, for us because it's already hard.
TWO candles shown as Kelsey starts talking: Emotionally...
Kelsy shown (shaking her head "no" as she speaks): ... I was shocked and blindsided.
Kelsey PI (pointing fingers): I get second chances... and I get...
Over Chris's face: ... forgiveness and redemption and I think that's a beautiful thing...
Over Kelsey's "concerned" look: ... but what happened tonight made me totally... (shown in PI) question how seriously he took the relationship that I had with him and the relationship he has with the other...
Total flames shown in full force: ...women. Kaitlyn speaks: Obviously we have a certain amount of time...
Kaitlyn to Chris: ... and I don't care to talk about Jordan.
As Chris grins (flames rather pronounced behind him): And I care to talk about what WE will do
Chris responds: I get it.
Kaitlyn VO/PI: Emotions definitely broke out tonight and... I just want the night to end, to be honest. It's too much.
Jordan asking: Um... where are the restrooms?
Kaitlyn VO over Megan, McKenzie, Samantha: I just think it is gonna continue to... eh... blow up in people's faces
Kaitlyn half-grinning: I'm kinda excited and I'm kinda scared.
Whitney in next shot, talking and shaking her head: I love Jordan. We bonded the first... you know...
Eye-rolling Ashley listening: ... days here and whatnot, but... like...
Ashley responding as the ladies look over: I dunno. I think like you guys are being way too understanding. I mean... if you are really here for Chris, we shouldn't want another girl around here no matter what She blew her chance. I don't think there are second chances in this... (arms waving)... environment we're in.

Later... Jade tosses him... and we viewers... a curve-ball. She responds to his "I'm OK if you're OK" favorably, which prompts a smile out of Chris, then changes the subject to... you guessed it... Jordan.

Obviously Jordan just had to go. So much for HER second chance.

Oh Whitney, you're so whitty...

Alfred Hitchcock would have adored her. He often cast blondes, whether they were naturals or "dyed" for the part. Madeleine Carroll, Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Kim Novak, Eva Marie Saint, Janet Leigh and Tippi Hedren are a few of the most famous. Supposedly, part of their appeal to him was that they were walking jigsaw puzzles for the men in the movies to piece together.

Whit is certainly a jigsaw puzzle that I myself am struggling to figure out. If Chris chooses her in the end, he will NEVER be bored. (Too bad, he is too young to remember when Rubik's Cubes were the craze of the land.) Again... I am reminded that she was the one telling him right out of the limo that she's watched The Bachelor/ette since high school... and probably could give the other leading expert on the franchise, Nick Viall, a run for his money. (I have long suspected that both Whit and Nick have a much higher IQ than folks like me.)

I don't know why the editors chose to put Whitney's first PI session between Ashley and Kelsey, but this peculiar splicing has me most amused...
First Ashley says she needs "to recover" (as if she had a major accident) from telling Chris that she's a virgin and that she hopes she can do it on a 1 on 1 date. Apparently solo dates can cure any ailment or fear one has.
Whitney comes off more genuine than Ashley... kinda. "I am DEFINITELY falling for Chris and I'm so excited to be in Santa Fe, being a romantic city. It is a good feeling to be here. Knowing there are less girls, we are going to get more time and we are anxiously waiting for the date." (I guess this means she is satisfied with her earlier solo date and is eager to be a "groupie" this time.)
Then Kelsey is determined to get her "one on one" date, since she needs it as a "boost". She is then followed by Ashley once again being equally determined to get HER "one and one"... as if she couldn't get that point across earlier.
Weird editing... I tell yah. Weird. Weird. Weird.

While she insists she is definitely falling for him early in the show, she later adds that "time is the most important part of this entire process". Without "time"... "you are going home". (Unfortunately, the editors strategically edit Jordan's arrival shortly after this commentary.)

Cute voice-over heard... over herself: "Only one girl is going to be seen at the end."

She was a clever gal to sit up front in the raft.
Chris: "Whit is right across the bow from me. I wouldn't be mad if I was rescued by Whitney. I'm not gonna lie."
(By the way, he also tells Jordan: "I enjoy drinking. I'm not gonna lie." He may need Whit to rescue him in more ways than one.)

Although Whitney got the group rose, we were not shown her sit-down with him...except as a Hulu "deleted" scene.
...and the editors spliced her "I don't want her here", shown over a stern face in the promos, much differently than on the main show. Instead, she was a Total Sweetheart with Jordan. She hardly seemed upset at all... and, in fact, Ashley was upset at HER for being too "nice". As Whitney stated, she very much would like to "catch up with Jordan" later, but "not in this environment" since she should "not be here for Chris". Amusingly, she asks her: "Soooooo... Jordan, are you going to *try* to get a one and one with him?"

When Chris announces he is giving the group rose to a woman who is "here for the right reasons", the editors splice a humorous shot of her nodding "yes" in agreement. Also the moment her name is mentioned, there's an instant "yes!" This contrasts with Kailtyn's slow "ooooh-kays" and shrugged shoulders routine. Kait, in fact, is amused about Whit getting the rose and asks jokingly "who is pi**ed?"

Ashley certainly is. She thinks Whit is way too "perky" for Chris. (As if she isn't? Ashley has done everything possible to make Chris "perky".) She later sobs to the first kindly ear (again, McKenzie) that she doesn't understand why Whitney "hates me so much". Oh Ashley. You are only imagining that Whit hates you... just as you imagined that Chris decided to stop groping you the moment you told him you were a  virgin.

Whitty Whit feels Ashley is "mean" about Jordan and Chris does not need a "mean" wife.
Ash: "I don't care what she thinks of me. I just care what Chris thinks of me."
Well... Chris does agree with Whit on his people.com blog: "There was no reason for the girls to be mean to Jordan when it was my decision to bring her to the party. Whitney's right, I don't want a mean girl."
Ditto the other Chris on his yahoo blog: "Chris gave the rose to Whitney who truly handled the night with class and dignity."

Whitty Whit: "I don't think Ashley is pretending to be something she's not... and that is a scary thing."
It is? Should all of the ladies "pretend" instead? Oh Whitney... Whitney... Whitney. You keep me on my toes.

Britt's Balloon

Should I even bother? The gal is too easy to "read" and not enough of a challenge for me, like Whitty Whit. Heck, she wears her make-up to bed, re-uses her dirty socks and makes Chris come off as "dirty" when he closes the suite door after bringing her down from her hot air experience.

On Britt at people.com, he says "I know there was a lot of talk about that, but I can't speak for Britt on why she did that, all I know is that she looked gorgeous, and I'm sure she'd look beautiful without makeup, too. And about all that showering business, Britt always smelled good – and looked good – so I really don't know what to say about that. I'm the kind of guy who showers every day (as all of America gets to see!) but to each her own, right?"

Per Harrison's blog: "Well, if Britt slipped at all she quickly made that ground right back up. The two of them have amazing chemistry together. They can't keep their hands off each other. After the balloon ride the two of them ended up back in Chris' room for some lunch and a 'nap'. Britt may have taken two steps back lately, but after this date she just took ten steps forward." (I am curious why Harrison didn't use exclamation points this time.)

Per Britt: "This date started in bed and ended in bed." (This makes me question all of Britt's talk at the start of the season in her promo about avoiding the "physical" with her last boyfriend, because other things are more important in a relationship.)

Then again, Carly's date promised more than it delivered. Perhaps we THINK more happened with Britt than actually happened. One peekaboo shot showed them fully clothed under the covers and all I could think was... aren't they getting a bit too hot (literally) in there? I should point out that the other two dates this episode had a lot more "fire" shots, not just under a balloon.

The way the ladies cat-talk about her at the hotel involves a lot of Becca and Kaitlyn listening-and-concerned shots, especially when Carly talks. I am reminded of Jimmy Kimmel addressing Kait about "God making him the Bachelor for a reason".

Amusingly, Kelsey says her interest in Chris "diminished" on account of Britt discussing their "nap" (which may have just been that since he only had three hours of sleep before balloon time and also raided the ladies' fridge). Yet this doesn't stop her from working her charms on him... since, in her words, she doesn't want to be sent home without informing him she's a widow...

Kelsey's so stealthy...

"I'm just... huh! Isn't my story amazing? It's... tragic, but it is amazing. I love my story."

On their first kiss: "we just wanted to just... collide. This was exactly what needed to happen because our relationship was heading in the direction of stagnation.... because I just had to tell him my story. We had to have our first kiss."

Per Mister Harrison: "The whole thing was a bit awkward for Chris — but nothing could be more awkward than that kiss. If you look at Chris' body language he couldn't have been stiffer, and if he leaned back any further he would've fallen off the couch."

Back to Kelsey: "I know this is a show about Chris, but thus is about my love story too. This is the unfolding of somebody who has been through something so tragic and you get to watch her pick up the pieces and grow into ANOTHER person and into another relationship... and I am so glad that the first kiss can be written in the story books."
(Even though she confuses the Dickens out of me, even I must confess that Whitney's episode 3 lines are more believable: "This day is just perfect! I'm just looking around, feeling like I need to pinch myself that this is real! I do feel we have a connection that cannot be faked. It is legit! It is real! It is, like, storybook.")

"Hell yes, I'm getting a rose tonight. Stay tuned Monday nights at 8. The love story unfolds."
(Again... for some reason, I find Whitney's episode 3 line more believable: "this could be one of the greatest love stories of all time." At least she says "could" with a touch of hesitation that Kelsey lacks.)

Even a genius can be confused by another genius...
Whitty Whit on Kelsey: "Tonight, everyone's worried... even the people with roses. Myself, Carly and Britt are tense. For someone who did not have a rose or one-on-one, she is very calm, very confident. It is just... interesting. I can't pinpoint it, but something's just not adding up."

Kelsey discusses how important "time" is with the other ladies (as Britt gives her understanding support, massaging her shoulders). Even Kaitlyn understands the importance of "time"... just as Whitney stressed it in an earlier PI session. Speaking of Kait, she got two very odd edit "focuses" when... Kelsey stated she "thinks his decision is made up" and... when Harrison announces no cocktail party on account of Chris "knowing exactly what he wants to do". These lines could be used by the editors either "for" or "against" her, since his decision may have been to NOT choose Kaitlyn and favor somebody else... and these could be "clues" of her later departure... or not.

When Chris told the ladies, "today was tough", both Kait and Whit give their sympathetic looks.

Some key lines after Kelsey revealed to her rivals about her story to Chris... and made him cry in front of Mister Harrison with yet another "there's not enough time" speech...

Whit: "She is not very nice."
Kait: (regarding her extra quality time) "It is so unfair."
Ashley: "She has a story that is more traumatizing than me!"
McKenzie: "If I were Kelsey, I'd be freaking out."
Carly: "I just don't understand this girl at all."

... and that is not the end of it. To be continued...

Although Harrison provides his take: "The odd thing is after Chris sold Kelsey out and left the cocktail party something changed in her demeanor. Suddenly the arrogance gave way to insecurity. I talked to Chris outside and he had just had enough this week and was ready to make his decision. There was nothing that he could've heard that would've made a difference so he wanted to move straight to the rose ceremony. Kelsey and some of the other girls got up to go use the restroom, and at some point we heard from a producer that Kelsey had gotten emotional and was struggling to breathe. By the time we found her she was outside the bathroom on the floor. It appeared she was suffering from some sort of panic attack. Our medic was quickly on scene and started to attend to her…. And that's where we left you this week.

Next Monday night we begin right back where we left off, on the floor outside the bathroom. You will see the rest of Kelsey's panic attack and you can decide if you think it was legit or all an act. The other ladies are starting to really question Kelsey, and this "incident" didn't help any."

Favorite lines in the final act:

Britt to Kelsey: Your pumps still look great.
Kelsey (laughing with her): Thankyou.

Last edited by JBF on Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:30 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Just saving space and ditching a silly old post of mine... even if this one's just as silly.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:57 pm

West Des Moines last night

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 2ajyg6h
So this just happened. Super nice and adorable. And Allie and I weren't "those girls". #thebachelor #inarelationship

jessmenken about 13 hours ago  
Hi, @amber.nicole91! We met at a great little restaurant in West Des Moines. Smiley

@jessmenken

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 Os7urn
@allison2624

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Lindsay Black @lpetermeier  
Clive, IA
The Bachelor was roaming around the office today! thebachelor @bryn_leah @ The Pork Checkoff http://instagram.com/p/ypwP5Xpv8X/
inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 20jjsc1

inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:56 pm

momoftrips wrote:Lindsay Black @lpetermeier  
Clive, IA
The Bachelor was roaming around the office today! thebachelor @bryn_leah @ The Pork Checkoff http://instagram.com/p/ypwP5Xpv8X/
inarelationship - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2  - Page 5 20jjsc1

Great picture of Chris and happy girls! :Nod:
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:15 pm

It's always a good day at work when Chris Soules comes in
@jordyn sullivan

Chris is in Waterloo Iowa dropping off dry cleaning. I still question him being in Waterloo, Ontario Canada
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:18 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:It's always a good day at work when Chris Soules comes in
@jordyn sullivan

Chris is in Waterloo Iowa dropping off dry cleaning. I still question him being in Waterloo, Ontario Canada

I don't think he was either.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #2

+114
Cameron2
mysthelma
bluwavz
northernviewer
mizzoufan