SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 4 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 4 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 4 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Bet2Win Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:09 am

MiaHawk wrote:
julychild wrote:
albean99 wrote:Thanks, MOT. I liked the Whitney video which shows their connection. Ashley S made me laugh. She is coherent some of the time.

Yes, Whitney and Chris have a connection, but I also think a lot of that ease in their interactions have to do with Whitney's personality...and Chris' passivity, too. It's confusing.

IA.  Whitney seems to be a take charge personality and Chris seems to be a follower.  He seems to admire her spunk and her ability to adapt.  I think that, regardless of which one he chooses, that he needs someone with a lively personality to counter balance his blandness, someone who is independent yet friendly so they can move to the middle of nowhere and make friends with everyone there, and hopefully someone who isn't interested in long conversations.  His communication skills are horrendous.  

He needs someone that can articulate, seriously, he has difficulty stringing two sentences together. Now we know why he was the secret admirer.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 4 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 39 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 4 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by livlafluv1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:14 am

Can't bring it over, but this is a link to a tweet that has a clip of jimmy kimmel poking fun at Chris's "speech" to Britt when she calls him out.
Good for a laugh or two!

https://twitter.com/ew/status/560150539326210048
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 am

MiniDiva wrote:
Diana wrote:
happygirl77us wrote: I think Chris is a Wonderful Bachelor  I think people are being to harsh.
Glad I am not the only one :claphands

Chris is a great guy who is genuinely interested in love and marriage  to include kids.  I think the lady he ends up with will be a very loved and cared for woman in every sense of the word.  :fanningfan

I agree! I've always liked Chris. I love that he comes from farming family, I admire their work ethic, because in my opinion, theirs is like no other. Chris may not be the most charismatic on screen but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent man, and I believe he is there for the right reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:25 am

Max64 wrote:
MiniDiva wrote:
Diana wrote:

Chris is a great guy who is genuinely interested in love and marriage  to include kids.  I think the lady he ends up with will be a very loved and cared for woman in every sense of the word.  :fanningfan

I agree!  I've always liked Chris.  I love that he comes from farming family, I admire their work ethic, because in my opinion, theirs is like no other.  Chris may not be the most charismatic on screen but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent man, and I believe he is there for the right reasons.

I agree I like Chris too, I think he is genuine and I do think he is a decent man. I think that if F1 spoilers are correct he picked a great girl and I do think he is using this show for the right reasons. I just don't think he is a good lead/bachelor, IMO too bland and not coherent enough, absolutely nothing to do with his authenticity.

sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:54 am

happygirl77us wrote: I think Chris is a Wonderful Bachelor  I think people are being to harsh.
I completely agree.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
julychild wrote:

Yes, Whitney and Chris have a connection, but I also think a lot of that ease in their interactions have to do with Whitney's personality...and Chris' passivity, too. It's confusing.

IA.  Whitney seems to be a take charge personality and Chris seems to be a follower.  He seems to admire her spunk and her ability to adapt.  I think that, regardless of which one he chooses, that he needs someone with a lively personality to counter balance his blandness, someone who is independent yet friendly so they can move to the middle of nowhere and make friends with everyone there, and hopefully someone who isn't interested in long conversations.  His communication skills are horrendous.  

He needs someone that can articulate, seriously, he has difficulty stringing two sentences together.  Now we know why he was the secret admirer.  

I might agree with you if I hadn't watched Chris have no problem articulating his feelings to not only Andi but taking the lead in the dustups with the guys last season. IMO what we are seeing this season is a Chris who is highly edited combined with a man who weighs his words carefully.  I believe Chris would rather cut off his own hand than to hurt or embarrass these girls.  

As for his blandness, there have been quite a few dull leads,Travis, PLo, Jason,Jake, Ben, Sean and JPG just to name a few.  I don't think choosing bland leads is a fluke.  Once The Bachelor sets foot in the mansion he  becomes a supporting character for the girls drama. 

When picking the Bachelorette leads, tptb seem to pick bigger personalities because they aren't going to get a lot of drama with the guys.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm

I think much of the "articulateness" seen in Chris during the 'ette was in response to retakes and cue cards. JMOAA
Both are utilized a lot in this show.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Kashathediva wrote:He makes the weirdest movements with his lips/mouth all the time.

I think you meant to say "his LIP/mouth." giggling

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think much of the "articulateness" seen in Chris during the 'ette was in response to retakes and cue cards. JMOAA
Both are utilized a lot in this show.

Yeah, I'm aware the producer's put the she in nanigans.  I just don't buy that TPTB would use the cue cards/retakes for him one season and not use them when he's the lead.  IMO the biggest problem tptb have with Chris is his total inablility to lie or fake it. It's written all over his face and demeanor.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Max64 wrote:
MiniDiva wrote:
Diana wrote:

I agree!  I've always liked Chris.  I love that he comes from farming family, I admire their work ethic, because in my opinion, theirs is like no other.  Chris may not be the most charismatic on screen but that doesn't mean he isn't a decent man, and I believe he is there for the right reasons.

I don't think he's being criticized as a person, many acknowledge that they think he's a decent guy... but that as a lead, he's terrible. People are losing interest in the show, largely due to the fact that he's plain ol' boring. They need to put a lot more thought into who they cast as the lead IMO It's not easy carrying a show as the main "character" and Chris just can't do it. Ratings are suffering.

The best solution I ( and many others) think is to end the tradition of recycling contestants. Enough already... give us some fresh blood :yes:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Those of us who posted on the motherboard in the past begged for "new blood" for both shows, and look where it got us. Ignored!! MF feels this is an easier way to cast the lead and I believe he said so somewhere. This is now coming back to bite him, IMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:16 pm

northernviewer wrote:
Max64 wrote:
MiniDiva wrote:

I don't think he's being criticized as a person, many acknowledge that they think he's a decent guy... but that as a lead, he's terrible.  People are losing interest in the show, largely due to the fact that he's plain ol' boring.  They need to put a lot more thought into who they cast as the lead IMO  It's not easy carrying a show as the main "character" and Chris just can't do it.  Ratings are suffering.  

The best solution I ( and many others) think is to end the tradition of recycling contestants.  Enough already... give us some fresh blood :yes:

And yet the ratings are holding solid. They went up from last week and the key demographic that they look for is winning the time slot. I think the people who are spoiled and spend time on boards like these and hence, know how the show "works" behind the scenes have way different expectations than the regular TV viewer. Sometimes I think we spend so much time dissecting the minutia of the show that we forget to actual enjoy the show...kind of like looking at impressionist paintings. If you get too close...it just looks like a mess, but, step back and you can enjoy the beauty of it. All my unspoiled friends are really enjoying the show and Chris. They don't find him boring and just see a man overwhelmed and not wanting to hurt anyone. They do think the girls are more wacko than usual because Chris is just too nice.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 4 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+57
Bet2Win
chrissy1295
Smileydog
pavalygurl
sara11