SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Page 50 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by Katiebelle Tue May 05, 2015 12:05 am

MoreFM, who is a sponsor, is taking people's votes for who they think is going to win. So far Matilda 65%, Alysha 25% and Dani 10%.

I'm surprised that the voting is not more even and that Dani has such a low percentage. Must have been influenced by Art pulling Dani aside at the last RC. I would have thought Alysha would have had a lower percentage of people thinking she was going to win.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers* - Page 50 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

Post by dancer33 Tue May 05, 2015 1:30 am

HEA wrote:
ahem.  I was a bit carried away with my analysis so I wanted to thank you for leaving your lurking corner Smiley
20 years is definitely quite some experience and this is exactly what this forum needs: professional who can share an unbiased opinion with a professional expertise.
Thank you. this is much appreciated.
just curious... did you watch the AU seasons? do you think NZ and AU have a different approach with the script? Did you watch US or CAN?

Haha thanks!

I've seen a few US seasons, one AU season and a few videos of one CAN season so I don't know much about the latter. To me the AU version is closer to the US version than ours. That is probably down to a number of factors including the age and choice of bachelor/bachelorettes in NZ. Having lived overseas for many years there are still times I cringe at the lack of sophistication in NZ but you can't help but appreciate how down to earth and 'real' people are, even on a show like The Bachelor. However, it's still heavily scripted here so I have taken just about everything said in the ITM clips with a grain of salt  as you would for anywhere else. Art is also being coached the whole time about what to say and do on dates for specific shots so actions and body language are much more reliable. So there are quite a few things he's said on the later dates that I wouldn't place too much stock in either.

I'll be really interested to see if there is more physical chemistry between Art and Matilda tonight since we have seen so little. Who knows, what they show us tonight could confuse people even more which would mean the producers have done an excellent job!

Last edited by dancer33 on Tue May 05, 2015 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

dancer33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 7:27 am

dancer33 wrote:
HEA wrote:
ahem.  I was a bit carried away with my analysis so I wanted to thank you for leaving your lurking corner Smiley
20 years is definitely quite some experience and this is exactly what this forum needs: professional who can share an unbiased opinion with a professional expertise.
Thank you. this is much appreciated.
just curious... did you watch the AU seasons? do you think NZ and AU have a different approach with the script? Did you watch US or CAN?

Haha thanks!

I've seen a few US seasons, one AU season and a few videos of one CAN season so I don't know much about the latter. To me the AU version is closer to the US version than ours. That is probably down to a number of factors including the age and choice of bachelor/bachelorettes in NZ. Having lived overseas for many years there are still times I cringe at the lack of sophistication in NZ but you can't help but appreciate how down to earth and 'real' people are, even on a show like The Bachelor. However, it's still heavily scripted here so I have taken just about everything said in the ITM clips with a grain of salt  as you would for anywhere else. Art is also being coached the whole time about what to say and do on dates for specific shots so actions and body language are much more reliable. So there are quite a few things he's said on the later dates that I wouldn't place too much stock in either.

I'll be really interested to see if there is more physical chemistry between Art and Matilda tonight since we have seen so little. Who knows, what they show us tonight could confuse people even more which would mean the producers have done an excellent job!

I have noticed some cut that showed me that was not nicely edited. Ex: way back at the cocktail party, dani said that he made her feel special and she never had that in her life. The cut was right after she was starting to explain and it was cut. We saw only the faces when in the hometown recap we clearly saw their hands playing with each other.

Yes. We know that lead and girls had to repeat ad nauseam their feelings about anything and they would cut and use it to fit the script. Most especially voice over.

For me the first lead intro always gives me clues, music and body language. Plus the dreamed descriptions and the words he uses and then I try to see who fit the bill, who would be potentially his dreamed girl.

Yes the girlfriend/boyfriend was definitely new for most. But NZ is more british alike with a strong sense of "do not show your feelings in public" kinda attitude. So the public would not have reacted the same way if it was copied on the US version IMO. Their focus was healthy food, take care of your body, be natural. That is the main message I got. So teens could relate, women could relate and middle aged women could relate. They selected the right range of different kind of women to please each category of women and pushed the last 4 in this direction to keep the audience motivated to watch.

I am always surprised to see how some fans react a bit crazy about this show. A TV reality is a scripted show full of edits. If we like a contestant better, I have no issue. We all relate more with one based on our own personality. But there is a line that I often see that is a bit scary IMO.

How does NZ react to this show? is it really popular?

PS: just finished watching and it was funny to focus on edits only. matilda is walking, happy art face and dani is walking, straight art face just to fool us with the outcome. over the moon dani in ITM, words used by matilda, words used by arthur, the princess happy ending fairy tale reference... so many clues in this episode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 50 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Art Green - *Sleuthing* - *Spoilers*

+25
mindless
Jolena
Linds911
Katiebelle
Spoil Me Again