SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 50 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 50 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:32 pm

SomeGuy wrote:
A spiritual adviser who is an atheist??

It is a little(!) odd, I agree, but atheism doesn't rule out spiritual values. The existence of a Diety... not so much.

Anyway... short term lurker, first time poster.

I understand that, but I feel like I remember him asking if he could pray with at least one of the couples, and he talked with Sean about finding God and such. Unless my memory is failing me, which is quite possible Embarressed! He definitely portrayed himself to be not only spiritual, but religious.

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 50 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 50 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by TwinkleB13 Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 pm

http://www.people.com/article/married-at-first-sight-producer-explains-casting-process

How does this explain them missing Sean's criminal record?

Please note, all of the above is strictly my opinion Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 50 1710264613

TwinkleB13

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Have to say I didnt watch the season but just reading the boards, I am EXHAUSTED!

This sounds like a gong show! I feel bad for everybody involved, this whole mess got out of hand.

I really hope they don't bring this show back.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeGuy Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:21 pm

TwinkleB13 wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
[/...A]theism doesn't rule out spiritual values. The existence of a Diety... not so much.

I understand that, but I feel like I remember him asking if he could pray with at least one of the couples, and he talked with Sean about finding God and such. Unless my memory is failing me, which is quite possible Embarressed! He definitely portrayed himself to be not only spiritual, but religious.

A cursory search with Google shows Greg Epstein to be something of a Name in the US spiritual atheism community. The notion of a rabbi for Humanist Judaism seems to be an oxymoron, but it's in his CV. So that means the notion of prayer isn't, per se, ruled out. Although who an atheist would pray to seems to make [the] notion ...ah... challenging. If "finding God" was said, I missed it. But then I have let most of MAFS S2 go.

- - - -

For the record, IMNSHO MAFS S2 has proven, by almost anyone's standards, to be a train wreck. If I had any sense, I'd let the matter go and move on to better ways to occupy my time. But here I am posting, oh my.

MAFS S1, and particularly the Hendrix-Carrion story, was been entertaining (in the broad sense) and I found it instructional. And I mean the latter quite literally. Watching this story has lead me to significantly revise my approach to our marriage. I sincerely think I've become, or at least have tried to become, a better partner. So far, so good [/big grin]

Last edited by SomeGuy on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Tightened shortened opening self-quote - dropped "Short.."etc. - typo corrected - some day I might post w/o edits HAH!)

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

SomeGuy

Location : The marshals at Witness Relocation said leave this blank ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:26 am

Moving along ....what does anyone think could help this trainwreck for future shows?

I wonder if Atlanta will bring less "model/actor" types? IMHO NYC, LA and to some degree Miami bring out all the wannabes.

I have long maintained that the first (sometimes 2nd) season of any reality show is best cause the participants are more "into" whatever the "premise' is, this holds for all shows not just dating shows. As more seasons come , we see them bringing their "guitar" ready to sing, pushing whatever they sell, planning their next gig, etc.

I wish the reality shows would tell the participants - no models, no actors....no future here...you may find love...but we won't pay for your wedding
Same with Bachelor/Bachlorette....and I wish they would stop the re-treads LOL

I will watch the next installment with "hopes"...but I am not going to watch any more of Jamie and Doug ....Courtney/Jason....and I really hope the 3 galfriends go on to have fun but I don't want to see them either. I wish they would go away now. Bye Jess, Jac, Davina

I am pretty disgusted by the money they are raking in....none of them are star material. I just found out Doug was a comedian and saw his stuff on Youtube before he "married" on tv..yuck. JMO

Go away..bring real people who really want this, please we want a love story....not to watch you plan your next gig....JMO
stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:47 am

I completely agree with that. Im interested in seeing real people not people looking for future or current fame. They do have good looking everyday people that are not models and actors. Since im sure they won't cast a bunch of ugly people. Just my opinion though

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by Boomshakalaka Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:13 am

stillhoping wrote:Moving along ....what does anyone think could help this trainwreck for future shows?

I wonder if Atlanta will bring less "model/actor" types? IMHO NYC, LA and to some degree Miami bring out all the wannabes.

I have long maintained that the first (sometimes 2nd) season of any reality show is best cause the participants are more "into" whatever the "premise' is, this holds for all shows not just dating shows. As more seasons come , we see them bringing their "guitar" ready to sing, pushing whatever they sell, planning their next gig, etc.

I wish the reality shows would tell the participants - no models, no actors....no future here...you may find love...but we won't pay for your wedding
Same with Bachelor/Bachlorette....and I wish they would stop the re-treads LOL

I will watch the next installment with "hopes"...but I am not going to watch any more of Jamie and Doug ....Courtney/Jason....and I really hope the 3 galfriends go on to have fun but I don't want to see them either. I wish they would go away now. Bye Jess, Jac, Davina

I am pretty disgusted by the money they are raking in....none of them are star material. I just found out Doug was a comedian and saw his stuff on Youtube before he "married" on tv..yuck. JMO

Go away..bring real people who really want this, please we want a love story....not to watch you plan your next gig....JMO

what money are they raking in?

Boomshakalaka

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:18 am

Boomshakalaka wrote:

what money are they raking in?

From what we read here, they are all paid weekly...and the former ones are paid every appearance

Jamie/Doug and Jason/Courtney get paid very well

I wish they would all go away

I read some of the figures here....maybe someone with link can post them again? It is pretty disgusting.

stillhoping
stillhoping

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:24 am

Ya and wasn't it more if they stayed together ? IMO the show should only pay for the wedding. Let them face everyday struggles just like most people do thats the only way they will really feel what it is like.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by CynicalSofty Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:24 pm

sherrie714 wrote:Ya and wasn't it more if they stayed together ? IMO the show should only pay for the wedding. Let them face everyday struggles just like most people do thats the only way they will really feel what it is like.
It is odd that they have all these conversations about money - and go "shopping" for apartments where they discuss the cost, when in reality they're not paying for any of it.
It's just a small piece of this HUGELY messed up puzzle, but - seriously - how do they pick those apartments? Does the show give them 3 options and then they're allowed to pick one? Are they just given a "budget" to spend on housing? And, if so, I wonder if the budget at all relates to how much money they would really have to spend on a place, if they actually were paying for it themselves..

~ "wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment" ~ Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 50 1377737533
CynicalSofty
CynicalSofty

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 pm

CynicalSofty wrote:
sherrie714 wrote:Ya and wasn't it more if they stayed together ? IMO the show should only pay for the wedding. Let them face everyday struggles just like most people do thats the only way they will really feel what it is like.
It is odd that they have all these conversations about money - and go "shopping" for apartments where they discuss the cost, when in reality they're not paying for any of it.
It's just a small piece of this HUGELY messed up puzzle, but - seriously - how do they pick those apartments? Does the show give them 3 options and then they're allowed to pick one? Are they just given a "budget" to spend on housing? And, if so, I wonder if the budget at all relates to how much money they would really have to spend on a place, if they actually were paying for it themselves..

That is interesting idea. Jess and Ryan R had different ideas how much to "spend"..he wanted a more expensive place and said he could pay more, when in reality he is not the "businessman" he claimed to be and the show was paying for it LOL

While I don't mind the fact the show pays for it, I am getting sick of seeing all of them afterwards. I don't like the continued fame game they play. I feel this way about most reality shows. Years ago I liked Real World on MTV but I hate the "challenge" show spinoffs. I also dislike the Bachelor Pad/Island shows equally. I am sick of reality "stars">> they are not stars. I have been let down many times, I will "like" a person on a reality show then I get disgusted when I see them afterwards trying to get on any shoddy d list red carpet, butting their faces into anything and everything.
It was nice getting to "know' all of them...now...go away #goaway JMO.
stillhoping
stillhoping

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:04 pm

We post here because we can and we don't have to answer to anyone why we do it. yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 50 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+90
TwinkleB13
WatcheronWall
TheEyesHaveIt
sherrie714
Sulamit