SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by emusha Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:36 pm

cantstopl cantstopl ^^ thanks for the laughs
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

Post by traveler90 Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Not me, I would rather go to RS site, give him money for the click and take my free virus. (btw--I am not doing that anytime soon either)
But yeah, this "finding myself" attitude is not going to go over well with NYC'ers her own age. 
Wah Wah Wah. hissyfit  Baby wants a cookie. And nice shoes. And a Mexico vacay. And sishy. And why can't I be a well known designer? Waaaah.
I do like Andi but you're cracking me up, Kasha spitcoffee
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:43 pm

just my opinion, but I don't think she is trying to find herself at all. I think she very much has found the life she wants - shopping, working out, dining out and being filmed or photographed doing those things. If she can be paid for doing it all the better, but doesn't seem to be a problem for her if she's not.

I've felt for a while that she wants to live the Kardashian dream - being famous for being her and making money off living her "glamorous" life. Luck to her I guess, just nothing I'm interested in for my entertainment. And man, the ego I imagine someone has to have to think that's even an option is beyond me.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:46 pm

emusha wrote:snipped

I actually totally agree with Andi -- she needs to find herself (like many do at her age) and that's what I've always felt during her own season -- that she's still figuring herself out -- i esp felt she needed to grow towards being vulnerable, breaking down her walls, tuning into other people/being more empathetic, accepting the "grey" sides of life. this is a positive direction towards that or at least it seems...even moving away from fam is a big step.... all the best to her - esp happiness and growth

jmo

I totally agree this is what she needs to do. IMO She needs professional help, professional guidance to determine what path she should pursue. When someone is lost and doesn't know what direction to take, you don't sign up with Time Inc making vids about yourself, acting your way through the credits with sympathy clips thrown in.

If she is gearing towards a 13 yr old audience, she has succeeded. BTW I would be offended if I was  NYer and someone said they were going to keep their Y'all. Go back to Atlanta if you're not going to be a NYer. JMHO I could be wrong, and this wouldn't bother anyone in the state of NY, but this is a sore spot for me. If you're going to move to another state country whatever, then adapt and embrace all things that state has to offer. However, I could totally see why she would say that, she's MeAndi and everything is done her way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71478

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm glad I'm entertaining. :yes:
But I am also serious. I worked since I was 16 and just recently retired in my late 50's because thankfully I could. 
I have daughters MEandI's age. They worked from the time they were 16, not because they "had to", but because we wanted to teach them a work ethic, the value of a dollar and to be independent. 
Most parents pray their children will be happy and healthy and that if something happens to the parents, their offspring will be able to stand on their own two feet. 
 Everything else after that is gravy. 
I guess it's a different world today.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Instead of finding herself, she needs to find her big girl panties. stupid
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:52 pm

GA that makes a lot of sense to me -- I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but I think it takes self-awareness to be able to use whatever out-of-comfort-zone experiences come your way to self-reflect towards growing ...the bachette and the trials and tribulations are similarly experiences that stretch someone's comfort zone... but it takes the person not just the circumstances
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:04 pm

relaxing wrote:just my opinion, but I don't think she is trying to find herself at all.  I think she very much has found the life she wants - shopping, working out, dining out and being filmed or photographed doing those things.  If she can be paid for doing it all the better, but doesn't seem to be a problem for her if she's not.

I've felt for a while that she wants to live the Kardashian dream - being famous for being her and making money off living her "glamorous" life.  Luck to her I guess, just nothing I'm interested in for my entertainment.  And man, the ego I imagine someone has to have to think that's even an option is beyond me.

I tend to agree with you here. I don't begrudge anyone for following a dream, if I didn't have the Knight of the Mirrors for a mom, I would have become an actress. But with Andi, it seems that she will do anything that keeps her in front of the cameras, very much like the Kardashians.

To me, a self professed diva is not an insight into who she is, but rather an excuse for egocentric behavior.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Well, we have a lot of azzes on the east coast, but none with as big of an azz as Kim K-West. Maybe MEandI could have some rear surgery.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:11 pm

traveler90 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Not me, I would rather go to RS site, give him money for the click and take my free virus. (btw--I am not doing that anytime soon either)
But yeah, this "finding myself" attitude is not going to go over well with NYC'ers her own age. 
Wah Wah Wah. hissyfit  Baby wants a cookie. And nice shoes. And a Mexico vacay. And sishy. And why can't I be a well known designer? Waaaah.
I do like Andi but you're cracking me up, Kasha spitcoffee

Me too Smiley.

This city is freakin' expensive.  I don't mind that Andi is doing this show, but if I were her friend I would tell her to take the NY Bar exam and try to get a job with the NYC Law Department or a small firm (because jobs at the Manhattan DA are next to impossible to get), because money doesn't go nearly as far in NYC than it does in Atlanta.  Even if she's supplementing it with reality TV and appearances and promotions, at least she's making something for when it all dries up.  

I do like that Nicole Miller seems like she's going to try to talk some sense into Andi.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:20 am

^Andi has tweeted some pretty mean/negative things about people, maybe not directly but she has. Plus, she has favorited plenty of negative stuff too.

This is the general discussion thread and all opinions are welcome. Andi has opened up herself to these comments by repeatedly going on tv and being a public figure. Her actions have brought on these comments so she can only blame herself for that.

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 87b72b10 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 86669110 Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3 - Page 79 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:29 am

First,  Welcomeparty!  bachfan77!

There is a fan thread for only positive and loving posts about and towards her.  Not everyone likes each and every contestant from the show, but there is somewhere for each of us to discuss our thoughts - good, bad, happy, sad, ugly, etc., between the general discussion, sleuthing, fan , other reality TV shows,  sports, books, etc!  Find where you feel comfortable posting and join in!

Andi Fan Thread
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #3

+76
Rogers24
Cdrogers
Idlemess
metalgirl
lipsis