SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - Page 78 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

Post by emusha Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:31 am

I'm just glad they were able to keep their friendship, because they're great girls. That's what that experience was about. Meeting some really great people and having those friendships is important."

While he films DWTS, Soules told Us that he's thankful for Bischoff's commitment to their relationship. "We get to spend a fair amount of time together, but I think mentally I'm not really there in a way that I will be able to be in the future," he said. "It changes the dynamic a little, so she gets that and we've just got to communicate and work hard to have a relationship... It will be a lot easier once this is over with."
He also said Bischoff was his biggest supporter. "She's the best," Soules gushed. "I take this extremely seriously and she's nervous for me and every day [says,] 'How'd it go? How do you feel? How did rehearsal go?' Every night we'll watch our performances." The Chicago native has even stayed on the West Coast with her beau until DWTS wraps.
I highlighted and underlined the places his description is weird to me. he didn't specifically say a "break" - he just said mentally he's not really there and so they have to work hard to *have* a relationship -- i agree with those who say that it sounds odd. I hear from this that they're still working to *be* together...they're not all in yet...that's what I *hear* from this. doesn't have to reflect whether or not they'll work in the long run just a state of the union, more so imo...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - Page 78 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:32 am

Lucas15 wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:I've always felt that Chris really respects and admires Whitney (when asked by the paparazzi why he picked Whitney: "she has her poop together and you can't say that about a lot of people"), and he felt like she was the right type of woman to pick because she wanted all the things that he did and she wouldn't hurt him like his ex-fiance did. But, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you share the same values if that true love isn't there. I honestly do think that they are both really genuine, good people so I hope that it does work out for them, but I just don't think it will.

When you first start dating someone or fall for someone at first sight, what you experience isn’t love; as much as you feel like you’re head over heels in love, you really aren’t - you’re just experiencing the first stage of love, a small part in the stages of love known as the infatuation stage. No matter how strong that infatuation might feel, if you don't want the same things out of life and you aren't ready or willing to make a commitment that the relationship will last then it's not going to last. That's why so many showmances don't last - they are only based on infatuation.

The things you describe about Whitney wanting the same things that Chris wanted and wouldn't hurt him like his ex-fiancee did speak to commitment and are the beginnings of true love as opposed to infatuation.

Agree to disagree! Look, I'm Indian and come from a culture of arranged marriage where most people would agree with you. I think that sharing values is very important, but there are probably a million women in the world that share Chris's values. The one you choose to spend your life with should be the person who you truly look forward to coming home to at the end of a hard day. Someone who you can always laugh with and someone who you adore no matter what else is going on in your life. Someone who is truly your best friend.

A good example of this is Emily's current husband and Sean Lowe. On paper, VERY similar guys down to their faith, core values, family ties, and a althletic background. Yet, Emily never had that comfort level or chemistry with Sean. She wanted to pick him because he was perfect for her and Ricky, but without that "best friend" potential, it would never have worked out. I think the same will happen with Chris/Whitney, but who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:38 am

emusha wrote:

I'm just glad they were able to keep their friendship, because they're great girls. That's what that experience was about. Meeting some really great people and having those friendships is important."

While he films DWTS, Soules told Us that he's thankful for Bischoff's commitment to their relationship. "We get to spend a fair amount of time together, but I think mentally I'm not really there in a way that I will be able to be in the future," he said. "It changes the dynamic a little, so she gets that and we've just got to communicate and work hard to have a relationship... It will be a lot easier once this is over with."
He also said Bischoff was his biggest supporter. "She's the best," Soules gushed. "I take this extremely seriously and she's nervous for me and every day [says,] 'How'd it go? How do you feel? How did rehearsal go?' Every night we'll watch our performances." The Chicago native has even stayed on the West Coast with her beau until DWTS wraps.
I highlighted and underlined the places his description is weird to me. he didn't specifically say a "break" - he just said mentally he's not really there and so they have to work hard to *have* a relationship -- i agree with those who say that it sounds odd. I hear from this that they're still working to *be* together...they're not all in yet...that's what I *hear* from this. doesn't have to reflect whether or not they'll work in the long run just a state of the union, more so imo...
Thank you for posting the actual article or interview, whatever. 
It's always interesting to see different POVs.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:41 am

emusha wrote:

That's more like it. I doubt very seriously that even if it is true that he would "slip" and say that. I think the above is just an honest statement of what the reality truly is, he is dedicated to this for however long he is on it and they both accepted this going into it. I still think they are fine but as always until the invites are out, I remain hopeful but not surprised.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:46 am

I agree these words are odd, but not necessarily putting a relationship on hold. Still think doing DWTS showed how unimportant it was for them to focus on each other. Most couples are looking forward to real life. DWTS just delays that.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:48 am

emusha wrote:

The more I hear of it, the more "odd" it becomes. IMO They have a tough road ahead, but hey TWT. Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - Page 78 3806527698
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:51 am

I disagree. Respectfully. 
Money. Plain and simple. DWTS was offered and it's a way to earn some good cash in a short amount of time. 
Personally, would I do it. No--it looks like torture. I read what Sean had to say about it and it only drove the torture thing home. So would the money in this instance lure me, no. Also, I don't enjoy humiliation and it seems judges love this.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 am

Well he might be doing DWTS for money and frankly that is his right. The words he uses now and HAS been using about Whit and his "relationship" are just plain odd to me All JMO. Does not bode well for them making it. JMO and TWT. Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - Page 78 3806527698
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:02 pm

IMHO I think they're still getting to know each other and that's likely the most honest reaction I'd expect from being on this show -- the way whitney also says -- we're taking it slowly, step by step, I'm not quitting my job or anything *hahaha* and the tone of how she says that makes me think they're pretty early in their relationship stage...again, to me this doesn't mean they may not work long term - just a state of where they are which is still imho quite early on in the dating process though with a commitment/engagement at hand... I don't hear from their words about their own relationship that they feel ready or that they know each other well enough yet to set a wedding date. i see much more of the rational decision-making in this couple than we've seen in almost all other couples in this franchise...maybe the warm and fuzzy infatuation will grow, maybe not...

Last edited by emusha on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:02 pm

I have seriously tried to see something "odd" about it. I just can't and don't. I don't see anything odd at all. I have not heard of anything amiss. Not a whisper. IMO they appear fairly devoted to each other. Whitney certainly could make a ton of excuses why she doesn't have to be in LA. 
I won't even say I will be waiting to see what happens, because I don't really care.giggling They're pretty much like many other couples I see in this age group and either they will make it or they won't. Heck, even if they marry the success rate there is only about 45%.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by star_D Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:26 pm

eliza3 wrote:I am more of a Whitney fan than Chris fan - although I like him too.  I think he doesn't always think before he opens his mouth.   Having said that…I truly think there is NO WAY Whitney would stay with him if he wasn't totally into the relationship, and he was in love with her.  I know her edit showed her as this strong women who needed a woman/mom to complete her life.   While I think that may be her ultimate goal, I don't think she needs any man to completely her life.  I think she wants that.  Difference.

I just don't see her staying with Chris if he isn't totally in love with her.  She is too strong a woman for that.

I totally agree with you.
Some people think Whitney is a women desperately looking for a husband and a family but I think Whitney does want a husband and a family but she is not that desperate. Whitney is beautiful and intelligent. I don't think it's very difficult for her to find a husband. I think she is also picky and really wants to find "the one". If Chris is not "the one", I believe she won't stay.

star_D

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:43 pm

Chris snapping at Witney?   Hmmm...reminiscent of Jake and Chelsie.   Run, Whitney, run!
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 78 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules - Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion

+78
leselihau
mercieme
yrkiemommy
lipsis
bachfangal