SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 19 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 19 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Nonina430 Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:47 am

Please, he can make anyone look good. I've seen him in a small club
In LA where the cast hangs out. Pulling people to the floor. You can
not dispute the man' talent

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 19 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:32 pm

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 19 CA3m9HTUQAIRe8F

@dwtsgossip
Voting online is still open on Facebook and at DWTS @abc
Online voting is open through 8:00 Eastern time today
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:45 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 19 CA3m9HTUQAIRe8F

@dwtsgossip
Voting online is still open on Facebook and at DWTS @abc
Online voting is open through 8:00 Eastern time today

Thanks...I just voted...again! giggling
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:48 pm

I think Chris's only shot is beating Charlotte. Let's hope everyone's sick of her boobs and ability to shut up about them already.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:23 pm

With half the score being votes it's hard to tell who's really in danger.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:21 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I've never watched SYTYCD, appreciate everyone's opinions of her. I had no idea who she is.

It's my favorite show on TV.  It's coming back this summer, yay!!  

This contemporary piece choreo'd by Mia Michaels is about addiction, Kayla is the addict, Kupono is the addiction:

Really cute hip hop routine by winners Fik Shun and Amy:

Beautiful contemporary dance with Kent and Neil:

They dance all genre's no matter what their background is, so hip hop dancers have to dance ballroom, ballet dancers have to dance hip hop, etc.  Love it!

Last edited by Bet2Win on Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:42 pm

KAYLA AND KUPONO SO GOOD I HAVE CHILLS AGAIN
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Carrie Ann Inaba's DWTS Blog -  Is Bachelor Star Chris Soules Doomed?

See below what she had to say about Chris Soules.  Entire blog here:  Carrie Ann's Blog

Chris Soules and Witney Carson

The Bachelor star has charm, but this week was a setback for him. He didn’t really improve. In fact, he seemed to slip backward a bit. I think he needs to hone in on the details of each dance. These dances are driven by technique. Despite the fact that no one will ever completely master the art of Ballroom and Latin dancing in these few weeks, it is an important part of the growth of the performer. He also was off musically speaking as well. Bad technique, poor movement quality, along with bad musicality can only mean one thing…Lots of room for improvement! So keep your head high Chris and comeback strong!
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:09 pm

mindless wrote:
Max64 wrote:
For me, the fact that Chris did so poorly last night was a reflection of Witney and her ability to teach.  If the choreography was too difficult for Chris, she as the instructor should have dialed it down.  Her job is to "teach" dance but to also work with Chris' strengths and make him look good on the dance floor.  

I agree. I love Witney, but that choreo was really complicated for someone with no background in learning choreography. He already looked overwhelmed on Wednesday during their live rehearsal, so I wished she'd taken a hint a simplified it. Her youth is showing.

Yes exactly! Last week they criticized Tony for being too easy with Suzanne. This week he amped it up just enough and Suzanne did really well.

This week they just did the opposite with Witney with I think two of the judges saying choreo was too hard. Even the intro video of Witney having to leave the room because Chris could not get the counting. Geez ... she is supposed to be the TEACHER. Someone like Kym or Ana (who I realize has not been on since having a baby) would have handled that so much better. I was glad to see sweaty Chris hold it together as I can recall Jake P just being a total a$$ with his instructor.  

But, if you watched the AfterBuzz ... surprise, surprise ... Chris was very eloquent and humble on what he needed to do to improve. He seemed really committed to getting better so let's hope next week he gets some 7's. I think they gave him the low marks as a wake up call to Witney ... knock her off her pedestal a bit ... because they knew that CHris had the fan votes.

ETA: Yikes! Carrie Ann really did not mince words. giggling
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:18 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't care if Derek is a draw. There have been other dancers who have a lot of fans but have had older or less athletic celebrities. I also don't like that he thinks he can get away with things like lifts and not sticking with the theme. I've always said he's their golden child and mostly treat him that way. I know they don't care about fairness but sometimes they go too far like the time a dancer/choreographer won the season (Nicole Sherzinger). Both are reasons why I seldom watch the show anymore.

Derek is an amazing talent but IMO he clearly should not be competing anymore on DWTS. ABC should give him another role ... like what Tim Gunn is to Project Runway. He could be the mentor and coach to all of the couples and help with choreography.

It would be just silly for him to win another mirror ball ... the guy has won an Emmy award. Plus as someone noted up thread, it is totally unfair to have his sister judging him. Beyond the fact that they are related, she also benefits from his success. Weren't the two of them on the road not too long ago performing together?

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:47 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't care if Derek is a draw. There have been other dancers who have a lot of fans but have had older or less athletic celebrities. I also don't like that he thinks he can get away with things like lifts and not sticking with the theme. I've always said he's their golden child and mostly treat him that way. I know they don't care about fairness but sometimes they go too far like the time a dancer/choreographer won the season (Nicole Sherzinger). Both are reasons why I seldom watch the show anymore.

Personally, I think the reason he gets good partners is simply that good partners ask for him. Think about it, if you wanted to win and thought you had a chance at it, who would you ask for? They want their stars to be happy about their pro assignments. Nastia was thrilled to get Derek, even if she had assumed he wasn't doing the show and wouldn't be an option.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:02 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:

Personally, I think the reason he gets good partners is simply that good partners ask for him. Think about it, if you wanted to win and thought you had a chance at it, who would you ask for? They want their stars to be happy about their pro assignments. Nastia was thrilled to get Derek, even if she had assumed he wasn't doing the show and wouldn't be an option.

I'm sure some of the not so great dancing celebrities would also love to have him as their partner. I'm not buying that the ones they paired him with each season were the only ones to ask for him. They pair people for physical reasons like height so I'm sure they could just say no if they wanted to which they clearly don't. Maybe he has it in his contract? question

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 44 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers