SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 20 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by lurker11 Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:15 pm

They also have a formula that works great for them. Usually: Tony gets the older women, Emma gets the older guys with heart, maks got the sassy women, mark gets the conservative or young girls. It's a tv show. They know what personality pairs work with voters
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by Linds911 Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:19 pm

The dances seem way shorter this season! The first few dances I was all "That's it?" They didn't even give Chris tips on how to do better. Just lashed out at Witney for the choreography. Thought for sure Charlotte was going to leave. Weird how Emma went farther with the older guys Suspect

MVM- yes Derek and Julianne had a fall/winter dance tour "Move" and will be continuing it in the summer.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 1f49c

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 8367-910 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 I_got_13 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Witney actually DID change the choreo a bit from what it originally was. I think she needs to tone down the choreo, but her teaching methods are more than fine. Some people just don't understand...and no matter what is shown/said, they won't comprehend. Chris falls in that category.

I watched their live rehearsals today, and Chris is doing pretty okay with the Argentine Tango so far. He seems to be able to lift her quite well.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:16 pm

I think they should have like 10 lifts, so he doesn't have to move his feet much. He's got the strength, but boy, is he thick when it comes to moving his feet.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:35 pm

eversotrue wrote:Witney actually DID change the choreo a bit from what it originally was. I think she needs to tone down the choreo, but her teaching methods are more than fine. Some people just don't understand...and no matter what is shown/said, they won't comprehend. Chris falls in that category.

I watched their live rehearsals today, and Chris is doing pretty okay with the Argentine Tango so far. He seems to be able to lift her quite well.

I watched their rehearsals too, but there was no sound.  Still it was apparent to me what Witney was trying to get Chris to do just with her body language.  What ever mental block/frustration he may have about last night, he is going to have to let it go to focus on this dance routine.  They were making progress in the short time I watched.  

I am a fan of DWTS over Bachelor and Witney is one of my fav dancers.  After winning last season, I would like to see her go at least mid-way this season.  Hope Chris can iprove for next week.  Tango is going to be a challenge.
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by tennischick80 Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Do the professionals get paid (or a bonus) for how far they go in the competition with their partners/students?
tennischick80
tennischick80

Female Posts : 896

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesky Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 pm

Chris seemed to be doing good in practice today, especially since it was his first day to practice tango. It's a awesome dance and I think he will really like it once he learns the steps.

Bluesky

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Lucas15 wrote: snipped
IMO they are first and foremost TV shows that seek to draw viewers and the actual fairness of the dance competition takes a back seat. In the case of SYTYCD if the producer liked you and you brought in viewers - you stayed around.

Totally agree with this post. The show guides the viewers to the finale they want. The most level playing field is night one; once the votes are in, they set in motion the rest of the season. The difference between Chris and Charlotte has me thinking he might leave next: two guys with big fan followings get axed early underlining the importance of voting.

MVMom39forever wrote: snipped
It would be just silly for [Derek] to win another mirror ball ... the guy has won an Emmy.

To his credit, he has become a cornerstone of the production, and I imagine that the show is concerned that losing him would sacrifice ratings and viewership. Maybe this season truly is his last and that's the reason that they made the MBT gold. I thought that they might test out Val's ability to carry the show this season but Derek returned. I agree that it's his time to move on and let the younger set shine.

tennischick80 wrote:Do the professionals get paid (or a bonus) for how far they go in the competition with their partners/students?

This article's a bit old: http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/how-much-do-the-dancing-with-the-stars-pros-make

Last I heard, the pros made anywhere from $1000 per week to $8000. If they make it to the finals, it's a pretty nice paycheck.

Last edited by veg_out on Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:27 pm

mindless wrote:I think they should have like 10 lifts, so he doesn't have to move his feet much. He's got the strength, but boy, is he thick when it comes to moving his feet.
It would be the best thing to do...but they cant. Too many lifts and little dancing on his part would get them called out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 pm

MiniDiva wrote:
eversotrue wrote:Witney actually DID change the choreo a bit from what it originally was. I think she needs to tone down the choreo, but her teaching methods are more than fine. Some people just don't understand...and no matter what is shown/said, they won't comprehend. Chris falls in that category.

I watched their rehearsals too, but there was no sound.  Still it was apparent to me what Witney was trying to get Chris to do just with her body language.  What ever mental block/frustration he may have about last night, he is going to have to let it go to focus on this dance routine.  They were making progress in the short time I watched.  

I am a fan of DWTS over Bachelor and Witney is one of my fav dancers.  After winning last season, I would like to see her go at least mid-way this season.  Hope Chris can iprove for next week.  Tango is going to be a challenge.
Witney looked to be trying to explain through body language and words. She seems to have been trying different approaches. But again, if someone doesn't understand...they just dont understand. It's a mental connection that has to be made. Chris has said that the comments and low scores have made him want to work ten times harder and even practice on his own time. I think he now realizes his head and heart has to be in the competition fully for this to work. Their practice today looked pretty good actually for it being the first hour of the first day. I'm hopeful that things will look much better next week in terms of technicality, execution, performance ability, etc. I too hope they last at least mid way through the competition. I really want to see them for Disney Week!!

Back to top Go down

Post by hmbach Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Watching the all access and it's so striking the difference between Vals teaching style and Witneys. I would love to have seen Maks teaching, but don't recall them having these live streams when he was dancing.

hmbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:31 pm

This is the first season they've had the live rehearsals. Very fun to watch.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 1f49c

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 8367-910 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 I_got_13 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 E5kqdm15 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 20 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11981

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 70 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers