SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Page 24 of 70 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 47 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 24 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by yrkiemommy Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:30 pm

Well darn, they were talking to Chris and Whitney in the sky box. Did anyone catch that segment?  I think it's online or does anyone know whether they post those later for viewing?

Last edited by yrkiemommy on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
yrkiemommy
yrkiemommy

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 24 Empty Re: DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

Post by mindless Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Whitney recognised his bum. Chris recognised Rumer's. giggling
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by kikora Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:43 pm

cindebugg wrote:I thought Chris was looking better today.   Witney told one of the interviewers that they couldn't hear the music Monday night because the crowd was so loud.   It's no wonder Chris was off.

Where they tape DWTS is SO different than it seems on TV.

The room is really shockingly small (smaller than the Idol stage set, even, it seems - they share one building on the CBS lot) compared to how it seems when you watch the show, and the dancing floor is even smaller than you'd think.

The acoustics do seem better on TV than they are in there (though that's true on Idol also - and on Idol it's even more strange since some who sound horribly out of tune in person end up sounding decent, at least on TV, and at times, vice versa). It is a very loud room and if it's a performance where they have the actual artist there doing the song (seems less common now though) it's even worse because most of the time they try to fill the audience with fans of the artist, at least during the actual live show.

I can't remember who it was the last time I was there (not Ed Sheeran, but someone like him) but the email offering tickets basically promo'd the artist more than actually going to the DWTS taping, and that was pretty evident during both the rehearsal and the live show. Far less watching of the dancing / engaging in the performances until it got to the one with the artist (and it wasn't even a great pro/star that actual fans of the star...or DWTS in general, really...were very interested in).

That means that while you might have diehard DWTS fans there at the rehearsal/run through, they save the most fan-girl-esque sorts and the most dressed up sorts to stay for the live show, knowing the fan-girl-esque ones will be loud/over the top. And with how many of the relatives/friends of the "stars" who have reserved seats held by "seat fillers" during the dress rehearsal, meaning those audience members get replaced for the actual live show, the percentage of 'screamers' for the live show is nuts during some of those weeks! LOL.

While it's similar to Idol, in some respects, in terms of how it's taped with the rehearsal / live show, DTWS they try to keep a different atmosphere and that seems to impact transitions in/out of dances and commercials more than on Idol. So I can see how between the noise and the rush in transitions and stuff it could mess with hearing the start of the music or something, especially if it's one that has an unusual start (in relation to the room set-up / band / etc).

Anyway, it's a really unusual dynamic, especially some weeks, and so different compared to how it comes across on TV!

kikora

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 pm

I watched the live rehearsal and could definitely see improvement in Chris tonight from the way he was in the rehearsal.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:00 pm

That's what Charlotte gets for being on her phone. Sad for him.

Close call Chris and Witney.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 pm

The three couples out there at the end aren't necessarily the lowest scoring couples though are they?

Last edited by Rolly on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by lurker11 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 pm

Nope, they say "while not necessarily the bottom two" if the other person standing there wasn't the second lowest.  There were times last season they said "this is the bottom two" so you really have to listen.  It was obvious last season when they did two eliminations on one week based off the same voting pool (one on a Monday and the second on the results show on Tuesday) and the person eliminated on Tuesday wasn't the other person on Monday. Chris is probably doing just fine with viewer votes so he wasn't in the bottom at all.

Last edited by lurker11 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
lurker11
lurker11

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Charlotte deserved to go. I watched some of her rehearsal and she couldn't have been less enthusiastic.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:08 pm

What Noah does every week amazes me. I know Noah/Sharna won't win, but he has my utmost respect and Sharna has again proven how awesome her choreography is.

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 24 87b72b10 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 24 86669110 DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 24 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by SafronSahara Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:19 pm

When Bruno insulted Charlotte's intelligence... I wasn't shocked by it. He has a history of making uncalled for comments.

Nastia is not doing it for me. Stop rewarding Derek's choreography with high scores Nastia doesn't deserve. She doesn't execute the choreography well.

Big ups to Riker and Allison for topping the leaderboard (even though Nastia & Derek are there too hmmm )
SafronSahara
SafronSahara

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 pm

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*  - Page 24 CBZBCJOU0AA-Pqa
#TeamTwosCompany ‏[ltr]@TeamTwosCompany[/ltr] 
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:45 pm

umngirl wrote:What Noah does every week amazes me. I know Noah/Sharna won't win, but he has my utmost respect and Sharna has again proven how awesome her choreography is.
Yep, beautiful couple and beautiful choreography to make her partner look as good as he possibly can. Great job Sharna! Great job Noah!
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 70 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 47 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 20 - Episode Discussion - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*

+76
onlyme
LindaPete
Ayana
nannymargie
Jeepers