SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sherrie714 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Hmm good question... also that why I was wondering what the card said also. She didnt catch him in bed or even with a girl from what she said. She just found a card, so really how does she know what he supposedly told this girl. She said he was trying to work it out with some other girl ? ?

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sherrie714 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Hmm good question... also that why I was wondering what the card said also. She didnt catch him in bed or even with a girl from what she said. She just found a card, so really how does she know what he supposedly told this girl. She said he was trying to work it out with some other girl ? ?

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by anOldBMW Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:02 pm

CynicalSofty wrote:Because we have these "experts" front and center, it's easy to forget that they are actually just a part of the cast. As much as I LOATHE them right now, I have to admit, I really don't know how big a part they're really allowed to play.

It's not like the 4 of them met at some conference, got to chatting over drinks, and then *BAM* the idea for a show was born.
Rather they were either sought out by season 1's casting directors (interesting to note that the credited head of casting was different for season 2) -- OR, more likely, they actually AUDITIONED, themselves. Like - "got a call from THEIR agent/grabbed their own stapled headshot and resume/hauled azz to a nondescript building where they sat in a lobby 'red leather yellow leather'ing, surrounded by all the other 'experts' who they eventually beat out for the ROLE" - auditioned.

I've been a fan of Dr. Pepper, but it's pretty clear from IMDB that both she and Logan have been trying to get their TV careers off the ground for YEARS. As have Greg and Dr. Cilona (read his ridiculously inflated bio without laughing: I dare you cantstopl ), they've just been less successful at it until now.

(Un?)Realistically, they probably have about as much to do with casting the couple as you or I do. Which sucks - because with season 1, it really SEEMED like they were in charge.

But MAYBE season 1 was just a happy fluke.
Casting could've easily matched Doug and Jamie because 'she's a princess type' who WOULD be HORRIFIED that he's not 'Prince Charming' (at first sight). I.e. He normally hides most of his moles/whatever with a really cute stubble - gonna guess some field producer told him there was a technical reason he had to shave it off for the day.
So what if casting didn't realize that Doug really was JUST THAT GREAT a person.
Then (and I"ll give the "experts" this) maybe these "experts" do have some actual knowledge and can be of actual help ONCE they're let into the process.
And maybe Doug is just extremely kind/patient, Jamie actually deep down DOES want help, and the "experts" - once allowed in - were able to give her the guidance she needed.

Plus - I've always thought Jamie was helped along by the fact that Doug gained a massive (massive for a new cable show, I know, but still) fan base like IMMEDIATELY. Less than 4 months from their wedding, and the whole world (at least the world she's paying attention to) is raving about what a great/hot/funny guy she has. That alone would've made her more infatuated with him.

I guess I'm thinking that Maybe they DIDN'T ruin season 2 by taking it in a different direction (rushed/scripted/etc.) because MAYBE season 1 was run/produced the exact same way!

MAYBE they never thought Doug/Jamie would be a good match - and were actually hoping for a dramatic explosion (a la the DeNino's). They just didn't count on him being that great/her being that malleable/etc... but they are, and they worked!, even though they weren't supposed to.

All in all, I'm taking the responsibility for this madness off the "experts" (or should I just say "cast"), and placing it squarely on the shoulder's of the (nameless, faceless - how nice for them) PRODUCERS. And I'm thinking they were probably planning to make trainwreck tv from day one.

ITA with you, more so the bolded section. While these experts are for sure eyeing a lucrative TV career ala Dr. Drew or many others, they were just a big part of the casting and we don't know truly how much of pairing they own. In any case, this was a disaster, though it may have been a ratings success.

anOldBMW

Back to top Go down

Post by sherrie714 Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:19 pm

As far as the experts go, one admitted that they did not see it until they watched it like the viewing public. Although they were called in, I dont think they knew the whole situation was that bad. Im surprised that the producers or cameramen or someone didnt say something though.

sherrie714

Back to top Go down

Post by nan27 Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:19 pm

BusyLizzie wrote:I've worked with too many abused victims, so I think I'm extra sensitive about how an alleged victim is treated, and described. Seen too much up close. I too think Jessica is a girl from 'the hood' for a lack of a better term...and her reactions to him cheating by smashing the watch wasn't good, but then again, I've known some pretty wealthy individuals that smashing a watch would have been the least of what they would have done.  Not making it right, just saying that when cheating is involved, emotions get the better of people.  I think the card was found in the apartment they shared. It wasn't really clear.
She said after the 6-week point, he told her that he needed a break from her and he went back to his own apartment. Jessica also said that when she asked him about Valentine's Day, he said that he was busy. Then, she found the card which was dated 2-14-2015. That's why I assumed that it was in his apartment. I doubt very seriously that they kept that apartment that the show was paying for.

I could be totally wrong about everything. My husband can confirm that fact! He says that I love to speculate!! Hugesmile

JUST MY OPINION, FOLKS!! handwave
nan27
nan27

Female Posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by BusyLizzie Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Your right.. I'm not sure. I wonder when it was they stopped using the apartment. Could they have given each other a key, like Davina, and Sean did? I don't know. For some reason I was thinking they were still using the apartment. Wish we could ask her a bunch of questions, and actually get some answers back from her, I have so many.. :-)

BusyLizzie

Back to top Go down

Post by lexyterzo Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:54 pm

I have a suspicion that the way the show works is that FYI covers the wedding, honeymoon, joint apartment, utilities, date nights/meals during filming, and basically anything that is needed for production during the 6 week experiment. Once it ends, I suspect the couples that stay married are then in charge of paying for the apartment, food, etc. and the couples that choose divorce move out right away because the show stops paying for those apartments. I think the couples that stay married have motivation to do so because they have a the expectation of earning income from talk show appearances, magazine interviews, spin off shows, and when they promote the network via social media or come back on to give their input on the next season's couples.

lexyterzo

Back to top Go down

single - Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Ryan's threats re Jess- THEN HUGGING?????

Post by aglaea Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:05 am

Can anyone shed light on why Kevin Frazier would have asked Ryan and Jessica to hug at the end of the 6 month special, if the show was aware that Ryan had threatened Jess's life??? In most of the articles I read they state that Ryan's threats were actually heard on microphone at the 6 Month Special? If so, asking her to accept physical contact from him is horrifying and should have been stopped.

aglaea

Back to top Go down

Post by sounproductive Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:35 am

You know, one look at Ryan's IG account pretty much tells you the kind of guy you can expect to get: https://instagram.com/p/M9TLYfHeMn/?taken-by=thatkidnino, https://instagram.com/p/R8xt9qneF3/?taken-by=thatkidnino

But Jess isn't much better: http://derickg.com/2010/08/stills-from-the-photoshoot-with-ms-castro/

Surprised no one else has mentioned that Ryan was *trashy* back in the day too: https://myspace.com/174020617/mixes/classic-my-photos-373017/photo/100189618 unless that's just a weird reflection looking like an eyebrow ring...

sounproductive

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:21 am

I'm not sure who you mean by "no one" soundproductive, but there were a lot of discussions here with regards to both Ryan and Jessica's past SM pics.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:33 am

aglaea wrote:Can anyone shed light on why Kevin Frazier would have asked Ryan and Jessica to hug at the end of the 6 month special, if the show was aware that Ryan had threatened Jess's life??? In most of the articles I read they state that Ryan's threats were actually heard on microphone at the 6 Month Special? If so, asking her to accept physical contact from him is horrifying and should have been stopped.

Simply put, Production. They do not care as long as they get their "show".
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 am

aglaea wrote:Can anyone shed light on why Kevin Frazier would have asked Ryan and Jessica to hug at the end of the 6 month special, if the show was aware that Ryan had threatened Jess's life??? In most of the articles I read they state that Ryan's threats were actually heard on microphone at the 6 Month Special? If so, asking her to accept physical contact from him is horrifying and should have been stopped.

Kevin was on the "soundset" ...where they were filming. I doubt that the cameramen, helpers etc rushed in to report what Ryan D had said.
I don't think he knew JMO of course
stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+86
CynicalSofty
momof2dogs
makeupchick85
KallMeKaptious
TwinkleB13