SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 66 of 78 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 66 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by janelise Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:29 pm

WOW, just WOW! If I were one of the girls, I would absolutely sue everyone involved. I feel like suing just as a viewer! Ryan R is an idiot if this is true; it will ruin his career. Poor Jaclyn!

janelise

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 66 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by crazychicken Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm

Love your post Truelyatfirstsight misogyny is alive and well in the world and some of the biggest culprits are other woman. It is amazing to me that a strong man is ideal and something to aspire to but a strong woman is an irrational ball buster and must hate men.

I do not agree with some of Davina's behaviour but remaining firm on her deal breaker and knowing what she needs is not a character flaw.

crazychicken

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerseynurse Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:45 pm

trulyatfirstsight wrote:Hi. New here but a lurker (sounds sinister laugh out loud!). Have watched both seasons. Preface this by saying that my husband and I met and married under circumstances not dissimilar to this - without going into too much detail I'll say we are well into our second decade together - what interests me most about this show is the way in which it removes physical attraction as a key element of early partnering. I think thats actually very important - its something we women can learn from. Who he is - infinitely more important than what he looks like. So I like and am intrigued by that aspect.

My opinions only:

Now this bloody show! I want to say that I have qualifications equal to that of the experts - and from university's that are much more highly regarded and legitimate than that of Dr C (for profit degree mill). I am saying this because I am personally offended by these so called professionals. Their conduct is shameful and makes a joke of the various disciplines and fields they claim to represent. Honestly, they should be ashamed of themselves. Please do not think that they are at all representative. No single professional is infallible - and the lack of reflective practice here is quite shocking. It seems very clear to me from even the most cursory look at Dr Logans twitter that one of two things has happened - they were either snowed by these men (which I don't believe) and are in damage control mode - not admitting it to try to salvage their professional reputations OR (more likely) they did not exercise even the most basic due diligence and professional responsibility. For all of her claims to being an ally to LGBT people and anti-bullying there seems to have been a complete lack of care for these women - if the production personnel and nursing personnel posting here are to be believed (and I do, it rings true to me). What about her and the other professionals responsibilities to protect these women from abuse, danger? Where is the due diligence? I can not look at her twitter any longer - in the end its a lot of performance and posturing as far as I can tell (not to mention that she is clearly a paid shill for numerous big pharma companies - don't even get me started on the politics of that).

My opinion when watching this show was "Is this the best they can do?!" re the men. Not a one of them rang true to me. On the contrary I believed the women. Something was off about every single one of the men - most obviously Sean. De Nino was completely abusive and the other Ry disingenuous (the family IMHO were a big red-herring - he leveraged his commitment to them as an excuse to run). Most of all I feel for Davina - I could NEVER get my head around the fact that she took so much hate for setting a bottom line and sticking to it. This says a lot about how we view women in this society - women simply are supposed to be the ones to sacrifice. They're not supposed to advocate for themselves clearly. A relationship is NOT 50/50 on every single issue. Over the relationship as a whole - possibly - but on each issue? Are people for real?! I in fact moved to make it work with my husband - and I moved FAR. But you can bet your azz I held my ground on other issues - and I held firm and we worked it out. I smh at the ridiculous load of crap she has had to weather. And I call it out for what it is - women-hating crap (and thats true whether it comes from men or women). Women everywhere can take something from her - stand by what you need for yourself - dont bloody apologise for it - its not for anyone else to say what your deal-breakers are. It amazes me that folks think they get to have a say in what works for her life. Would they rather she gave on it and got bitter later? Either way she's a bitch right? Villain edit indeed. I am not a litigious person by nature but I hope these women SUE SUE SUE. And in the sueing I hope these professionals have to account for their irresponsibility, posturing and hubris. Someone needs to write legit journalistic expose on this entire matter.

Really grateful to the whiste-blowers (laugh out loud) / people in the know for coming forward and shining a light.

OUT!

WELCOME TO THE BOARD TRULYATFIRSTSIGHT! Welcomeparty!

Jerseynurse
Jerseynurse

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:59 pm

trulyatfirstsight welcomeyall and thanks for sharing and great post by the way!! yes

One thing about this show, this season might have been a disaster but it sure did bring in a lot of Great new posters and for that thanks! to all of you for your very insightful posts!!!  yes  :claphands

That for me is why I LOVE this board!!! It diversifies across so many levels!!!! bowdown goteam

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 66 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Just chiming in with my thanks for all the new insight. I 100 percent believe it and am not surprised by any of it. Ryan D seriously had the sketchiest looking group of friends, violent outbursts and was just all over the place all the time.

I'll comment on mama's boy Ryan in his own thread.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Tori68 Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 pm

I feel so bad for Jessica. She was my favorite and I was really rooting for things to somehow work out for her and Ryan. She's a beautiful young girl though (love how she's never afraid to eat!) and I'm sure some good guy will come along and snap her up.

I'll definitely watch again next season though. This is the one reality show my husband will sit and watch with me, it always brings up good topics for conversation. It's sad that the girls were duped like this because the shows concept is a very good one but only if they stick true to it.

Tori68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Thx for the welcomes : )

crazychicken - I do agree with you regarding to some of the behavior that Davina has facilitated. I'm not okay with that. I'm a parent of an lgbt kid and politically active in this area : ) But I also want to say that lgbt folks that are in the closet are accountable for their behavior when such behavior hurts others (albeit within the context of rabid homophobia). I am not saying that is the case here with Sean. I'm just saying that no one gets a pass. No one. You gotta cop to your bullcrap. I can see a scenario re Sean being bullied as a child on this issue, and depending on his family of origin dynamic also, that could go a long long way in explaining why he or anyone in that situation would go out of their way to project a hetero image. One doth protest too much (The ladies man image is not inconsistent with a traumatized and deeply closeted queer man). Is completely logical in my world. Again - I speculate only with regard to him - and if it is so I have empathy for it. But that would not foreclose me from empathizing deeply with the injury to Davina in being thusly paired. Those things can co-exist.

Not saying that you were saying any of this of course. Just waxing lyrical. Lol. In actuality - I found it disturbing that Levkoff came out so heavily in support of Sean to the apparent exclusion of supporting Davina who I understand was also threatened with r*pe. Nuance, people. I would have thought it fairly easy to take a more complex view of these relations rather than being so single issue focused. I think there is the potential to argue that a bit of bias (and self-preservation) is at play here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:21 pm

Oh sorry - this should be in the D and S thread - I just realized. Apologies.

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:58 pm

I noticed he rubbed his nose and sniffed quite a bit on film. I totally believe it.

Married At First Sight -  Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 66 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by razielle Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:05 pm

bleuberry, I adore your profile pic! so fun!

razielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Raingirl Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Trulyatfirstsight....great post! I agree totally. I posted in another thread that I hope these women sue everyone responsible for this wretched mess and for putting them in harms way. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for them to find a good attorney and I hope they do. The fact that at least 2 of the 3 women have been threatened makes me angry. I work in technology so I know first hand how much misogyny still exists but the amount of hate and other nonsense directed at these women surprises even me.

Raingirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shellnz4 Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:22 pm

First time posting here. Actually just found this through a link that someone put up. I was the first person who commented on the drug accusations towards RD on Jess's IG account. When no one answered I looked through RD's pics and sure enough this guy who was making the accusations was in a lot of his pictures I think it was roughly 2 years ago. At that point I knew that had to be more to the story. I said to my BF he looks high really high. I'm in the medical industry and to me he looked just like some of my patients. I find it so sad as I thought Jackyn was just a firecracker and I loved that about her. And Jess...don't get me started on the abuse she endured. It was disgusting to watch. I'm just so glad there's others that saw this. Looking at FB I was starting to think I was the one over reacting. That you all for all your posts!!!

Shellnz4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 78 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 72 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Ryan DeNino - Jessica Castro - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+102
Gentleman
Kiki_P
cecig75
Susan Ashley
soccermomx2
FamilyFirst1987
ladiiec
Amo630
sherrie714
joshfan
sunchick116