SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Page 67 of 73 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by mindless Sat May 30, 2015 8:19 pm

This was one of the few couples out of this franchise I never had any hopes for, so can't say I'm surprised. I never saw Chris in love with Whitney, so it was doomed from the start IMO. I do still think he should've gone for Becca. Yeah, they would probably be broken up by now as well, but I just think it would've been better for everyone. The relationship would've been based on actual romantic feelings (on his part anyway), Whitney wouldn't have been led on, his family wouldn't have been led on and he would've gotten Becca out of his system. Now he'll probably be thinking "what if" for a while. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Becca with Chris and clearly that ship sailed as soon as he picked Whitney. I simply think that relationship was more real than anything he had with Whit and I like some reality in my reality TV. I actually hope this whole engagement was a setup from the start to guarantee a "happy" ending. Would make more sense and Chris wouldn't have been using Whitney one-sidedly.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 67 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by AllAboutLove Sat May 30, 2015 8:54 pm

^ Good post mindless yes Especially the part about it being a setup from the getgo.

I think I've come to the conclusion that it's easier to watch this show as if it is all setup from the start with a story to be told on screen (one which may or may not become real off-screen).

Reality TV seems to be like anything else: even though the contestants/lead may not have scripted lines to memorize and may not be official actors, it makes more sense to me to think of everyone on this show as 'actors' who may or may not truly fall in love with each other while on set. No different from any other 'show', I guess.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Sat May 30, 2015 8:59 pm

mindless wrote:This was one of the few couples out of this franchise I never had any hopes for, so can't say I'm surprised. I never saw Chris in love with Whitney, so it was doomed from the start IMO. I do still think he should've gone for Becca. Yeah, they would probably be broken up by now as well, but I just think it would've been better for everyone. The relationship would've been based on actual romantic feelings (on his part anyway), Whitney wouldn't have been led on, his family wouldn't have been led on and he would've gotten Becca out of his system. Now he'll probably be thinking "what if" for a while. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Becca with Chris and clearly that ship sailed as soon as he picked Whitney. I simply think that relationship was more real than anything he had with Whit and I like some reality in my reality TV. I actually hope this whole engagement was a setup from the start to guarantee a "happy" ending. Would make more sense and Chris wouldn't have been using Whitney one-sidedly.    

I'm also one of those who didn't see their romantic connection so I always believed from the get go they wouldn't last.  I was hoping to be proven wrong but body language doesn't lie. I wish them the best and hoping that they each will find a special someone.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by kdawng Sat May 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Chris's sisters seemed pretty on board with Whitney - Wonder what really went on behind the scenes?

kdawng

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi27 Sat May 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Could it be possible that Chris approached tptb and told them he wanted to break up with Whitney? They didn't want that to happen because it was too close to Andi/Josh breakup, so they asked Chris to please carry on the engagement to the six months mark. Of course, there would be a reward from them for doing so. I always felt he was biding his time until the 6 month mark.
Chris' appalling behavior on the DWTS after party video is heartbreaking to watch. His treatment of Whitney was beyond rude and downright disrespectful. He never even made eye contact with her! It was obvious he had more feelings for Witney than his own fiancée, but imo he's in love with himself. Sickening.

Mimi27
Mimi27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 11:09 pm

I honestly think it was as simple as he was going to be on DWTS and knew that if he dumped Whitney before/during, he would never get the votes he needed and the show would have constantly questioned him about what happened. I think Chris knew by the time of the ATFR that they were never going to get married. In fact, I think he probably knew that when he proposed to her, judging from its lack of emotion and romanticism. He was more emotional about getting off DWTS than he was proposing to the supposed love of his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdawng Sat May 30, 2015 11:30 pm

You can Chris is an emotional guy but Whitney brought out no emotion in him. He got emotional talking about his ex-fiancée on a DWTS intro. He knew he would never marry Whitney.

kdawng

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat May 30, 2015 11:45 pm

If he hadn't picked her, I think she would've been their first choice for bachelorette.  What a waste.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 12:36 am

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Whitney was the next bachelorette.
I suspect she was enticed to play a "happy ending" role in exchange of a bachelorette gig possibility. All gains for Chris, Whitney and the production. All parties get something in their favor : Chris has TV exposure via Bach and DWTS (and maybe others), Whit has media exposure, publicity for her clinic and maybe bachelorette gig, the production has the engagement ending they want.
Whitney would only get a bachelorette offer if the viewers wish it though. It would depend on her popularity.

Anyway, if she happened to become the next bachelorette, for me it would definitely be proof that Chris season was planned/arranged from the get go.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Sun May 31, 2015 12:47 am

Like mindless I never had high hopes for them as a couple. I was someone who though thought whitney was the one he should choose because she was the best fit for him based on what he said he wanted but as the season went on, I started hoping she didn't accept. I don't particularly dislike him or anything but I do love whitney and I think she can do way better than him. Also I still think it's WAY too early for anyone to be in any SERIOUS contention to be the next b'ette.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 12:55 am

If he let Whitney go as F3, she would have been the Bachelorette, IMO.
But I think Whit is always the first choice by the producer, if he didn't connect with anyone else, then encourage him pick Whit and a proposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2015 1:30 am

ReneeM wrote:Like mindless I never had high hopes for them as a couple. I was someone who though thought whitney was the one he should choose because she was the best fit for him based on what he said he wanted but as the season went on, I started hoping she didn't accept. I don't  particularly dislike him or anything but I do love whitney and I think she can do way better than him. Also I still think it's WAY too early for anyone to be in any SERIOUS contention to be the next b'ette.

When producers set their mind on a candidate, it can be very early on...
They wanted Emily Maynard as bachelorette as soon as she stepped foot in the Bachelor (Brad season).
And they waited until the next Bach to announce her season...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 73 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

+83
kdawng
ReneeM
CHO
timfan
mprssdbyu