SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Page 72 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 72 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by Chrisbecca Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:16 pm

ONE ON ONE DATE/CRASHING THE WEDDING

When Whitney says to Chris, as they watch the wedding being set up, "It looks like a wedding. Wanna crash it?" She said this like it was some spontaneous idea of hers.

Crashing that wedding was planned in advance of the show. The bride said the producers contacted her about it beforehand. They stalked her on Facebook as she put it.

Whitney either knew that she was going on that date all along or the producers told her what to do prior to the date beginning. Either way...it was a lie. It was not spontaneous, it was planned.

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 72 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:30 pm

^^Don't forget the fakery of Chris saying in an ITM that he'd love to find a woman who can be spontaneous, then lo and behold that wedding scene unfolds. It made me laugh out loud when it aired.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:31 pm

All dates are planned well in advance.  Yes, I think they gave her some advanced warning.  But I don't know that I consider it a lie, we don't know how much or little she was told.  It was producer manipulation and  manufactured for the show, yes.  If it was a lie, then they all are, and I guess to some extent they are... Or at least maybe between what actually happened during filming and the edited version we are shown.  I don't necessarily think that date was any more or less set up, manipulated, and for show than others every season are.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Not when the date is sold as the one that "sealed the deal"...

Some viewers thought that it's thanks to this date that Chris fell in love with Whitney. How genuine can it be when to start with the date was planned and played ?

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 pm

^ Thats basically all of the success stories to an extent, they all started out that way. Their first meetings, first dates, and engagements were planned and played out for our entertainment. But once in a while it works.

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 72 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:52 pm

Planned as organized, scheduled, yes it can work.
Planned as set up, faked, it's not genuine and the break up is also part of the plan and thus expected.

Back to top Go down

Post by leselihau Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 am

There is not much "real" in reality television.

leselihau

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:15 pm

sde1041 wrote:Not when the date is sold as the one that "sealed the deal"...

Some viewers thought that it's thanks to this date that Chris fell in love with Whitney. How genuine can it be when to start with the date was planned and played ?

I am one of the members who thought that I saw a different side to Chris during this date with Whitney. I was 100 percent unspoiled and after watching date, I came onto the spoiled side just to see if she was his final 1. I was not surprised to learn that she was.

That said, I never thought the date was spontaneous. Clearly, it had to be set up ahead of time with bride/groom.

However, the way that the date was shot, the cameras did not appear to be as intrusive as usual. Also, the bride/groom and their guests were not actors and were all strangers to Chris & Whitney. So it still put Whitney in a situation where she had to work the room and chat up guests, which she was easily able to do.

I stand by thinking that Chris seemed completely relaxed and happy to let Whitney take the lead on the date. Maybe it was all alcohol-infused; maybe not. That last scene when they are dancing together, he seemed relieved and delighted to have someone of Whitney's caliber on his season. I can recall thinking, well, if he's looking for a strong woman to be his wife (and he grew up with 3 strong sisters and mother), she is perfect. And, if he's looking to be a public figure in farming, he needs someone capable of networking and she's perfect for that too.

So if I was a matchmaker, they seemed like a great fit for so many reasons which I think is what "sealed the deal" for fans of the couple. But, just because they look good on TV and on paper, clearly does not mean that will translate to real world. And, if he was not looking for a wife but really just a platform, well ... we could not foresee that either.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:44 am

MVMom great post. I still think Chris was/is looking for a wife and not a platform. I have been very critical of Chris lately but I don't think he would intentionally mislead Whit and make her look foolish to further himself and his ambitions. JMO

I thought the wedding crashing date was great and knew then she was F1. She brought out the best in him. TPTB setting the stage for that date just gave them an opportunity to get to know each other and have fun in a very unpredictable situation. They had a great time and both seemed smitten.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:47 am

He may have been looking for a wife but I did not see it with Whitney at all. I believe had everything he wanted if he had just taken the chance then things might be different now.

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:32 pm

reason wrote:He may have been looking for a wife but I did not see it with Whitney at all.  I believe had everything he wanted if he had just taken the chance then things might be different now.

If you are implying taken the chance with Becca, I guess we just need to agree to disagree ... even with that amazing picture of Nick staring me down.

I 100 percent think that sweet Becca is very happy to be a sun-kissed California girl and had no interest in being a farmer's wife. IMO she went on the show for all the right reasons and left in the best possible way: she kept a low profile, kept it classy all season long, made some great friends and hopefully booked some modeling gigs as a result. Her future is a lot brighter right where she is. yes
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:29 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2015/06/on-the-breakup-of-chris-and-whitney-4-reasons-why-bachelor-couples-rarely-work/
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

+83
kdawng
ReneeM
CHO
timfan
mprssdbyu