SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Page 71 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by umngirl Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:34 pm

My brother has met Chris before and it was at an agricultural event. He said Chris was well spoken and knew what he was talking about. I think he could stick to that realm and do just fine. His website gives vibes that he has bigger plans than just staying on the farm.

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 87b72b10 chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 86669110 chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 Empty Re: Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:IMO, when he was more relaxed and speaking about something he was passionate about or had genuine feelings on, he seemed to speak more elegantly and confidently.  It was only when he was unsure and/or thinking about the politically correct way and/or the more proper way to say something to avoid hurting feelings, etc., that he was such a mumbling, bumbling idiot.  

So, if he sticks with agricultural and draws off his education, life experiences, emotions of family and memories of the farm, he may actually be ok.  If he's got more political aspect in mind, well... I can't see him pulling that off, I see the mumbling, bumbling, uncomfortable guy appearing again.  And I can't see anyone wanting to listen to or vote for that, but thats JMHO.

Yep, I agree. I checked out his website and listened to his interviews re: farming (and football!). The website actually looks really professional and he is a fine spokesperson in this area (and I can see him getting better with training).

I think we all "get" that most leads step into the top role with a range of goals on their to-do list. While finding a wife/husband may not top the list, I sure hope it's somewhere on the list. And, maybe that's naïve of me. But, just looking at track record of past Bachelors who not only broke up rather quickly with their chosen one but are not married YEARS later, I honestly doubt whether finding a wife was even on the list.

If finding a wife was never Chris' intention as some are suggesting, my question is: did Whitney know that?

Watching Unreal I can totally see casting/handlers/producers choosing her (and filming her) as "the wife." Some people on this forum have said that she was all about winning. As a fan of Whitney, I always thought she was a smart woman who was careful about what she said so as not to get a bad edit or be portrayed in a bad light but just kept her focus on Chris.

Now I am curious to know more. Do folks think Whitney was picked by producers to win and she went along for the ride? Or did production just luck out with her and Whitney actually went on the show with "pure" intentions of meeting Chris since she had crushed on him all Bachelorette season. Anyone know??
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Reality Escape Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Trying to make a brand as an ag spokesman/broadcaster isn't so far-fetched. Remember one bachelor is now an ESPN sports broadcaster.- and he was a poor bachelor - plane tickets anyone? It's like any other job I suppose - if you can show you have some experience with cameras, et al that helps get a foot in the door.

Reality Escape

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrisbecca Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:49 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:IMO, when he was more relaxed and speaking about something he was passionate about or had genuine feelings on, he seemed to speak more elegantly and confidently.  It was only when he was unsure and/or thinking about the politically correct way and/or the more proper way to say something to avoid hurting feelings, etc., that he was such a mumbling, bumbling idiot.  

So, if he sticks with agricultural and draws off his education, life experiences, emotions of family and memories of the farm, he may actually be ok.  If he's got more political aspect in mind, well... I can't see him pulling that off, I see the mumbling, bumbling, uncomfortable guy appearing again.  And I can't see anyone wanting to listen to or vote for that, but thats JMHO.

Yep, I agree. I checked out his website and listened to his interviews re: farming (and football!). The website actually looks really professional and he is a fine spokesperson in this area (and I can see him getting better with training).

I think we all "get" that most leads step into the top role with a range of goals on their to-do list. While finding a wife/husband may not top the list, I sure hope it's somewhere on the list. And, maybe that's naïve of me. But, just looking at track record of past Bachelors who not only broke up rather quickly with their chosen one but are not married YEARS later, I honestly doubt whether finding a wife was even on the list.

If finding a wife was never Chris' intention as some are suggesting, my question is: did Whitney know that?

Watching Unreal I can totally see casting/handlers/producers choosing her (and filming her) as "the wife." Some people on this forum have said that she was all about winning. As a fan of Whitney, I always thought she was a smart woman who was careful about what she said so as not to get a bad edit or be portrayed in a bad light but just kept her focus on Chris.  

Now I am curious to know more. Do folks think Whitney was picked by producers to win and she went along for the ride? Or did production just luck out with her and Whitney actually went on the show with "pure" intentions of meeting Chris since she had crushed on him all Bachelorette season.  Anyone know??

I dont know if this is true, but i have heard a rumor Whitneys brother in law Matthew Stone also grew up and lived in Iowa, and he knows Chris from Chriss college years. And Whitney knew Chris before the show. Dont know if thats true, but my research into Matthew Stone shows he is older than Chris but they have lived close to one another in Iowa, in the past. He and Kimberly now live in North Carolina.

Chrisbecca

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Interesting that RS got a reader e-mail saying that they knew someone that lives in IA close to Chris and they had heard that Chris/Whitney broke up months ago. RS said that he had gotten multiple e-mails saying the same thing. I had actually heard the same from this other non-Bachelor/ette forum that I go to a week ago. I'm sure that we'll never get confirmation of this, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this were true. It would explain why Chris always seemed annoyed and almost burdened by having Whitney tag along in the DWTS pap videos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:59 pm

umngirl wrote:My brother has met Chris before and it was at an agricultural event. He said Chris was well spoken and knew what he was talking about. I think he could stick to that realm and do just fine. His website gives vibes that he has bigger plans than just staying on the farm.

That doesn't sound good at all....seems he only speaks well when he wants too. I wonder if anyone at all besides his family knows who Chris Soules really is? 
IMO, if he wanted exposure he is failing miserably. No one cares anymore that he's a farmer. There are farmers everywhere- I hope he didn't think it was something up and coming?  laugh out loud  Going on show called the Bachelor and DWTS didn't bring a bit of interest in Iowa farming. People just probably thought he was cute and sweet. That was the interest.
Now that the break up is done he seems to be trying to create this new 'wholesome family image' with all the family togetherness pics the last few days.
Now it seems he is designing watches or something? Really Chris? Go back to farming and talking about it to random people that don't know what it means. His 15 minutes were up about 10 minutes ago. handwave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:51 pm

Chrisbecca wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:

Now I am curious to know more. Do folks think Whitney was picked by producers to win and she went along for the ride? Or did production just luck out with her and Whitney actually went on the show with "pure" intentions of meeting Chris since she had crushed on him all Bachelorette season.  Anyone know??

I dont know if this is true, but i have heard a rumor Whitneys brother in law Matthew Stone also grew up and lived in Iowa, and he knows Chris from Chriss college years. And Whitney knew Chris before the show. Dont know if thats true, but my research into Matthew Stone shows he is older than Chris but they have lived close to one another in Iowa, in the past.  He and Kimberly now live in North Carolina.

I have read the same thing.
Chris and Whit knew each other before the show.
That would explain a lot and that's one of the reasons why I think the season was planned and staged...
Also I have never seen Chris looking in love with Whitney, so this confirmed my opinion about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 pm

^^^Thanks for scoop!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:58 pm

These theories come up every season and increase once the couple is broken up. In this day and age it wouldn't be terribly hard to connect Whit and Chris if they already knew each other before filming.

chris - Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2 - Page 71 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:06 pm

bleuberry wrote:These theories come up every season and increase once the couple is broken up. In this day and age it wouldn't be terribly hard to connect Whit and Chris if they already knew each other before filming.

I agree. And, it doesn't really fit in with Samantha saying that Whitney would journal everyday about who she thought was going home at the RCs and speculate about who would make it to F4/F3/etc. Why plot to win if she already had it in the bag?

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:36 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
bleuberry wrote:These theories come up every season and increase once the couple is broken up. In this day and age it wouldn't be terribly hard to connect Whit and Chris if they already knew each other before filming.

I agree. And, it doesn't really fit in with Samantha saying that Whitney would journal everyday about who she thought was going home at the RCs and speculate about who would make it to F4/F3/etc. Why plot to win if she already had it in the bag?

Yep, makes me wonder if Whitney was always Chris' fall back but she did not necessarily know that.

He sure seemed to give his other relationships a solid try but so many of them ... Britt, Jade, Kaitlyn and ultimately, Becca ... crashed, burned and just were never going to end with an engagement. And, two of those 4 were producer picks for next Bachelorette.

Whitney was his sure thing "wifey."

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:37 pm

chasingpavements wrote:

I beg to differ.
Except for Andi season, I had never heard of contestants knowing each other before filming. As for Andi and Josh, it would make sense since they lived in the same city.
Whitney writing in a journal could have other explanations than strategizing ; anyway I don't even know how this would help to have a log of who leaves and when.

But Whitney as a backup option in case of no proposal makes total sense in my mind for a season where they wouldn't like to repeat a JuanPa fiasco...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 71 of 73 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules & Whitney Bischoff - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #2

+83
kdawng
ReneeM
CHO
timfan
mprssdbyu