SELECT CONTENT

Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Page 47 of 78 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 62 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 Empty Re: Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 am

Not too long before Art's fight! I changed my avi for him... I hope he doesn't get hurt!
Art is definitely in another league when it comes to fitness though.
This is professional athlete level of competitiveness.

Burger King Fight for Life, on Saturday 5th December, will see a line-up of sporting legends and celebrities clashing for your entertainment and a great cause, Hospice Waikato.

New Zealand Heavyweight Champion Joseph Parker will headline the event as he continues his journey towards the World Heavyweight Championship.

The night will also feature New Zealand netball Icon Irene Van Dyk as well as reality TV star, The Bachelor NZ Art Green up against former All Black winger Zac Guildford.

paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 5644f94f08dfbpaleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 Q_qWlwQI
http://www.skyarena.co.nz/
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 Empty Re: Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum

Post by Sprite Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:45 am

Love the avi AAL!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:50 am

Thanks Sprite. bestbud! Art's a gorgeous man - inside and out yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:12 am

AllAboutLove wrote:Thanks Sprite. bestbud! Art's a gorgeous man - inside and out yes

Yup. One of my favourites!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:58 am

:crazy dance: OMG!!!! Art WON!!!  :Woah-hoo: cheerleader  danceround

He won the fight!! It was incredible!!! Honestly Art could be a pro-athlete, easy.  :yes:

I knew he was on another level but WOW!! He's a beast!!!   :Nod:
I am not even sure what I was worried about.   giggling
Absolutely incredible fight and Art just took that winning belt home easy!!  paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 1710264613 paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 1710264613
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoil Me Again Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:46 am

YAY Art!!!!!
Spoil Me Again
Spoil Me Again

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:28 am

Congrats to Art! AAL love your new avi.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:22 pm

Impressive! Art looks to be in total control. Matilda retweeted this...

FYI, the video in the first link doesn't play for me (probably an out of the country issue), but if you click the twitter link, you see a gif of Art throwing a punch.

paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:47 pm

Yay Art! clapping! was ithe fight itself long? Does anyone know a site or link to watch his whole fight?
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:09 pm

rhondam wrote:Yay Art! clapping! was ithe fight itself long? Does anyone know a site or link to watch his whole fight?
It was on PayPerView so not sure can watch it somewhere else. The fight itself was three rounds of 2 mins each. Art won by unanimous decision!

It's a pretty big deal too because so many critics just saw Art as "The Bachelor" (something he never refers to himself as and never has had his SM profile stating he was TB) and his opponent was a big deal All Black (former) which is basically THE epitome of someone who is seen in NZ as amazing.

So Art proved he was at a competitive level that really is for professional athletes. Even his trainer who coaches professional boxers said that Art was a dream to coach (he tweeted it) and is much more than a pretty face. 

When Art did his training, he did this test that is used globally to determine athletic ability and scores a person on a range from average all the way to high level competitiveness which is for Olympians and the like (and very, very difficult to achieve that score). Well.... Art did. Given he went to Nationals and ranked as a college athlete it is not surprising but he really is in incredible shape and even Evander Holyfield faved a tweet about Art!!

The best part is that this was ALL for charity! Art said in an interview he wanted to use his public status for charity causes and he has done that consistently all year long. He's an incredible guy!   :Nod:

clapping! Well done, Art!!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:07 pm

I know nothing about the sport of boxing so this comment might be laughable to someone who does, but here goes. What I noticed from the twitter gif was that Art was "stiff arming" his opponent, forcing this guy to stay back. (Art has really long arms, imo, so it made it difficult for the opponent to land any significant blows to Art's body.) It probably also helped that Art (wisely) chose to wear a head protector. Like I said above, what Art accomplished was impressive.

paleo - Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum - Page 47 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:32 pm

Both opponents had the same arm "Reach" so they were evenly matched. Both had the option for headgear but while headgear offers some protection it doesn't stop an opponent from striking blows. The boxer himself has to do that himself, headgear or not.

Interestingly, Art's opponent in post-fight interview said he greatly underestimated Art's abilities. That was definitely the case and Art would have won, regardless. I think that underestimating an opponent is what always leads to a loss in many instances and it was not smart of Art's opponent/trainer (more the trainer) to not realize that Art would likely never have been selected to box if he wasn't at a level already that showed great capability. Not wearing headgear was an indication to me that Art's opponent already underestimated Art (and may have not trained as hard because of this).

But all is well that ends well... it was for a great cause and this exchange by Art's opponent and Art show that he was a class act.  yes

‏@zacguildford11  
Well @Artgreen_ was to good at the end of the day disappointed but poop happens
‏@Artgreen_
@zacguildford11 mate it was an honour jumping in the ring with you. You're all class. We did a good thing tonight.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 78 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 62 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Art & Matilda Green - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 1 - Fan Forum

+37
Maddy
George1218
chrissy1295
AllAboutLove
Spoil Me Again