SELECT CONTENT

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 am

Carly was one of the few chicks there. That match between Kirk and Carly may have been due to lack of choice. I dont know how much Kirk would be into Carly if he had met her through some other way.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by MiaHawk Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:59 am

ironcat wrote:As someone who has been painfully dumped in the (distant) past by a guy who I thought was "the one", I will always have sympathy for someone like Carly, even if she is not handling herself perfectly and not behaving according to proper breakup "etiquette".  Yes, it was only a three week relationship, but as we all know, three weeks in Bachelor time, when you have nothing to do but focus on your romance, and no contact with work/family/friends/home life to distract you, and in this case when you pretty much spend 24/7 with your "partner", is far more intense (and in your mind becomes more meaningful if you think the relationship is really going somewhere) than a normal 3 week dating situation would be.  Carly, a woman who apparently has been unlucky in love all her life, finally thought she had met "The One".  She wasn't competing with other women for Kirk's affection; however much he may have been hesitant to open up with her, he gave her no indication that he would have considered dating someone else, like some of the other guys did, which probably only reinforced to her that he was truly interested in her.  To be blunt, she wasn't the prettiest girl there, or even one of the prettiest, but miracle of miracle, she landed one of the good guys right away, no wonder she was on cloud 9 (and yeah, she started getting smug about it, I suspect she's had long years of experience not being in the popular crowd, and those long buried snubs can still affect your grown up behavior years later).  Then within seconds the whole fantasy she has been living becomes a delusion.  If something similar has never happened to you, consider yourself lucky.  Not to mention she had to endure this with cameras recording it (her choice to date on TV, but doesn't make it suck less at the moment).  And then she's had to relive the whole thing week after week.  I'm not the least bit surprised she's not over it yet. She's human, warts and all.

I guess I can just relate to Carly and her situation easier than I can to someone like Samantha and her "charmed" life who has probably always had guys (and some girls) falling at her feet because of her looks, and has never had to fight to be popular.  And I don't think that Kirk is a bad guy at all, in fact, I think he's a really nice guy who is in his own way, as socially awkward/unsophisticated as Carly, which is why he handled things so poorly.

I have never experienced the blindside. It's not that I am completely unsympathetic towards Carly. It was clear from the other cnestants' reactions to Kirk's break-up that nobody saw it coming...both the men and the women were equaly shocked. I think that's because of what you said in your last sentence above...Kirk is possibly MORE stunted than Carly in the relationship area. You could see on his face, multiple times, that he did not know how to be in touch with his feelings or to verbalize them. He said it himself...he shut off his feelings in order to get along to go along. He didn't know how to change course midstream, and since everything was so sped up in the process, he became paralized by his own ineptitude. Doesn't make him a bad person, just a person who is not emotionally ready to be in love and commit. I don't like to see people in black and white terms. Both Carly and Kirk have some maturing to do, IMO, but neither one is all sinner or all saint.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:52 pm

I agree.

I would like to Taylor Swift Carly's hair. Smiley
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.DDH42%2bm1E4fAV%2bHPbLJhgQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:35 pm

BowenAnderson wrote:I agree.  

I would like to Taylor Swift Carly's hair.  Smiley
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.DDH42%2bm1E4fAV%2bHPbLJhgQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

I really think that Carly would look better as a brunette, shoulder length or even pixie cut, to accentuate her cute face. The bleached blonde look is too harsh, and the extensions are unnecessary and ratty, IMO. Would be a case where less is more. IMO
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Was this posted? From Aliluvs.com

Me: Did you and Kirk talk more after After Paradise?

Carly: We have talked a few times after paradise. Kirk actually had an ex at home that he couldn't get out of his head...so he went back to pursue what he had left at home. He said the more the weeks went on...the more he felt like he was stepping backwards to her...instead of forwards with me. It hurt hearing that, but gave me a giant sense of closure. And I knew that he was at least listening to his heart...and that's what we should all strive to do. I didn't bring this up on After Paradise because I didn't want to make it about a 3rd party member, and I wanted him to bring it up first and foremost...which he didn't. I'm not sure about the status of that relationship.
It breaks my heart to see all the hate he is getting. He doesn't deserve ANY of that.

Me: Do you forgive him?

Carly: Yes. I do. I loved him. That's what you do when you love someone. He will forever be in my heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:54 pm

chasingpavements wrote:Was this posted? From Aliluvs.com

Me: Did you and Kirk talk more after After Paradise?

Carly: We have talked a few times after paradise. Kirk actually had an ex at home that he couldn't get out of his head...so he went back to pursue what he had left at home. He said the more the weeks went on...the more he felt like he was stepping backwards to her...instead of forwards with me. It hurt hearing that, but gave me a giant sense of closure. And I knew that he was at least listening to his heart...and that's what we should all strive to do. I didn't bring this up on After Paradise because I didn't want to make it about a 3rd party member, and I wanted him to bring it up first and foremost...which he didn't. I'm not sure about the status of that relationship.
It breaks my heart to see all the hate he is getting. He doesn't deserve ANY of that.

Me: Do you forgive him?

Carly: Yes. I do. I loved him. That's what you do when you love someone. He will forever be in my heart.

So, this was an interview done AFTER Monday's After Paradise show aired? She certainly didn't act on AP like she forgave him. And why keep the Blindsided song dedication to Kirk on Twitter? I find that to be sour grapes. And my DVR always cuts the endings of these shows slightly short, but I replayed it a few times and I never saw Kirk walk out onto the stage when all the others did and gave hugs/chit chat. I never saw Kirk come back out. All the others, but not Kirk, which makes me think he was very uncomfortable being around Carly, Jade, Tanner, Cassandra, and Jonathon. That's where my mind went at least.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm

I think Carly definitely played it up for the cameras. Even in her Periscope, Jade was like "hearts if you think Kirk is a d*ck" and said "she wasn't a fan", but Carly said "he's not a bad person, just made a mistake". I think she probably caught Kirk off-guard because she's likely been civil to him in the last two months and just went crazy this night. I feel bad for him, b/c no one hugged him or greeted him. He was treated like a villian, when he really just was into somebody else.

Didn't they hang out at the BIP premier dinner? They seemed fine to me then. I think Carly is just playing up her victim status (much like Melissa on Jason's ATFR), when she's probably just fine IRL.

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:10 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I think Carly is just playing up her victim status (much like Melissa on Jason's ATFR), when she's probably just fine IRL.

Do you think the producers or her publicist (if she has one) suggested she do that? Or do you think she would pull that stunt on her own? If that is true, that seems like a horrible thing to put someone through, just because you want to act hurt and angry again despite truly being over it.

Carly needs to find a man who will never watch these shows. Carly and Juelia are just marking themselves as undesirable.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:18 pm

Now that it was confirmed even more that they had talked and basically buried the hatchet, I find it even more ridiculous how she was on After Paradise. I'm actually glad he didn't bring up his ex on AP because some would have attacked him for that and Carly probably would have made a big deal out of it. IMO

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 87b72b10 BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 86669110 BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 pm

For Carly to say she has forgiven Kirk and he does not deserve the hate comes off as completely disingenuous based on her angry attitude and aggrieved victim behavior on AP.  I hope Kirk just headed back to Minnesota and is putting this situation in the rear view mirror.  
Mia, I also noticed no sign of Kirk in the AP final photos.  He must have done his appearance then bounced out of there ASAP.  I say good riddance to their summer showmance.  JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Suuperdad Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm surprised people were so bleh with Carly. My wife and I found her very funny and witty. Sure sometimes she had a bit of meangirl attitude, but we were all thinking the same thing, she just said it. I really really liked Carly, and I thought she was EASILY the prettiest girl on the show, by a landslide.

Also everyone is quick to jump on her about her reaction to Kurt breaking up with her, but she was completely blindsided. Sure she should have seen the signs and taken things he hinted at more seriously, but she was love struck with the guy. I don't fault her for anything she did in the heat of the moment, just as I don't fault him (instead I commend him) on ending it when he felt the way he did. He did really give it a go and didn't want to just end something special on a lousy feeling... He wanted to make sure it was real and lasting feeling of "not enough". But all that being said, Carly fell hard for the guy and him breaking up with her was out of left field. I mean, just seeing how she was staring at him in disbelief as he fumbled through his breakup speach... I was feeling for her so bad.

I wish they would make Carly the next bachelorette.

**edited** I mean I get that people have different tastes, but this girl is beautiful, and quite witty as well. Bachelor has so many "duds" like Samantha. A girl like Carly is one in a billion. I hope she finds what she deserves.

Suuperdad

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:59 pm

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 14 11909996_401599823363265_449867989_n
jadelizroper Last night on After Paradise was a blast!So proud of Carly
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+47
AllAboutLove
pavalygurl
mindless
Bet2Win
Sprite