SELECT CONTENT

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:21 pm

I did think she acted almost like a bully to Britt; I think she had some major insecurities that Britt brought out of her...but, I also think she was pretty perceptive and was right about everyone's true motivations and nature on BIP. That makes me think she was probably right about Britt too, but I think she didn't have to take so much joy in Britt's pain.  I'm always suprised that she's so close with the nice girls from the season, like Jade and Whitney. Even Jillian, who Carly said some not-so-nice things about, seemed really close to her after BIP.

Back to top Go down

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 Empty Re: BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bluwavz Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:32 pm

I think she was probably right about Britt not being her real self but Carly just ended up making herself look bad in the process. Honestly it just looked like she was just jealous of the hot girl being the lead's favorite rather than being concerned about her fooling people. I do like Carly and I think she's funny as hell but her insecurities are really unattractive to me.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:33 pm

I find Carly annoying. I don't know what it is about her...but she's just annoying. I also dislike how she dresses like she's still a teenager, when she's almost 30 years old. Yes, she looks young, but it's embarrassing to dress that way..

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:29 pm

albean99 wrote: I believe Carly was right about Britt for the most part. I think real life Britt is different from filming a tv show Britt. JMO of course.

I thought Britt was "on" the first time I watched Soules' season too. The second time I watched it, I saw the other girls' jealousy of the obvious connection Britt and Chris had and as time went on and fewer and fewer girls are left, it just became more competitive. The others, Kaitlyn, Whitney, Jade (she wasn't completely on board imo but was more just going along with it) and Carly were very jealous of Britt, you can see it in their expressions. Carly seemed to want to be the spokesperson for the group and they of course, let her.

Britt's two mistakes were thinking everyone was as kind to her as they were to her face and thinking out loud after what she thought was a good discussion with Chris about her dad and HTD, questioning why Chris gave the GDR to K and not her when she thought he was giving it to her.

After the second viewing I 100% believe Britt felt something for Chris and him her. Whether that was incredible physical attraction combined with the situation amped up, it doesn't matter to me because it was genuine enough to them and they both wanted to explore it. Throughout the season it appeared she was mainly concentrating on her and Chris and trying to figure out if they could even be a thing and it appeared to me she was taking the process of will we work long term seriously maybe to the detriment of building friendships with the other girls. Anyway....

Carly said Britt said, "Nope, there's no way I could live here," referring to Arlington and told Chris same. Britt said it and doesn't dispute saying it and told Chris how she first felt when first getting to town. But she also changed her mind on the way back to Des Moines or Dubuque whichever it was, knowing they weren't actually going to live in the town but on the farm, in the country and she told Chris this too. Chris chose to believe persistent, loud mouth bossy Carly (lucky for Britt in the end) but she then continued to narrate Britt's story in her ITMs slanted to the one-sided, jealously biased way she chose to see it it and not how it really was. To top it all off, she tried to continue telling Britt's story at WTA even though Britt was right there trying to speak her own words about her own story! You can even see Jade trying to get Carly to let Britt talk. I lost respect for those girls after watching a second time. Jade gets a bit of a pass from me because she really was trying to respect Britt and at least hear her points of view.

Sorry for long post, I'm just trying to show how different this show can be when it is so heavily slanted through editing which I know you all know so wonder if it is just watching a second time knowing the contestants and the lead a little more from post season and SM and then seeing what likely really happened. 2cents
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:44 pm

I think it was more that Carly has a sarcastic sense of humor and it didn't always go over well with the viewing audience. To me, Britt came across as fake because she was fake on camera and probably with some of the girls. She seems to be much nicer and more "real" irl according to some of those who have met her. If anyone was jealous of Britt, it was because she made sure they knew she was a front runner and in fact, rubbed it in their faces.

I'm not excusing everything Carly said and certainly not how mean she was when Britt was leaving, however we all know that the producers poke and prod to get what they want. They had to know it would come across badly and that's what they were going for. What I don't believe is that Carly's a mean girl or intended to hurt anyone. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 pm

I loved her sarcastic sense of humor and I definitely don't think she's a mean girl. I just think her insecurities got the best of her because of her past bad relationship and not feeling desirable. It happens to most of us!
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:06 pm

bluwavz wrote:I loved her sarcastic sense of humor and I definitely don't think she's a mean girl. I just think her insecurities got the best of her because of her past bad relationship and not feeling desirable. It happens to most of us!

ITA with that, blu. It's no wonder she's insecure. People online have been quite mean about her looks. I'd like to see her change her hair color to darker but think she's very pretty and has lovely eyes. Being on that show with people like Britt must have made it harder. I hope she has developed some confidence now and won't let herself go there anymore.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:08 pm

I did find Britt fake and manipulative even outside of editing, but I think she just struck a nerve with Carly. I don't think it was just jealousy over how beautiful she was, b/c Jade was gorgeous and was the most desired woman on BIP yet Carly was her best friend . I think that Jade just didn't rub it in, whereas Britt did. It doesn't excuse how Carly acted, because I think she did take it too far, but I also understood where she was coming from. 

I know that someone that briefly met Britt while she was with her ex (Jamal, I think?) and another couple and she said that what you saw on TV was basically what you got. She's very nice, but she's also very obsessed and worried with how she looks and is perceived. It just seems to me that both girls had their own insecurities and the show brought them all out.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:12 pm

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/bachelor-paradise-star-carly-waddell-dating-erik-dinardo-who-he-659540

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 19 1450177200_carly-waddell

'Bachelor in Paradise' star Carly Waddell dating Erik DiNardo; Who is he?
Despite several rumours claiming that reality star Carly Waddell and her ex-boyfriend Kirk DeWindt have reunited, it appears they are untrue. According to the latest news, Carly is dating again, but is in a relationship with Erik DiNardo, a singer/songwriter from Nashville, Tennessee.
Although their relationship seems to be only a few months old, the singer from popular reality show, "Bachelor in Paradise" dropped several hints that she has found love again. In September 2015, Carly posted a snapchat video and said, "I'm sort of dating this guy, and we're in the Bridgestone Arena, and we're the only people here." A few months later, she posted an adorable picture of her and Erik on Instagram and captioned it, "Smiling is my favourite."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:45 am

Happy for Carly. I am torn on Carly as a person. She took it too far with Britt IMO but what totally turned me off was how two faced she was with Ashley S on BiP. The two together make me think Carly is not as nice or sweet as she has pretended to be and the b**** is the real Carly. Again JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:46 am

IMHO, it's actually all of the above. Carly was both jealous and very correct about Britt. Britt wasn't trying to be evil though. She's just genuinely a double minded person. She never lied from what I can tell. She's just a flip flopper, and she's also very insecure, in that she flipped out when she didnt get the attention she thought she deserved while another girl got it.

If Britt had not flipped out when Chris S didnt give her that rose, he probably would have kept her there despite what all the other women were saying. She was his number one. There was no way he was going to let her go over what the other women said, only cause he would probably just figure they were all jealous (and some were, namely Carly, Whitney, and Jade [if you remember how she remarked in the saloon about how close Britt and Chris S were, plus "I don't want your sympathy!"]).

I liked Carly's eagerness. Remember when she chugged the goat's milk despite being lactose intolerant? Contrast that with Kelsey who was going eww the whole time, and Amber who said she was glad she didnt have to. Carly also was aggressive and went in for those kisses.

It was quite obvious that Chris S wasn't attracted to her at all. I dont get it though. She's at least as attractive as Whitney. Carly won challenges and still didnt get roses. (Same with Ashley I, BTW, which is how you could tell who Chris S actually liked; girls who won didnt get roses or dates in some cases.)

What I didn't like about Carly is that she was the one who complained the most, except for Kelsey. And Chris S never even got to hear her endless complaining. So he never even got to see that part of her.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubblebunny Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:57 am

Carly dyed her hair a darker, more natural blond! She has pictures up on her Instagram account. I think it really suits her!
Bubblebunny
Bubblebunny

Female Posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

BIP Season 2 - Carly Waddell - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+47
AllAboutLove
pavalygurl
mindless
Bet2Win
Sprite