SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Page 64 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by Seabear Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:51 pm

IMO - I think the recent posts are for the Bachelor but I think they are in cahoots with TPTB.  I do not believe TPTB are among the Nick "those who are not fans."  Quite the opposite.  The only BP detractor has been CH (because he is such a MeAndI fan) and even he has been brought to heel recently and is changing his tune.  Also maybe the fact that CH has gotten about 4 seconds of airtime this season and wants to stay on good terms with his higher ranking BP's.  Check out the SM likes and comments Re Nick and TPTB throughout this season.  At the end of day this show is about ratings, ratings, ratings.  I guess time will tell..... Hugesmile
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 64 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

Post by OnePromise Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't think that Nick takes any of this that seriously.  

Did anyone catch the conversation underneath his most recent shirtless posting?  It was about what he was contemplating about in the photo.  Someone asked.  He responded that he was trying to decide if he should have 3 or 4 scoops of ice cream.  And when asked what kind of ice cream, he responded, "Mint chocolate chip...duh."  

I don't care how many shirtless pics he posts, as mentioned above, it is his right.  I also don't think that it makes him douchey.  He has been put down so much for being the "intellectual, over thinker" and the part about his physical stamina as a runner and his wonderful physique have been completely missing in the show or commenting articles.  It was not until he posted photos that people started talking about his appeal.  It helps to give part of the answer to why Kaitlyn was attracted to him.  

And why is it ok for the physical trainers to post shirtless pictures of themselves? Or even to have others post those photos? The fact that someone else took the photo and posted it makes it ok?  It sounds like a double standard.  Could it also be that maybe some hold Nick to higher standards than the rest of the meat puppets on the show?

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Yes, I held him to a higher standard because I thought he was real and cool the first time around. And he himself called shirtless posts douchey last year in a post of himself, without a shirt, but asking people to come to a charity event he was hosting. I liked that. 10-20 posts later of professional half-naked pictures with his pants unbuttoned...Sigh. I'm just over it. And a personal trainer can do it all the time because it's his job and marketing.

I actually don't think he is coming across poorly on the show but some of his SM media activity is making me less of a fan. JMHO.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:07 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:I see this SM as all campaigning for TB and nothing else.  The model shots which he continues to post and now, this drivel about crashing into my heart like a hurricane seems like an attempt to ellicit support.  Yep, he wants it bad, IMO.

Not sure they're going to give it to him, though.

Nick's my favorite part of this season, but I don't think he has a chance in heck to be the Bachelor. I think it's Ben H's if he wants it and Josh Murray's if anything goes wrong with negotiations. I think they would go to Ben Z or Jared before Nick. They prefer a non-controversial, universally loved Bachelor so that the girls' drama can shine.

I like Nick, but I'm not a fan of the ambiguous tweets and half-naked pictures. It's his right, obviously, but I just think it comes off as too attention-seeking.

I don't think he has a chance either.  But, he knows how to work SM to build ratings for the show probably better than Ben H, Josh, Jared or Ben Z.  TPTB will take that into strong consideration.  

Can TPTB build enough love for Nick?  Hmmm, I don't know but they're gonna try every cheesy line and half-naked pic in the book.  Hugesmile
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:12 pm

It's part of his redemption edit IMO. He will end up either the heartbroken F2 and move on or rescue the girl from the jealous and possessive F1. The new Ew clip says it all.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:28 pm

bleuberry wrote:Based on the nature of those photos and the fact that he's bulked up quite a bit lately, I think he has The Bachelor on his mind.
I wonder if TPTB have given him the idea it's a possibility? 
I have not heard that Nick was in contention for TB and have heard reliably that others are. 
You never know what TPTB have said as they kind of go by the old saying: Throw out enough chit and some of it has to stick.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by megaa Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:44 pm

So all this talk about shirtless Nick on IG made me dash on over there laugh out loud Honestly, I was expecting every other photo to be shirtless. I only saw like 3 as I scrolled. He's mostly pictured with people.

On a side note, his body is ridiculous and that beard is doing wonders. Why not model? He looks amazing. If you ask me, he's got the perfect male physique.

megaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:18 pm

IMO the Nick hate is exaggerated! That's what it boils down to.

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:42 pm

bleuberry wrote:
Alanna wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:

Or if Nick does something that attacks Shawn. She's already shown she'll stand up for Shawn (and against Nick for that matter) and Kaitlyn is also a spitfire and not afraid to take anyone on (remember Kupah and Clint).

Oh yes. There is nothing Shawn needs more than Kait's protection laugh out loud but seriously, I can see Kait getting the most riled up of the two guys, especially because Nick likes to get his little digs in very calmly/smugly/smarmily and then act super shocked when the other person is really angry.

Oh yep! I'm intrigued and interested to see how he'll manage to shame Kaitlyn this time without actually shaming Kaitlyn laugh out loud.

Me too. If it's deserved, bring it on. He's a very bright guy; it promises to be entertaining.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:44 pm

Cecilia wrote:Yes, I held him to a higher standard because I thought he was real and cool the first time around.  And he himself called shirtless posts douchey last year in a post of himself, without a shirt, but asking people to come to a charity event he was hosting.  I liked that.  10-20 posts later of professional half-naked pictures with his pants unbuttoned...Sigh.  I'm just over it.  And a personal trainer can do it all the time because it's his job and marketing.

I actually don't think he is coming across poorly on the show but some of his SM media activity is making me less of a fan.  JMHO.

He is cool and real that is what I love about him there is nothing fake about him. There are plenty of men and woman that post pics. of themselves without a shirt. Why does it matter that Nick did it? It is not the job of a professional trainer to post pics. like that. His SM media is still the same as it has been. Yes he is still doing charity events just went to one last week. How many scenes did we get from Sean L without his shirt off? The other thing I love about Nick is he could careless what others think. He holds no grudges and stays true to himself. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Technically there are 6-7 separate pics (some in a collage - like why?! laugh out loud), all posted within the last month. Looks a little try hard/douchey, but I guess when the novelty of his new ripped figure wears off, so will the pics (hopefully).

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5 - Page 64 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Seabear wrote:IMO - Nicks posts are thought out.  He is a smart and savvy guy.  I have come to respect and like Nick this season because he presents himself on the show and on SM as a real person.  He is multi faceted and flawed just like all of us are. I find his quirkiness and originality interesting in a show that is often filled with very one dimensional characters.  He seems to own who he is and is not just a storyline.  That said... I believe that TPTB have had him in mind as the next Bachelor since he came on the show this season.  I think it is reflective in his edit and will be even more so in the next episodes.  I know lots of people do not like Nick but he garners lots of emotion and attention on SM.  Look how many threads have been devoted to him just on this forum.  Nick equals good ratings for ABC and at the end of the day that is always the goal of TPTB.

IA Seabear. Good post!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 79 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 71 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #5

+69
kimberlyg
megaa
Cecilia
mindless
Beagle