SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 9 of 48 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by JBF Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:38 pm

BlackHalo wrote:Ashley I. would be golden if she just played coy and hard to get. She's a stunning girl but guys check out once they sense the desperation. JMO.

That is what her sister told her she should NOT do! That is probably the ONLY advice I think her sister was right about.

Go Ashley! Get HIM! Get HIM! Drag him into that fantasy suite!

Harrison asked if she will be crying when they emerge FROM the fantasy suite. I am MOST curious what tomfoolery Harrison is tossing us here. After dealing with Kirky & Carly and Jade & Tanner's BORING trips there, I HAD BETTER GET MY MONEY'S WORTH THIS TIME!

It was a still cute trick of hers to give him a loooooong letter saying "It is ooooohhhh-kaaaayyy if we start out as fwends..." *nudge nudge*
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:55 pm

JBF wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I actually think Ashley is the "type" of woman Jared NEEDS. She actually seems very smart and intuitive. Her conversations with both Harrison and Jimmy Kimmel (I am remembering Chris' season) were quite intellectual.

We just laugh at her antics on screen because she is so hilariously dramatic.

On that note, I was sorry to hear that Kermit and Miss Piggy broke up. Sometimes I close my eyes and Jared sounds like Kermiee.

She isn't anywhere near ready for a relationship, though. She turns all tweeny bopper around guys; any attraction they have is likely to fall fast around that.

It amuses me because I get a feeling I was a bit like that at her age, but without the constant tears and emotional wreck part. I didn't manage to act as "normal" around guys I liked as I did everyone else, and it really is impossible to build a relationship when you are never truly comfortable. I do believe that life goes the way it is supposed to go, and while she makes some interesting "what not to do TV," she isn't going to find her guy for a few years yet, at minimum.

I hope she doesn't let herself get too wrapped up in the waiting, and goes and builds her life for herself, instead.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:17 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
JBF wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I actually think Ashley is the "type" of woman Jared NEEDS. She actually seems very smart and intuitive. Her conversations with both Harrison and Jimmy Kimmel (I am remembering Chris' season) were quite intellectual.

On that note, I was sorry to hear that Kermit and Miss Piggy broke up. Sometimes I close my eyes and Jared sounds like Kermiee.

She isn't anywhere near ready for a relationship, though. She turns all tweeny bopper around guys; any attraction they have is likely to fall fast around that.

It amuses me because I get a feeling I was a bit like that at her age, but without the constant tears and emotional wreck part. I didn't manage to act as "normal" around guys I liked as I did everyone else, and it really is impossible to build a relationship when you are never truly comfortable. I do believe that life goes the way it is supposed to go, and while she makes some interesting "what not to do TV," she isn't going to find her guy for a few years yet, at minimum.

I hope she doesn't let herself get too wrapped up in the waiting, and goes and builds her life for herself, instead.

I go with the old adage "Don't expect others to love you until you learn to love yourself." As self-aware as Ashley is, she needs to learn to love herself and let go of all those insecurities that make her appear so desperate, IMO.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:35 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:

I think she needs to get a job. We all know she isnt really a Freelance Reporter, and being a Nanny may pay well but it isnt a real job unless you run your own center. If she can get a real job, that would help by giving her a routine with some structure. Crying at the drop of a hat will not be possible when a person has work to do. I guess she never felt that kind of pressure to earn money, and her parents must have never made her do anything.

She also needs to realize that it isnt normal to cry everyday. She said if she has the urge to cry but doesnt, then she can not talk (said On Periscope 8/31/15). She needs to find a way to work on that.

For Jared, I think she would have to be super aggressive. He likes outgoing, aggressive women, which Ashley I is not. Maybe over the course of a few years she could learn how to lead him, since he doesnt want to lead. But as of right now, they are not compatible. He just isnt into that kind of woman.

For regular guys though, learning to flirt with her eyes, smiling from across the room, hair flipping, and whatever else she could use to lure men in would probably work much better than her current plan of just sitting there and hoping things work out magically.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 11821296_914712905269698_1611595494_n
http://websta.me/p/1063865392629924218_444615623
Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 2498057887 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 2498057887 Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 2498057887
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:35 pm

I feel bad for Ashley I. I think she's really immature for 27/28 and acts like she is a lot closer to 21/22 (or even younger). Not sure if she's just very sheltered or what, but the whole letter thing and her whole "I can't talk to a cute boy I like" thing just seems like something that a lot of girls have done (or thought about doing), but like, in high school. I feel bad for Jared because Ashley I. is neither ready for a relationship nor in a place where she can just "have fun" and have a fling like a lot of other people would do on something like BIP; and because of her, he can't even explore those possibilities with others.

Samantha is horrible. My opinion of Dan has gotten lower and lower since he dumped Ashley S. He's probably defending her because he still thinks she'll suddenly change her mind about him romantically (hint to Dan: she won't). Not that Joe was any prince, and the thins he said and his ideas about getting her back by blackmailing her were terrible; but Sam is just not a nice person at all.

The producers seemed to have a field day with the "Friends" references. Between Ashley I.'s letter and the Tenley/Juelia scene laugh out loud laugh out loud laugh out loud.

I felt really really awful for Chris B. I liked the speech on After Paradise, but I also read his entire letter and it was even more interesting (especially his apologies to both Jamie and Elise and how his buddies from his bar encouraged him to keep doing shows to bring in business). I've always thought that the show can be a "fix" for some people because love/lust can be a "high" in a way, and especially in the way these shows encourage because they expect you to find love super fast in an incredibly manufactured environment. And Chris is probably Exhibit A. However he's still really young at only 28 and has time to ultimately "find love" and himself far far away from the franchise.

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:52 pm

To me, Jared is the epitome of a young man who has been "raised right." I think that he has good manners, a kind heart, and that he wants to do the right thing. I can see why his name was on the short list of contenders for The Bachelor. I had a good opinion of him from Kaitlyn's season, and that good opinion has only increased over the course of BiP.

How do we know that Samantha is lying? Her mouth is moving. I honestly don't care if she sent Joe a novel's worth of texts pre-show. What I think reveals her character is that she told him to do whatever needed doing to stay on until her entry. That meant that she didn't give a fig about whomever had to be taken down in the process. Samantha is all about Samantha. She will be perfectly nice to you until you get in her way. Then she will cheerfully shove you aside.

Her disavowal of a friendship with Juelia was ludicrous. Of course people on the franchise make friends with each other. I find Juelia's take on this very believable.

As for Dan, I thought he was too smart to fall for someone like that. My opinion of him has gone down somewhat.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:55 pm

Sam downplayed her friendship with Juelia to make herself look better for disregarding her feelings. What a hearless woman.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by BowenAnderson Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:35 am

I got the feeling that Jared is just exhausted by all of this! JMO but I think that man won't be dating anyone for a long time.

He is such a fine gentleman. It seems like the producers are pushing him, he feels pushed by AI too. It feels like he is being steamrolled. He is so kind and easy going that he won't take matters into his own hands. I wanted to give him a hug while on AP.

Samantha, well bless her heart. I am perplexed by her post-show relationships. Everyone except Joe and Juelia seems to say how sweet she is.

BowenAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Lievta Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:53 am

BlackHalo wrote:Sam downplayed her friendship with Juelia to make herself look better for disregarding her feelings. What a hearless woman.

I know this was a typo, Black, but when I read it I wondered, "Hmm, was that word supposed to be "heartless" or "harlot"? Either one fits the Sam we've seen thus far! giggling

For a moment each seemed unreal to the other — then the slow warm hum of love began.
Lievta
Lievta

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 am

BowenAnderson wrote:I got the feeling that Jared is just exhausted by all of this!  JMO but I think that man won't be dating anyone for a long time.

He is such a fine gentleman.  It seems like the producers are pushing him, he feels pushed by AI too.  It feels like he is being steamrolled.  He is so kind and easy going that he won't take matters into his own hands.  I wanted to give him a hug while on AP.

Samantha, well bless her heart.  I am perplexed by her post-show relationships.  Everyone except Joe and Juelia seems to say how sweet she is.  

There are a few that don't say that she is sweet.

Anyone know what tune Tanner is singing now post show ? He was pretty clear in his ITM that she is baaad. Though Tanner is chatty in his ITM but not so direct when actually confronting people Suspect

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 am

nd4reality wrote:
BowenAnderson wrote:I got the feeling that Jared is just exhausted by all of this!  JMO but I think that man won't be dating anyone for a long time.

He is such a fine gentleman.  It seems like the producers are pushing him, he feels pushed by AI too.  It feels like he is being steamrolled.  He is so kind and easy going that he won't take matters into his own hands.  I wanted to give him a hug while on AP.

Samantha, well bless her heart.  I am perplexed by her post-show relationships.  Everyone except Joe and Juelia seems to say how sweet she is.  

There are a few that don't say that she is sweet.

Anyone know what tune Tanner is singing now post show ? He was pretty clear in his ITM that she is baaad.  Though Tanner is chatty  in his ITM but not so direct when actually confronting people Suspect

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 9 CNs3GUdUkAAsRjQ

https://twitter.com/ttolbert05

I'd say he feels the same, nd. laugh out loud Carly also made it clear she hasn't changed her mind about Samantha.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 48 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Season 2 - Episode Discussions - #3 *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+56
Nonina430
MVMom39forever
FLChica
pavalygurl
stillhoping
ElonM
lipsis
bleuberry
soccermom333
mtnlvr55
loveactually9