SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 am

I'm listening To "the most dramatic podcast", where the hosts have both actually been fans of Nick, with them rooting for him to be the bachelor, constantly comparing his intelligent to Shawn's lack of, and really empathizing with him about how the rejection went down. I started listening to them after they had the producer on who thought Nick would win and who thought Nick had been through therapy. Anyways, tiny gossip tidbit: Jensen said that "one of his friends might be having sex with" and "I don't want to go too crazy on the podcast, but maybes he's in la and he's been living it up", with Melissa laughing knowingly in the background. Just thought it was interesting and gave a bit of credence to the speculation that Nick is having casual hook ups and that he might have some connections (since Jensen is a producer and Melissa is a model and they both have famous-ish friends). 

(Does jmo apply here? Jmo, just in case)

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 10 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by happygolucky Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:20 am

I don't like gossip, so it doesn't change my perspective or opinion of someone based on what other people say about them. Whether Nick is hooking up or not, doesn't change who Nick is, because he never said to be against "premarital noncommittal sex" (at least I never understood him that way). Also, it only proves that he is living his life outside of The Bachelor nation and not everything he does is connected to it.

Beside, why can people talk about Nick's sex life (on global internet) ... but he shouldn't be talking about his own (on national TV)?

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:31 am

chasingpavements wrote:I'm listening To "the most dramatic podcast", where the hosts have both actually been fans of Nick, with them rooting for him to be the bachelor, constantly comparing his intelligent to Shawn's lack of, and really empathizing with him about how the rejection went down. I started listening to them after they had the producer on who thought Nick would win and who thought Nick had been through therapy. Anyways, tiny gossip tidbit: Jensen said that "one of his friends might be having sex with" and "I don't want to go too crazy on the podcast, but maybes he's in la and he's been living it up", with Melissa laughing knowingly in the background. Just thought it was interesting and gave a bit of credence to the speculation that Nick is having casual hook ups and that he might have some connections (since Jensen is a producer and Melissa is a model and they both have famous-ish friends). 

(Does jmo apply here? Jmo, just in case)
cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 10 3806527698 So this producer who thought Nick would win b/c he has connections now knows about Nick's sex life?

Yeah, I'll pass on that bit of info considering this producer has already proven he doesn't know what he is talking about.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:48 am

Nope, different people. The bachelor producer, Jason carbone, was a guest on the show and made a PREDICTION that Nick would win b/c of his experience and knowledge of the show. The host of the show, Jensen Karl, has never claimed to know Nick and has talked very highly of him (even in this podcast), but brought up that personal piece of information about one of his/Melissa's friends when David Holmes talked about his twitter friendship with jj and started talking about Nick a bit.

But, yeah, I'm sure that it's much more likely that Nick's fans, like him, are just spreading false rumors about him...

(IMO)

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:54 am

Regarding Nick's sex life (not my fave topic, but here goes) giggling

Nick has, in many of his recent podcasts, stated explicitly that his view on sex is about being on the same page as the person one has sex with... that both parties have the same expectations when it comes to sex... whether this means a casual hookup for both parties or has meaning beyond that for both parties, he has stated his stance is that sex is not taboo, that it should be talked about, that everyone does it, and that as long as both consensual adults are on the same page then that is all that matters.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:58 am

That's fine (although I think he definitely implied that sex meant more to him by constantly talking about the deep emotional and mental connection men have to sex, but whatever). My issue is that many people are so reluctant to believe the numerous stories about Nick having casual sex (I have personally heard a few about him in Chicago). If there's nothing wrong with it, why can't there be an admission that it's possible that Nick might be a bit promiscuous? 

(Jmo)

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:06 am

I am not sure who the many people are that are reluctant to believe Nick engages in casual sex but I can only speak for myself: I don't care whether Nick has casual or not-casual sex. He can define sex for himself however he wants to (i.e., meaningful, deeply spiritual one night stand), as can anyone else, imo, since (in its loosest sense) it's a personal and intimate act between adults. I certainly expect Nick, as a 34 year old man, to engage in casual sex if he is so willing and the other party is just as willing and it is consensual, safe, and sane sex. no idea

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:13 am

There has always been a hesitancy to believe, IMO. If there wasn't, it would just be a fun piece of gossip and wouldn't turn into this whole debate of "well, I don't trust the source" or "RS is just jealous". There are people who believed that Julie Berry came all the way to Chicago and never slept with Nick, despite him liking her half-nekkid pics on IG. It's the fact that he's held up to this virginal standard that bothers me, not the likely fact that Nick is tapping half the women in Chicago (and now LA, apparently). 

Jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:22 am

I don't really see how Nick is held to a virginal standard considering he has had sex twice on national television.  no idea

I guess I just don't see why it really matters whether one believes Nick has casual sex or not? Imo, if he does, more power to him as long as it is safe, sane and consensual he is doing what most single males in their 30s likely do.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:31 am

Maybe I didn't make myself clear ... it's not that I don't trust the source ...

I don't care who the source is ... I don't care what the source has to say ... not about the sex life of someone else.

It's a rumor, it's a gossip ... not an information that in any way makes our lives better ... whether true or not ...

if people act on their sexual desire with a full awareness, by consent, without hurting each other and with no minors involved ... within the law ...

it's non of my business.

But since it was brought up ... Should that "revelation" tarnish Nick's reputation, image, his character, does that change his personality?
... For me, no. Most adults have sex ... and if they don't ... it's non of my business either.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I don't really see how Nick is held to a virginal standard considering he has had sex twice on national television.
As for a fun piece of gossip about Nick? I think it is because Nick's sex life is probably not seen as a fun piece of gossip which likely has to do with his time on both seasons of the Bette more than anything else that gives it something other than a "fun gossip" vibe since it has been controversial.

I guess I just don't see why it really matters whether one believes Nick has casual sex or not?   no idea
Then again, I am not really interested in Nick's sex life, or anyone else's sex life for that matter.  giggling
Yup, it's interesting that Nick has had sex with two women on the show, yet whenever stories of Nick hooking up with multiple women in bachelor nation or Nick going home with multiple strange women in bars in Chicago comes up, it's immediately dismissed as being crazy talk. Just interesting.

And, this whole show is fun gossip. I don't watch the bachelorette to have serious, insightful conversations. This show is a break from that. I watch it to snark on how crazy and stupid these people are and to follow the drama that happens both on-screen and off. Maybe there's a few people out there who don't care about hook ups, but many more certainly do as that's what RS hypes to get readers (find out who Is crushing on Jared and what their status is), what Courtney used to sell books (the whole book was about who has had sex with whom in this franchise) and why tabloids lead with that (telney devastated after weekend hookup with Ben!). To me, Nick is no different, but it's hard to have a little fun talking about the gossip surrounding him b/c people just refuse to even entertain the possibility. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be two pages of responses to a something I presented as a "tiny snippet of gossip". 

Jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 am

chasingpavements wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:I don't really see how Nick is held to a virginal standard considering he has had sex twice on national television.
As for a fun piece of gossip about Nick? I think it is because Nick's sex life is probably not seen as a fun piece of gossip which likely has to do with his time on both seasons of the Bette more than anything else that gives it something other than a "fun gossip" vibe since it has been controversial.

I guess I just don't see why it really matters whether one believes Nick has casual sex or not?   no idea
Then again, I am not really interested in Nick's sex life, or anyone else's sex life for that matter.  giggling
Yup, it's interesting that Nick has had sex with two women on the show, yet whenever stories of Nick hooking up with multiple women in bachelor nation or Nick going home with multiple strange women in bars in Chicago comes up, it's immediately dismissed as being crazy talk. Just interesting.

[snipped for brevity]
Jmo.
I think people find it hard to believe because he did such a great job of playing up how important he finds sex, blahblah lalala, when it's totally not true imo. If there was even a shred of truth to his narrative from last year, I doubt he'd be trying to have sex in a church laugh out loud But yeah, I have to give him that, he is a great salesman, even when what he's selling is total BS.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt