SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by bleuberry Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:34 pm

I will ignore the fact that he couldn't afford to throw on a shirt for this post, just this one time. :halo:

Is he reading along here, another timely post.

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 9 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

cancersucks - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:41 pm

bleu I really don't think he held back something as serious as domestic violence just to prove a point on our forum. This isn't the fist time that he has posted his association to a charity.

Thanks sdmom. This is a serious problem and not limited to just North America. He is good at spreading the word especially for those that are not well known.

Another example of his use of many hashtags. All for a good cause.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71487

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelove7 Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks sdmom!

I love the issue of domestic violence as it is very close to my heart as well.
I worked as a hotline counselor talking with women who were in abusive relationships (emotional and physical).

It is eye opening how women in relationships sometimes will tolerate their husbands or boyfriends.

So happy Nick is using his fan base to spread messages that will help others.

cheerleader awwww
lovelove7
lovelove7

Female Posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:47 pm

sdmom wrote:
His post on the website
I had the opportunity to attend a foundation event for Linda's Voice the other week and was moved by the work Kelley Whitis and her two sister have done in their fight against domestic violence.  I asked Kelley if she would be willing to tell her story to help bring more awareness to this terrible issue.  I hope you find this post eye opening and inspiring.

More at http://liveloudlovehard.com/lindas-voice/

Honestly, I never heard of Linda's Voice until Nick participated in it. Attention seeking?  This is a great example how he used his fame! Hastags? I think he put them to good use!
Nick was at this event in LA and next month is Domestic Violence Awareness month which is why it is timely.
I just read this post on the website and it is incredibly heartbreaking and inspiring.
Domestic violence is an epidemic in the US and around the world and it is good to know that Nick used his time out in LA to bring awareness to this terrible issue which can be overlooked when it comes to more well-known charities/causes.

Here are some more stats for those interested.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:53 pm

Well, credit goes to Notarose, who posted it first in the fan thread.
Hard for me to believe that a poster asked a question last evening and in less than 24 hours Nick pulled off this piece. Probably in the work for a few days. He had to ask the lady to write the piece and for the pictures. Definitely taking more than one day, IMO.

ETA: I purposely didn't post his picture because I don't wan the focus be on Nick.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:18 pm

So there was complain about him NOT using his fame for good cause. And now while he did it, people suspected his "perfect timing" of doing it?

Nick must be some kind of superhero i think, he can pull things together in no time.

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:30 pm

bleuberry wrote:I will ignore the fact that he couldn't afford to throw on a shirt for this post, just this one time. :halo:

Is he reading along here, another timely post.

Bleu, I think that was part of the point of his post.  Nick posts a shirtless selfie, which is a controversial thing for fans and non-fans alike.  However, this time his glorious torso is covered by something of infinitely more value to him than anything afforded him by showing off his shirtless self.  I think that it is his way of saying that there are things in life of more lasting value than talk of shirtless selfies and hashtags.  Nick is simply bringing his thought to the forefront with lasting imagery.  I always was one for a presentation with pictures.  Take a picture, it will last longer.  Right?

And to Nick I say: yes

Last edited by OnePromise on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacia620 Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

Good for Nick for being involved in worthwhile causes such as this.
Stacia620
Stacia620

Female Posts : 1221

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:09 am

Nice to see Ben also supporting Nick and his cause.
Ben tweeted and posted on IG about Nick and his blog and fighting domestic abuse/violence.
Just one more person that calls Nick a buddy.

That men are using their platform to bring awareness to this horrible reality for so many is truly great, imo.  
The world can certainly do with more people, especially men, raising awareness :yes:

@higgins.ben
Great to see my buddy @nickviall bring awareness to the fight against domestic abuse. Checkout his blog to hear one families story and what they're doing to help end the abuse. link is in his bio on his Instagram. @lindasvoiceorg
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 am

lovelove7 wrote:Thanks sdmom!

I love the issue of domestic violence as it is very close to my heart as well.
I worked as a hotline counselor talking with women who were in abusive relationships (emotional and physical).

It is eye opening how women in relationships sometimes will tolerate their husbands or boyfriends.

So happy Nick is using his fan base to spread messages that will help others.

cheerleader awwww

Don't be alarmed but...I'm going to take a break from my Nick snarking and say that I completely agree. I always roll my eyes at most of the people who go on this show and seriously state that getting dumped or getting criticism from viewers was the "worst thing that's ever happened to them", when there are people who are truly suffering out there, like domestic violence victims. I'm really proud of him for using his fame to do some good and raise awareness, especially for a crime that usually involves so much victim-blaming. It doesn't really matter to me if he did this for his image or to shush the haterz or if this really was a story and cause he was touched by.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:59 am

I have one critique that doesn't belong to a fan thread ... awful handwriting. Rolling Eyes

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:43 am

I really appreciate Nick for using his SM to promote Domestic Violence.  I volunteer at a "safe house" for women and their children who are trying to flee from horrific and scary situations.
I agree that the photo is intentional to represent the act that victims often flee with nothing but their broken lives.
Thanks to Nick for the post and to Ben for sharing it. bestbud!
It takes a village. :sending flowers  JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt