SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by sdmom Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Yesterday it was all about shirtless. Today Nick didn't meet his quota and now he's being criticized for his usage of hashtags?

From the stylist who style Nick, she used lots of #s:
oliviacolacci Wednesday's are for working.@davidbenolielphotography @nickviall #vacation #work #fun #editorial #swag #bachelorette #grooming #miami #workinit

The other stylist who worked with Nick:
jennad0526 The last look is always the best look.... @nickviall @davidbenolielphotography @oliviacolacci @amandam125 @wilhelminamodelsmia #burberry #hugoboss #tods #gents #snapback #menswear #relaxed #fall2015 #dope #nordstroms #favlook #photoshoot #bts

The photographer who took his pictures:
davidbenolielphotography#preview from a new #series we just shot with @nickviall @wilhelminamodels styled by @jennad0526 grooming by @oliviacolacci @artistsatwilhelmina @dsquared2 @maisonvalentino #fashion #editorial #comingsoon #phaseone

So maybe it the fashion industry standard to use all things hashtag? Can someone who works in this field enlighten us please?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

Post by bleuberry Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:39 pm

I think it's just a social media thing, not uncommon to have lots of hashtags to draw more eyes.

swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:42 pm

^And it's annoying no matter who does it. If you need more than three hashtags just include another sentence. #overkill

swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 87b72b10 swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 86669110 swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:50 pm

I realize it's difficult to see someone you like being criticized especially if you don't agree with it but this is the place where people can state opinions, good and bad. Complaining about posts is the same as complaining about fellow posters which is against the rules.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:04 am

bleuberry wrote:Speaking only for myself, I've actually never felt that he posts a ridiculous amount of shirtless selfies, though *overall* shirtless pics, the desperate nature of them (flashing undies, unbuttoned pants) and the timing of them are certainly ridiculous IMO, and worth mocking. No matter who does it. giggling

Yep, from a distant view being not invested in him as a person, some of his pics are just so highly mock-able (the late night comics could have a field day with such material). When you put that stuff out there there will always be fans, those who are not fans and those that just find it rather humorous. I'm in the latter group. Hopefully Nick just does it for his fans and himself and doesn't care what others think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:18 am

The use of a lot of #hashtags is not uncommon among certain types of people and businesses. I think it is more common in certain arenas. I also think it is slightly age specific.  For example: My daughter lives in LA owns an art gallery travels extensively for her art business and on most of her SM accounts uses lots of #hashtags.  I have noticed that many others in "her world" do the same. I believe she and the other folks do so for fun and cross promotion. The #hashtags are often meant to be taken with humor or as my daughter says sometimes #humblebrag.giggling   People generally get a laugh out of the #hashtags more than the actual comment. Tongue in Cheek. Hugesmile swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 3806527698
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:53 am

If I understood right the question was why so many hashtags of TB and not much mentioning of WHLM in his modeling pics ... again relating to the attention seeking purposes ?

Well, let's see ... yes ... it is about the attention and the promotion, IMO,

by #bachelor-ette he's promoting himself - reaching to the broader audience, indicating where can people find more about him, since that show is very specific in showing "reality" ... despite the edit and manipulation, it's the only show (aside of BB, survivor,...) where people can see a "common person" (his emotions, thoughts, reactions) and not an actor performing or a wanna-be celebrity pretending to live an interesting life that deserves to be shown.

Wilhelmina is an agency who is supposed to promote him and not the other way around (his only promotion are his photos), so him hashtagging their name wouldn't make much big of a difference ... all that matters is that his photos are well received (even if criticized) in terms of a generated traffic, with that WHLM has one more reason to book him for new things.

Is he heavily promoting "himself" (as a model)? ... I guess so, judging from the response here. But if I would be his WHLM's agent (or whoever is managing him), I would appreciate his attempt to do everything that there is in his power to help himself and not just wait for the agent to come up with a new deal. It's a sign that he is taking his modeling job (no matter how big or side-project it might be) seriously, responsibly and he's accountable for his own success.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:26 am

CP, I am not aware of anything in particular other than attending the recent charity. But even that is a lot more than I have done to stand against domestic violence. He could have done anything with his time. I am sure he has received any number of invitations to LA parties but chose to attend something meaningful that night. That is commendable IMO.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:43 pm

albean99 wrote:I realize it's difficult to see someone you like being criticized especially if you don't agree with it but this is the place where people can state opinions, good and bad. Complaining about posts is the same as complaining about fellow posters which is against the rules.
I was just wondering this. I thought forum members posts were off limits regardless of who the contestant is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:54 pm

We don't complain about forum members and their postings, period. :Nod:
If someone has an issue and needs to voice something about another member, please contact a mod by pm or hit the report a post button.
Thank you.
I hope this clarifies.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:04 pm

OnePromise wrote:IMO, if the worst thing that Nick has done is to post "douchy", "attention seeking" photos of himself at the request of his fans, then I think he is doing pretty well for himself.  

I think it might be a nice change of pace (although less likely to stimulate riveting conversation as it seems shirtless photos and hashtags dominate around here) to discuss that Nick is a feminist who supports standing up for women's rights and the defense of those who have been victims of domestic violence.  To me this seems a much more meaningful topic, as I think Nick would agree.  "Focus on what is important."

How about his support of fight against cancer?  I know he's done that more than once:
He bartended to raise money for a breast cancer survivor who he didn't even know.
He participated "light the night walk" with his colleagues to raise money for a young girl with leukemia.
Both happened last year.
This year, he attended a viewing party to raise money for pediatric cancer in July:
adeetz81Watching #thebachelorette with 25+ ladies (& a few gents) while raising money for #bearnecessities #bear4kids @bearnecessitiespcf with Nick! #chicago #Chicagoan #chitownmytown
swag - Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8 - Page 5 11191158_928104690584347_1800142152_n

I don't disagree he seems to enjoy attention but he also used his fame for good purposes. I hope he will do more in the future.

Now, it OT and if MODS don't think it's appropriate here, please edit:
In Jillian's season, Kiptyn showed her the charity Stand Up for Kids that he supported in HTD. He didn't "win". At the end of season, a poster in a board I was part of suggested as Kip fans, we could donate to Stand Up for Kids to show our support. I did so.  Last year, I also donated to the Light the Night Walk that Nick participated. Both were small amounts. However, I think it will be great to "focus on what is important". We can all support, in any forms, to the causes that our faves (from this show or others) support/care/ participate. Hope this doesn't seem too preachy.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - 11 - Discussion #8

+55
charmained
Norcalgal
lipsis
emusha
SueSt