SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by Zaynab Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:47 pm

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35233673/2017/04/24/one-dead-in-buchanan-county-crash

Zaynab

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by sosleepy Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:47 pm

Alanna wrote:
sosleepy wrote:
Alanna wrote:Sure this is devastating, absolutely, but that we are all criminals?? Downright cray cray cray imo. No reason or logic will ever compel me to understand that website/speaker/message imo. And of course we've all done bad stuff or stupid stuff. But to kill someone and then run away to hide? I don't think so. What ever in the world is that? All imo.

I think the point is bigger picture. Not that we all literally kill people, but every day people break the law left and right. Speeding, driving drunk, smoking pot, whatever/whatever. 3/4 get away scot free with no consequences. 1 of the 4 gets hammered. I've known two people IRL who got the abslulute hammer for drug offenses in college. Both got jail time. For something that many, MANY of their peers did regularly and just had the good fortune never to get caught. That was my takeaway, and I get the point.
I get the point, but pot and shoplifting aren't in the same league as killing someone imo (if anyone would disagree I guess). There has to be balance in all we do as individuals and a society imo, throwing the book at a kid for pot? Not ideal..

However, to normalize criminal behavior as it's okay and we all do it? No. That is the ish that lets degenerates get a free pass after "good behavior" who go on to do it again. Like drunk driving and assualitng young women within days of being let out, which happens all the time. Complete  and total lunacy in the other direction 

I'm not normalizing Chris' behavior or saying it's ok. Not by any means. But take away the actual accident - how he ended up in this situation... but the speeding and driving drunk parts. People do that kind of stuff every day. Repeatedly. Most get through life without huge consequence from these decisions, and thus avoid the judgment of others. Sadly, unfortunately, Chris did not. 1/4.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:48 pm

This is getting off topic.

Let's stick to the FACTS, shall we?

CS left the scene of a FATAL crash and that is what he is charged with, which is a Class 4 felony. FACT.

He hid from authorities for 5 hrs and did not cooperate with authorties as stated in court. FACT.

Doesn't matter what the victim did or what I do, which is typing on my laptop in my home which is not a crime and who cares.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Alanna wrote:
sosleepy wrote:

I think the point is bigger picture. Not that we all literally kill people, but every day people break the law left and right. Speeding, driving drunk, smoking pot, whatever/whatever. 3/4 get away scot free with no consequences. 1 of the 4 gets hammered. I've known two people IRL who got the abslulute hammer for drug offenses in college. Both got jail time. For something that many, MANY of their peers did regularly and just had the good fortune never to get caught. That was my takeaway, and I get the point.
I get the point, but pot and shoplifting aren't in the same league as killing someone imo (if anyone would disagree I guess). There has to be balance in all we do as individuals and a society imo, throwing the book at a kid for pot? Not ideal..

However, to normalize criminal behavior as it's okay and we all do it? No. That is the ish that lets degenerates get a free pass after "good behavior" who go on to do it again. Like drunk driving and assualitng young women within days of being let out, which happens all the time. Complete  and total lunacy in the other direction 

I'm not normalizing Chris' behavior or saying it's ok. Not by any means. But take away the actual accident - how he ended up in this situation... but the speeding and driving drunk parts. People do that kind of stuff every day. Repeatedly. Most get through life without huge consequence from these decisions, and thus avoid the judgment of others. Sadly, unfortunately, Chris did not. 1/4.
Good for the people of IA that at least one got caught then imo. One less on their roads, I hope.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:51 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@ReneeM
He(CS) rear ended the tractor and left the scene.
We don't know without all the facts if he was responsible for all of the accident or what part of it.
Was the tractor driver in any fault? Did he have warning lights on? Correct braking gear? Should he legally even have been on that road? vs the shoulder? How was visibility?
Then was drinking/alcohol any part?
Because someone has a past history of drinking does not mean they are guilty of a present transgression.
I don't drink. I haven't had a drink in years. But on occasion I will pick up a bottle of wine for a celebratory gift for a friend etc. So because I have it in my car does not equate me being under the influence.
My stance at jumping to conclusions whether it be this forum or anything else is fairly consistent, that it is a dangerous position, imo.
Fact vs fiction.

If the driver was at fault does it justify chris leaving the scene? Which is what he was charged for, not for being at fault for the accident. I never stated anything as fact that wasn't.

Fact: Chris rear ended a vehicle, the driver of which is now dead.
Fact: He fled the scene, didn't return, and was holed up somewhere for about 5 hours after the accident happened before he was arrested
Fact: The police found alcohol at the scene
Fact: Chris has a history of multiple DUI's
Fact: In court today the prosecutor said he was uncooperative and neither he nor his lawyer disputed that

IMO I didn't jump to conclusions, as much as I took a tiny step forward. I could be wrong but I never stated as a fact he was drinking and driving, I stated my opinion that I think he was. I also said even if alcohol wasn't a factor, what he did was still horrible IMO.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by hae1001 Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Let the sinless man cast the first stone. It's not my place to judge Chris, therefore I won't. I'm praying for both of the families involved. I can't imagine the devastation they are all feeling.
hae1001
hae1001

Female Posts : 1183

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Kashathediva wrote:And as I type this on my laptop---yes, laptop on my couch I am afraid to guess how many of might be reading this while on the phone in the car driving or even thinking of posting reply while in the car driving. no no

Never ever do I read my phone while I am driving.  All it takes is one second for something to happen.  It's not worth the risk. It can wait.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm not sinless, never claimed to be, but I'm still judging Chris very much. We judge these Bach ladies for posting too many duck lip ig pictures and bikini pictures, but fleeing a fatal accident scene, being uncooperative with the police to the point they had to get a search warrant shouldn't be judged? Chris deserves everything he gets, and his own behavior after the accident is the cause of it. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshem Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:00 pm

Who's gonna be the first Bach member to speak of it minus Whitney ?

Boshem

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 pm

ReneeM wrote:Not only did he flee the scene, he didn't return to turn himself in, AND he's been uncooperative with the police. Somebody DIED and the only person he's concerned about is himself IMO. I feel bad for everyone involved, except Chris' b*tch azz. All JMO.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 Tenor_10
Source

Yes, that's the thing that makes me lose all sympathy. Everyone can accidentally cause another person to lose their life even if they follow every rule in the book, and everyone can go into shock and leave the scene. Resisting arrest for 5 hours and making the police get a search warrant to reach you, however, is no accident. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Regardless of any other circumstances regarding this he needs to be punished accordingly for leaving the scene of a fatal crash.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 45 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm

I still can't comprehend what he did. He hit the guy. He fled the scene. He hid. It's like a bad scene from a Hollywood movie.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 80 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX