SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by nikikass Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:16 pm

This is horrible. I understand all the hate but all I have to say is that, Innocent until proven guilty seems to not work in here. IMO

I feel bad for everyone involved. Chris could also be your brother, father, uncle son etc..

Just as well as the Victim could be your brother, father uncle son...etc...

Either way it is everyone's worst nightmare. I will not assume I know the facts. I don't I just know this is awful and I have been finding it hard to concentrate all day.

I am just sad!
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

Post by AmoreBella Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 pm

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/videos/news/crime-and-courts/2017/04/25/listen-police-dispatch-involving-chris-soules-after-fatal-accident/100893928/

AmoreBella

Back to top Go down

Post by robinvi Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:27 pm

I was talking to my dad about this and he said waiting for the search warrant might have been instructed by his lawyer. You have legal rights to do that. I am not saying it's right or wrong just stating its legal.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie81 Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:32 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:Yes, there have been several links posted about the alcohol being in the car.  The thing is, no where in what I read does say it was open or that he was drunk.  If I've missed this info, I'd like someone to point out where it is.  Could it have been?  Could he have been?  Sure.  He has a history of drinking.  

Sure it's not hard to connect the dots and assume things.  But until the facts are all in, we do not know that he is guilty of all that he's been accused of here.  

Does that excuse his behavior of fleeing the scene, holing up and having to have a warrant made for him to come out?  No.  And those actions are inexcusable and make him look far more guilty than the info we know to be fact, but again, it does not mean he actually is guilty of those things.  He should be held responsible for any and all that he is guilty of, IMO.  I can think badly of his actions while still feeling some type of empathy for him because no matter how much or little he's actually guilty of, his life is forever changed and there's a lot he'll have to accept and live with because of his actions.  And of course I feel lots of sympathy for the victims family and his own.  

We judge and post about a lot of things here, but IMO, we need to be careful with what we say and accuse him of until all the facts are in.

JMOAA

Agree 1 million%!! We say a lot of stuff here about a lot of stuff that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but this is serious. I feel as if a lot of stones are being thrown without really knowing all the facts. Just jumping in to give a virtual hell yeah to this post!
Julie81
Julie81

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:01 pm

What a horrific event. Fleeing the scene is the worst thing he could have done. WTF.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 pm

sbolduc wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:Yes, there have been several links posted about the alcohol being in the car.  The thing is, no where in what I read does say it was open or that he was drunk.  If I've missed this info, I'd like someone to point out where it is.  Could it have been?  Could he have been?  Sure.  He has a history of drinking.  

Sure it's not hard to connect the dots and assume things.  But until the facts are all in, we do not know that he is guilty of all that he's been accused of here.  

Does that excuse his behavior of fleeing the scene, holing up and having to have a warrant made for him to come out?  No.  And those actions are inexcusable and make him look far more guilty than the info we know to be fact, but again, it does not mean he actually is guilty of those things.  He should be held responsible for any and all that he is guilty of, IMO.  I can think badly of his actions while still feeling some type of empathy for him because no matter how much or little he's actually guilty of, his life is forever changed and there's a lot he'll have to accept and live with because of his actions.  And of course I feel lots of sympathy for the victims family and his own.  

We judge and post about a lot of things here, but IMO, we need to be careful with what we say and accuse him of until all the facts are in.

JMOAA

This is excellent...could not have said it any better

And I am going to add one more thing.  So I am going to give a warning and if you don't want to read this please do not scroll down.

How many of you have ever been in a bad car accident have ever had the shock of finding out the other party was not only some one close to you, but someone you maimed or killed?  Have you ever seen someone with perhaps one of their limbs  torn off? Perhaps an eye is out of their socket? Maybe teeth are lying all around. Sometime clothes ripped off or shoes are thrown off the body. People are scalped. These are all things that can put a person into shock. Blood, gore, glass can all put a person over the edge.  
But for the grace of god.

I'm sorry. I'll say a prayer for all of them tonight.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 pm

ITA on waiting for more facts before making too many assumptions. I've heard too many reports immediately after the fact that changes once more is known. I also agree that it's very possible that Chris was acting on legal advice when not leaving the house he was at. I know it's easy to say that we would co-operate with the police but it's not always in our best interest to do that (not talking resisting arrest or fleeing the scene).

I've never been a fan of CS but this is a horrible tragedy all the way around.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by beader Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:19 pm

It seems like "help" was already present--they were giving CPR--when Chris left. Leaving the scene is still leaving the scene, but it sounds like there was nothing Chris could have done to help the victim. Shock can do very strange things to a person--so can a seemingly small bump on the head. I'm not making excuses for Chris, but a lot is still to be uncovered. Praying for all involved. So sad.

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
sbolduc wrote:

JMOAA

This is excellent...could not have said it any better

And I am going to add one more thing.  So I am going to give a warning and if you don't want to read this please do not scroll down.

How many of you that have ever been in a bad car accident have ever had the shock of finding out the other party not only was some one close to not only close to you, but some you maimed or killed?  Have you ever seen someone with perhaps one of their limbs  torn off? Perhaps an eye is out of their socket? Maybe teeth are lying all around. Sometime clothes ripped off or shoes are thrown off the body. People are scalped. These are all things that can put a person into shock. Blood, gore, glass can all put a person over the edge.  
But for the grace of god.

I'm sorry. I'll say a prayer for all of them tonight.

I have, but in the reverse. When I was kid, my cousin and I were hit by a car, I got injured pretty badly, and my cousin was injured even worse than I was and the person driving the car was a family friend who's known both of our parents longer than we've been alive. He wasn't under the influence but he violated several traffic laws. The difference is that he actually didn't flee. He took responsibility for his actions right away, he stayed w/ us, got us rushed to the hospital, called both my mom & dad and aunt & uncle himself (they've all been best friends for their entire lives) and took care of all our medical expenses and cooperated with law enforcement. A big part of our recovery was how quickly we were able to get help. What if he just left us? & hid out for 5+ hours? My experience leaves me having no sympathy for Chris.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:26 pm

beader wrote:It seems like "help" was already present--they were giving CPR--when Chris left.  Leaving the scene is still leaving the scene, but it sounds like there was nothing Chris could have done to help the victim.  Shock can do very strange things to a person--so can a seemingly small bump on the head.  I'm not making excuses for Chris, but a lot is still to be uncovered.  Praying for all involved.  So sad.

Thank you for sharing - where did you read/hear this?

sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 pm

^ it's in the dispatch audio in the link above. It sounded like the paramedics saw him drive/walk off?

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3 - Page 49 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:30 pm

I have a different experience. My dad was killed by a drunk driver, he was a very good friend of my dad's. 40 some years ago. I was in my early teens. He lived on the same street we lived on.

For the next 40 some years, I watched that man dwindle to nothing. He never worked again, he was severely depressed, he wasn't able to communicate, developed all sorts of health problems, lived to mid 80's. Some say good, he deserved it, some feel compassion for someone who lived a miserable life and could never get over what he did.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Discussion - #3

+112
provenceguy
dw_a_mom
motheroffive
chi-girl
BigFanXXX