SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 11 of 84 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 47 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by albean99 Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:19 am

stuckinsc wrote:I would be excited for Caila. But I would be thrilled if they pick Jubilee. She was featured a lot for a not top 6 woman in the season sneak peak.

JoJo just doesn't do it for me, but I am not a fan of rich girl, who use mommy and daddy money to fund her impressive business. Also house flipper in DFW doesn't impress me much, this is Sean's current career too. Meeh. I am trying to stay open to like her more, but ding bat you went to Baylor, the Longhorn is Austin, not Dallas. Ben was right. JMO.

Longhorns are Dallas also and I'm not talking UT. There's a great group of statues of a longhorn cattle drive in downtown Dallas. They even have a real longhorn cattle drive in Ft Worth daily. So not so dumb imo.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:28 am

Okay, it has never been Dallas to me. But as I said, I was a San Antonio and Austin person. I am happy to be corrected. Still not loving JoJo yet. But I have no issue with others liking her. I admit, she hits my personally held annoyance buttons, that is on me not her.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:13 am

julychild wrote:"A "diverse" Bachelorette in the works for summer"- ABC boss, Paul lee

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/09/black-bachelor

I'll believe it when I see it. They will try to go the easiest route to avoid this type of stuff..

If the franchise can have a sex filled Bachelorette season, they can handle having a person of color/ethnicities as the lead. Idk how much further we're allowed to have a discussion on this topic since I think fairly recently I was told we weren't allowed to have these kinds of discussion.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:03 am

metalgirl wrote:I agree that the racial diversity we now see on TV is a good start.  But I don't think it applies for this show or potential leads.

Those people are ACTORS.  They say words that other people write.  They put on personalities that other people develop.  Shonda Rhimes & others CREATED them.

I don't think it's anything like leading this show. And I don't care what color you are if your personality sucks.

100%. I don't want to see a POC just for the sake of tokenism.

I will say that I don't think it matters when a well-liked POC is an actor or a reality star. The main argument that network execs made for such a long time is that Middle-America just wouldn't accept and connect with people who looked so different than them. That's obviously been proven false with the success of all these shows. I think it definitely gives support to the idea that a POC with the right personality could lead a reality TV show.

And, let's be real, reality TV show is like 50% acting anyways, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:09 am

nothatgirl wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I would be excited for Caila. But I would be thrilled if they pick Jubilee. She was featured a lot for a not top 6 woman in the season sneak peak.

JoJo just doesn't do it for me, but I am not a fan of rich girl, who use mommy and daddy money to fund her impressive business. Also house flipper in DFW doesn't impress me much, this is Sean's current career too. Meeh. I am trying to stay open to like her more, but ding bat you went to Baylor, the Longhorn is Austin, not Dallas. Ben was right. JMO.
Caila comes from a very wealthy background too, though. Even if her parents didn't use their connections to get her a job, they spent 400k just to pay for her HS and undergrad degree. . I'm sure both girls are working hard to build their success, but that type of privilege certainly does give you an advantage in life. To me, caila and Joelle aren't too different in that respect.

Yup, Caila comes from a very privileged background what with her dad in his Porsche Carrera and her private education. Very similar to JoJo in that respect when it comes to being raised with wealth and thus Caila using her mommy and daddy to get to even go to have the privilege of her education. So yeah, if $$$ is the difference between these two I don't see it as a difference at all, rather a similarity. Anyway, I couldn't care less about accomplishments or privilege or wealth... to me what matters is one's character not how many degrees or accomplishments one has - especially if they both came about from wealthy backgrounds.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:07 am

We can go round and round on this. I admit, JoJo pushes my personal annoyance buttons. I can safely say Caila does that for others. That is life. Being from privilege wise, they are quite similar, both had very expensive educations presumably paid for by their wealthy parents.

The differences I is see are in career post university. I see Caila working and earning her own money. Until I see proof of JoJo actually flipping a house to sold she is using the privilege to buy a career. I will stick with this, since I have said the same about Sean. If either sells a house, then I will be willing to switch them from spending others money, to having an impressive career. Again JMO.

SM wise, I see JoJo schilling product that I personally don't care for. I have yet to see that from Caila, but if I do, it will lower my opinion of her too.

I found both woman tohave trying too hard gimmicks on night one. Both followed it up with conversation that was decent.

In all honesty, these two women are very similar with minor differences. I simply have bias that pushes me to dislike JoJo, while Caila appeals to me.

I might be wrong on one or both. Only time will tell.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:17 am

I hear you. Caila pushes my personal annoyance buttons so I get that... sometimes it is just the way it is.

I can honestly say I am not that impressed with any of the F2,F3, F4 to be gushing over them or wanting to be on their Team (especially this soon and only after one episode).

So far, Amanda seems okay but I just can't respect a single mother for doing this show, certainly not as lead with two small kids. Caila looks very young and acts it based on her entrance and her hyper "so sexy/fifty shades of crazy" trying to be cutesy cute is a pet peeve of mine and grates on my nerves. JoJo has her past RFL tv stint but other than that she seems okay. So... based on that, if I had to pick from just these 3 for next Bette to watch? I'd go with JoJo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlyg Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:22 am

After I saw that article, it made me pretty sure they're picking Caila or Jubilee for the next 'ette. Caila is F3, but Jubilee was all over the place in the preview AND she's a veteran, so I could see her getting a "Juan Pablo"-like edit and then becoming the 'ette after that. That said, I'm in the "like" camp for Caila and would have no issue if she were the lead either....

kimberlyg

Female Posts : 789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 pm

I can understand that certain things push our buttons based on our own personal likes and dislikes and our own experiences. It's like beauty...in the eye of the beholder. That being said, for me, we are only one episode in when people are typically nervous and trying to make an impression. I like to let them settle in and get used to the cameras and what is expected of them.

So far, I don't really mind any of the major players. If I question any of them being the lead it is  Amanda mainly because of her baby voice and the simple fact that she has two really young children that she would be leaving for the second time in a few months. I personally just don't want to see that. I fear if we start along that path, then tptb will just up that the next time...three, four kids, etc. I just say no.

Whether JoJo or Caila, I want to see an engaging lead. I would like someone who handles herself and the contestants with dignity, has a sense of fun and kindness. I need to see more of all of these women before I decide who I really like...if anyone.

If we are going solely on someone unique and interesting for the next lead, then so far, for me, Jubilee has the most interesting backstory, but I still have to get to know her better and see how she is with the cameras. I really liked Marquel on Andi's season, but as nice a man as he turned out to be, he was a bit of a dud when it came to personality to carry the show. For me, this applies to everyone. So I will just wait a bit before declare myself in any camp.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniDiva Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:50 pm

kimberlyg wrote:After I saw that article, it made me pretty sure they're picking Caila or Jubilee for the next 'ette.  Caila is F3, but Jubilee was all over the place in the preview AND she's a veteran, so I could see her getting a "Juan Pablo"-like edit and then becoming the 'ette after that.  That said, I'm in the "like" camp for Caila and would have no issue if she were the lead either....

I hope either Caila or Jubilee have the opportunity to be the lead.  Ben seemed to like them both and they do get media time so I bet they are in the running.  That said, my opinion is contingent on how well they come across on the show once we get to know them better.  Hugesmile
MiniDiva
MiniDiva

Female Posts : 4101

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:20 am

What really bugs me about this new information is how everybody (TV exec guy, media outlets )seems to repeat that the next bachelorette will be a "diverse" one. Diverse means "composed of unlike or distinct elements", so a group of people can be diverse, but the only way a SINGLE human can be diverse is if they're multiracial , which i doubt is what they meant. By "diverse" they mean "non-white"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 pm

I really don't see how they can really say for certain that the next lead WILL not be white. That's so dumb in my opinion. There have only been 2 episodes aired. I hope they picked whoever is best for the role and not whoever is "diverse" seems pretty racist either way to pick someone JUST because of their race, so dumb. My opinion on who should be the lead has NOTHING to do with race, but with personality and likeability. Just like interviewing for a job, it should be whoever fits the role best, not based on race.

Regardless of race, just because Caila is F3 , doesn't make her automatic for the lead. In the past, when they liked an F4 better (Ali or Des) they picked her, or even someone not on the current season (Emily), or outside the F4 (Jake and Juan Pablo). I still think it's way too early to guess. Caila had the first date, so a lot more airtime than Amanda or JoJo. For all we know, they could edit Caila or anyone else in a less than positive way later on and viewers won't like them as much.

All my opinion.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 84 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 47 ... 84  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - Potential Lead - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
teamjanner
johannax
dedré
limoncello
Miyala