SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:58 pm

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it @albean99 I've never been Eastern Canada but I know it's beautiful.

I have lot's of good memories of Boston! Quebec is beautiful! My memory of my Quebec trip is still frozen. We went in the winter for the Winter Carnival. it was so cold and everyone was drunk except me. Then I went to Montreal, again in the winter for a Hockey game as if I don't dislike the cold enough. laugh out loud I went back years later to Montreal in the summer for a Jewish wedding. I loved that trip.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:23 pm

We just got back from Wildwood Crest/Cape May NJ. We have an annual vacation there for the past 25 yrs, at the same resort even the same suite of rooms. I feel like the movie "Same Time Next Year" there. So many lovely memories.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Welcome back Kasha! I love vacations or just getting away for a few days. A friend of mine had a cottage up north for years. They sold it a couple of years ago, I miss my annual cottage weekend.

I had to google Cape May NJ. It looks wonderful!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Cape May is a victorian town with lots of history. They have a lighthouse. They have a big bird sanctuary and one of the few cement boats sunk/submerged off shore. Beautiful beaches. The town has capitalized and have many B&B's and several darling shopping areas. You can take the ferry from Cape May over to Delaware and there is a nice outlet area there. It's at the very tip of NJ.
Wildwood Crest is about 3 miles north. It has probably the biggest boardwalk in NJ. So this is where we stayed for all those years. This way the kids could have the boardwalk. The beaches are probably the best in NJ, imo. I can walk out of our hotel which is on the beach and walk far out into the ocean and only have the water hit me thigh high. The beach is about 15 miles long and very, very deep.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:33 pm

It sounds like a wonderful place for a vacation, Kasha. I think it would be nice to have a place that you go back to each year.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15304

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:06 pm

We have been hoping to do your Canadian cruise for many years now. SO take great notes, Bean. I am so envious! You will have a wonderful time.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:10 am

I took my aunt to Quebec City last summer. She was visiting from Croatia and we both loved it.

I'm going to Hawaii in January. A friend and I are going to be in Honolulu for 4 days before we head out for a 7 day cruise on the Pride of America. I've always wanted to go there so I can't wait!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Junequilts Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:58 am

I was to Quebec City, a couple of years ago and the colors on the trees was spectacular. I liked it much better than Montreal.
My sister and I have another cruise planned for Feb. to the Caribbean.Going to Islands we missed last year,When we did the Eastern and Western Caribbean. 2 years ago we did a River cruise in Europe , from Basel, to Vienna . My favourite place was Lucerne, Switzerland. River cruises are much more expensive .
Junequilts
Junequilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:00 am

Junequilts wrote:I was to Quebec City, a couple of years ago and the colors on the trees was spectacular. I liked it much better than Montreal.
My sister and I have another cruise planned for Feb. to the Caribbean.Going to Islands we missed last year,When we did the Eastern  and Western Caribbean. 2 years ago we did a River cruise in Europe , from Basel, to Vienna . My favourite place was Lucerne, Switzerland. River cruises are much more expensive .

I have always wanted to do a river cruise. It's on my bucket list. The Rhine or the Danube would probably be my top picks.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:37 am

I know several that have done river cruises through France and had a wonderful time. They all sound great.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:41 am

My good friends have cruised a few times, then decided to do a River cruise. They loved it.

@Junequilts Your upcoming trip sounds wonderful!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:33 pm

I just booked our Summer trip for next year.

one week in Italy (Rome and Naples mostly) we are doing this ourselves

Then over to Spain for 10 days. I can't wait to spend more time in Seville. This is an Insight Tour and am really looking forward to Spain in depth.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2