SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:50 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:OH I remember when it got stolen. Glad you have an appointment.

I renewed mine for 10 years, three years ago now.

Yes, mine was for 10 as well and I had just got it renewed a few months before I went on vacation. So frustrating.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Geesh that's horrible.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:17 pm

My hubby got Covid right after we returned home, and still in isolation!
I used at home rapid test 5 times with 12 days and all negative. We both got second booster.
Oh, well at least his symptoms were very mild and feels very good for the past week.

No regrets taking the vacation

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:22 pm

If you ever go to Lucerne, try to stay at https://burgenstockresort.com/en
The bathroom is huge! View is amazing

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 15 8c892910
Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 15 7af32310
Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 15 Acffa610

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:24 pm

@sdmom Welcome home! Thanks for all the fabulous pictures. I hope your hubby recovers quickly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:34 pm

@sdmom Wow, those views are fabulous. Too bad about your hubby. I know several people who went on vacation and came back with covid. Fortunately, everyone had mild symptoms. Hopefully your hubby recovers quickly too.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by in2deep Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:22 am

Hi friends. Back after a long hiatus. The good news is that everyone has survived the past several years. The better news is our planned trip - first cruise - in September. Lisbon - Portomaio - Gibraltar - Ibiza, Pallarma, Seville, Barcelona, Marseilles, Monte Carlo, Tuscany, Sicily, Sorrento, Rome. DUH (remember him?) will hopefully be stable enough to only walk with a cane sometimes. I just want a veranda and a cashmere blanket and a drink in my hand.

"Reality TV is to reality what love handles are to love." - J. McGinness
Ride on! 8)
in2deep
in2deep

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:57 am

Good luck with getting your passport, @Sprite! My husband is waiting for his but is a normal renewal. He's going on an arctic crossing cruise with his brother in early September so not sure if he'll get it in time but has his Canadian passport that should be fine to use.

Cannes looks beautiful, @GuardianAngel! So cool to see the Viking ship in the locks! We're doing our first Panama Canal cruise in January. There will be 10 of us out of the 14 from our last cruise.

I hope you're husband recovers fast and that you don't get Covid, @sdmom. I'm glad you were able to have a fun trip.

That's a great itinerary, @in2deep! Enjoy your cruise!

We had a wonderful trip although both my husband & I got Covid while on our 16 day trans-Atlantic cruise. I was asymptomatic and would never have tested on my own and my husband had fever and slept for much of 2 days and had sniffles and tiredness for a couple of days after that but mild overall. 2 others from our group got it but also mild. It wasn't fun being in isolation for the last 5 days of the cruise but at least we were out in time to do our 1 day in London and 4 days in Paris which was great!

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 am

Today as day 15, my hubby finally is negative!
I always test negative.

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:15 am

in2deep wrote:Hi friends. Back after a long hiatus. The good news is that everyone has survived the past several years. The better news is our planned trip - first cruise - in September. Lisbon - Portomaio - Gibraltar - Ibiza, Pallarma, Seville, Barcelona, Marseilles, Monte Carlo, Tuscany, Sicily, Sorrento, Rome. DUH (remember him?) will hopefully be stable enough to only walk with a cane sometimes. I just want a veranda and a cashmere blanket and a drink in my hand.

@in2deep that sounds like a fabulous trip!! And I agree 100% about the blankets--they are wonderful when sitting on the veranda at night and watching the scenery go past.

Please let us know about all this when you get home. I, for one, can't wait to hear about this cruise.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:21 am

@sdmom Lucerne is just as I remembered it when I first visited in 1978! (I was a child then, right?). So glad you enjoyed your trip and sorry to hear about your husband's bout with COVID.

So many people I know have gotten COVID during their travels this year. One friend had to isolate for 2 weeks in a foreign country - only got 4 days into her itinerary. They had to stay in their hotel room for 2 weeks before they could fly home.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:23 am

We live in California's Bay Area. The news this morning had quite a detailed segment on how cruise lines are offering deep discounts now and so are much cheaper than flying somewhere on vacation. Trick is to live near the embarkation/disembarkation cities to avoid those airfares.

I am so very impatient for our cruise from London to Bergen in 2023. Only 263 days to go!

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2