SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 23 of 76 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 49 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Idlemess Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:54 pm

The built up to "love two women" was in work from what I've noticed on the Bachelor Live show. When actress Kaley Cuoco asked Ben if he was in love he hesitated and then said that he can't say...plus Chris H jumped in cutting him off.
Throughout that show, it seemed they made a point of highligting Jojo and Becca. On the night that they let the "love two women" dropped Ben looked so uncomfortable. It's a show that he has to continues playing a part however TPTB wants him to.
Ben's reaction could be in response to his F1 and how he was going to explain that twist and even to the F2 for having to relive the moment. It's a silly show but real feelings are involved whether fabricated or fleeting.

We hear constantly about the contestants being in the bubble and how can they fall so fast so easy. It's Stockholm syndrome and it is a REAL issue because the contestants are figuratively held and like puppets used to play a part with or without knowing. Think Olivia or Leah.

TPTB is a parody within its own show that capitalizes on words, themes and situations plotting . Remember that puppet show? Words come out of the puppet that he's obviously not saying. Leah's revelation when we hear in a voice over "Lauren B" and Olivia's false perceptions of being the one.

I found it funny that the minute Olivia was gone (she was used as a smokescreen) that the show quickly cast doubt on Lauren B feelings for Ben who apparently thinks he is unloveable:hmmm: Then the preview showing Ben overly confuse. Tears, tears and more tears The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 23 2292733854:tissuebox

So if anyone can get out of this show unscathed it's a miracle and when Lauren B attempts to remain real is viewed or insinuate as fake then maybe we have all fallen down the rabbit hole. :pullouthair: :crazed that's my rant.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:26 pm

bilolo wrote:Oh i don't think i'm ready to watch that, i feel for Ben.

When I read those articles, I feel for Jojo - which I think is the point and hopefully that means they're realizing the Caila love isn't happening too much so Jojo might have as much of a shot at Bachelorette. Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Isn't In Style basically just a made up trash, just throwing everything out there hoping it'll sell? They took the Us Weekly article and added some extra bits. And us weekly is TPBP mouth piece for the sl they want out there?
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Idlemess wrote:The built up to "love two women" was in work from what I've noticed on the Bachelor Live show. When actress Kaley Cuoco asked Ben if he was in love he hesitated and then said that he can't say...plus Chris H jumped in cutting him off.
Throughout that show, it seemed they made a point of highligting Jojo and Becca. On the night that they let the "love two women" dropped Ben looked so uncomfortable.  It's a show that he has to continues playing a part however TPTB wants him to.
Ben's reaction could be in response to his F1 and how he was going to explain that twist and even to the F2 for having to relive the moment. It's a silly show but real feelings are involved whether fabricated or fleeting.  

We hear constantly about the contestants being in the bubble and how can they fall so fast so easy. It's Stockholm syndrome and it is a REAL issue because the contestants are figuratively held and like puppets used to play a part with or without knowing. Think Olivia or Leah.

TPTB is a parody within its own show that capitalizes on words, themes and situations plotting .  Remember that puppet show? Words come out of the puppet that he's obviously not saying.  Leah's revelation when we hear in a voice over "Lauren B" and Olivia's false perceptions of being the one.

I found it funny that the minute Olivia was gone (she was used as a smokescreen) that the show quickly cast doubt on Lauren B feelings for Ben who apparently thinks he is unloveable:hmmm: Then the preview showing Ben overly confuse. Tears, tears and more tears The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 23 2292733854:tissuebox  

So if anyone can get out of this show unscathed it's a miracle and when Lauren B attempts to remain real is viewed or insinuate as fake then maybe we have all fallen down the rabbit hole. :pullouthair: :crazed that's my rant.    
I love your post! So now I wonder, without going back to re-watch, if all along they've purposely shown Lauren, with resting b!tch face, etc, and not in the best light? Hmmmm.... I'm curious, but definitely not enough to force myself to re-watch..... yet  :crazed. Hmmm so, well now I'll just have to be on the lookout for that now too. cheeky All along I've been thinking Ben was blinded by love and just letting his picker do his picking and getting mad at him for being so young and dumb..... Interesting question.  If Lauren really is a nice person tptb were trying to hide, it makes sense now why they HAD to fill 5 episodes with Olivia. I couldn't figure out WHY they were going to such extremes with her, poor girl. Oh my they sure are f#%*ing with my head. laugh out loud
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Isn't In Style basically just a made up trash, just throwing everything out there hoping it'll sell? They took the Us Weekly article and added some extra bits. And us weekly is TPBP mouth piece for the sl they want out there?
There is usually one mag that gets the real scope. If I am remembering correctly it can vary season to season from Us Weekly, Life & Style, etc. so it's sometimes a guess who has the real scoop.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:25 pm

US Weekly, I believe, has put out an article right before the finale which is often at least semi-reliable. IMO L&S isn't worth using as a fish wrapper.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Being fairly detached from the season, I can say this hype is really no different than it is any other. They usually try to make the lead "torn" "being in love with both" yada yada yada blah blah blah.
Some seasons I think they screw with the main's head enough that he may certainly be torn. In Ben's case, we have proof that at least one of his head's was very enamored with JoJo. Otherwise, I feel it's much the same as usual.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Being fairly detached from the season, I can say this hype is really no different than it is any other. They usually try to make the lead "torn" "being in love with both" yada yada yada blah blah blah.
Some seasons I think they screw with the main's head enough that he may certainly be torn. In Ben's case, we have proof that at least one of his head's was very enamored with JoJo. Otherwise, I feel it's much the same as usual.

:yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:35 pm

This is JMO only, but for the female leads public opinion tends to turn against them if they are seen as being unfair or excessively leading on an F2 or too conflicted at the end before getting engaged.  It doesn't usually get explained as just the norm or product of TPTB editing etc. So I think that's why I tend to disagree that's it's just business as usual to make a show with Ben. 

I think if Ben tells Jojo ILY, enjoys the FS and is an emotional wreck saying goodbye then gets engaged right afterward he deserves some flack for it.  That kind of sucks for both women, and he did it, not TPTB IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:49 pm

TPTB has a chance here to show they're not sexist if Ben's FS antics are revealed just like they were for Andi and Kaitlyn. Oh who am I kidding? They'll let Ben get a free pass and probably won't let JoJo say a thing about it at the ATFR. We can't let Ben's perfect image go down the tubes! The male leads are ALWAYS catches and don't you think otherwise. The female leads, you ask? Eh they're disposable and can be tossed aside.

JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Didn't know where to post this so hope here is ok. A long interview with CH and thoughts on Ben and evolution of this show. With Amanda's carnival date, they built the carnival and invited the whole town. Not bad
http://www.aol.com/build/519482746/
CH breaks down the last 6 girls and says Jojo is the one who defuses things and "makes things easier". He didn't say much about LB and that he doesn't think Jubilee is emotionally ready to be the next Bette.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:02 pm

bluwavz wrote:TPTB has a chance here to show they're not sexist if Ben's FS antics are revealed just like they were for Andi and Kaitlyn. Oh who am I kidding? They'll let Ben get a free pass and probably won't let JoJo say a thing about it at the ATFR. We can't let Ben's perfect image go down the tubes! The male leads are ALWAYS catches and don't you think otherwise. The female leads, you ask? Eh they're disposable and can be tossed aside.

JMO.

:yes:  Well said and I so agree.  I'm still surprised that there wasn't outrage about what they did to Kaitlyn.  The gender bias on this show astounds me especially since most fans are women.  So if they are going to throw Ben under the bus a bit for how he handled his F2, that is warranted.  It happens to the women every season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 76 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 49 ... 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+99
AmoreBella
Cinn3
Rolly
sdmom
aviej