SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by mindless Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:57 pm

I like mellow and that is what I can relate to. Hence why Becca was my favourite last season and Sharleen the year before. They seem like normal people, unlike the OTT bouncy ones who are always on for the cameras. I personally can't see what's fun about Caila for example. She didn't do or say anything that stood out to me during her date. I honestly can't remember a thing she said apart from the nervous explanation concerning her previous relationship. Jubilee is the only contestant apart from Lauren who's amused me so far. Well Emily has too, but not always intentionally. laugh out loud
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4  - Page 23 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:22 pm

mindless wrote:I like mellow and that is what I can relate to. Hence why Becca was my favourite last season and Sharleen the year before. They seem like normal people, unlike the OTT bouncy ones who are always on for the cameras. I personally can't see what's fun about Caila for example. She didn't do or say anything that stood out to me during her date. I honestly can't remember a thing she said apart from the nervous explanation concerning her previous relationship. Jubilee is the only contestant apart from Lauren who's amused me so far. Well Emily has too, but not always intentionally. laugh out loud
I prefer mellow people too, as I'm the same way, but mellow people don't make good tv. They don't make good entertainment period. Not all happy, outgoing people are OTT or bouncing off the walls. A lot of them just have contagious energy. I don't think Caila was OTT or funny per say, but she does have a happy vibe going on, which is something that attracts you to her. Honestly, mellow people CAN be boring, I admit to that as one myself. But over energetic people can be exhausting too. There has to be a balance. Lucky for the people that can have both going for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:13 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/733363/is-this-the-cattiest-season-of-the-bachelor-ever-the-ladies-sound-off

Leah, Lauren B, and Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by megaa Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:06 am

eversotrue wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it... I think its just cause she's too mellow. So, she really IS Ben 2.0, I guess laugh out loud

That's kinda what I thought when Juliet said "meh" on Lauren. I was hoping she'd go into it a little. If I remember correctly, a lot of people said the same about Ben, and worried that he'd be a boring Bachelor. He's definitely mellow.. I wouldn't say he's got the most engaging personality for tv. I think my biggest reason for liking Ben is how emotionally attuned he is. I never expected him to be with someone who was stunningly beautiful & very outgoing. He's boy-next-door handsome with a down-to-earth personality.. Lauren is girl-next-door pretty & seems pretty chill as well. I feel like they're on a similar wavelength in many ways, and especially in comparison to the other women with Ben.

megaa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:16 am

megaa wrote:
eversotrue wrote:
Actually, now that I think about it... I think its just cause she's too mellow. So, she really IS Ben 2.0, I guess laugh out loud

That's kinda what I thought when Juliet said "meh" on Lauren. I was hoping she'd go into it a little. If I remember correctly, a lot of people said the same about Ben, and worried that he'd be a boring Bachelor. He's definitely mellow.. I wouldn't say he's got the most engaging personality for tv. I think my biggest reason for liking Ben is how emotionally attuned he is. I never expected him to be with someone who was stunningly beautiful & very outgoing. He's boy-next-door handsome with a down-to-earth personality.. Lauren is girl-next-door pretty & seems pretty chill as well. I feel like they're on a similar wavelength in many ways, and especially in comparison to the other women with Ben.

I always say that people who make for boring television are the best people to know IRL. Sean, Ben, Lauren, Des....all of them bored me to death on TV, but I would probably be friends with all of them IRL.

I agree that Ben is a bit more mellow, but I think all of the male leads are to a certain degree. We haven't really had someone who was super outgoing and energetic, like a male version of Jillian or Kaitlyn, since maybe Charlie. I think that's because TPTB know that the women can carry the show with their crazy drama and personalities. On the Bachelorette, however, most of the guys are so chill you need the Bachelorette to bring the drama.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:35 am

mindless wrote:I like mellow and that is what I can relate to. Hence why Becca was my favourite last season and Sharleen the year before. They seem like normal people, unlike the OTT bouncy ones who are always on for the cameras. I personally can't see what's fun about Caila for example. She didn't do or say anything that stood out to me during her date. I honestly can't remember a thing she said apart from the nervous explanation concerning her previous relationship. Jubilee is the only contestant apart from Lauren who's amused me so far. Well Emily has too, but not always intentionally. laugh out loud
ITA.

I can't for the life of me see how Caila is interesting or cute or whatever. I know my opinion is not popular, and that's okay, but she is so immature acting with her cutesy cutesy woe is me I got the first date blah blah blah and sucking up to Elan on SM to try get him to pay attention. Sheesh. It's only 3 weeks in!! So desperate.  She needs to get over herself - she is just one of many!

As for good tv? I happen to like watching NORMAL people that are mostly considered boring on this show. Matilda was seen that way and so was Art - both my faves ever from any show. What is boring to others is sometimes interesting to me. And I'd take boring over interesting Kaitlyn types any day.  :Nod:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/180695_exclusive_the_bachelor_ben_h_calls_caila_a_sex_panther_after_an_intense_make_out_session/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&viewFull=true
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:40 am

I personally find Caila to be too young, cutesy, innocent, and princess-y. She just doesn't seem like a grown-up to me! And, I don't find her captivating to watch at all, TBH. Her date with Ben came off as a job interview to me and nothing she says in ITMs comes off as original or quirky to me. I keep waiting to see what everyone else loves about her, but I just don't see it! Maybe she'll reel me in next week with our shared love of Bollywood dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:47 am

nothatgirl wrote:I personally find Caila to be too young, cutesy, innocent, and princess-y. She just doesn't seem like a grown-up to me! And, I don't find her captivating to watch at all, TBH. Her date with Ben came off as a job interview to me and nothing she says in ITMs comes off as original or quirky to me. I keep waiting to see what everyone else loves about her, but I just don't see it! Maybe she'll reel me in next week with our shared love of Bollywood dancing.
clapping! Spot on post!Caila comes across like a child to me and a petulant one who lets the crocodile tears come when she doesn't have the attention she is used to. I too have yet to see what is so great about her! Other than her hair, I don't get it at all. And even with her hair, she annoys me with it always having to be over the one shoulder and touching it and all that. There's nothing captivating about her, imo. Nothing that makes me go, "WOW" so amazing. And I have yet to see the media look at her as an amazing thing - just the article today by ET paints Caila as a "sex panther" by Ben, which to me, she looks like a child sitting on Ben's lap like that. Just no! I didn't like it when Lauren H did that either in the one scap. Overall, I find her performance on the show (because that is what I see her doing) lackluster and nothing to write home about. hmmm
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:59 am

Mellow is fine unless you're talking about the next lead. Becca and possibly Amanda would be a total snoozefest (haven't seen enough of Amanda yet to know for sure). So far the only ones who I think would be good are Caila and Jojo. Not sure about Jubilee's personality yet. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:07 am

IMO it would be a disservice to Jubilee for her to be the bachelorette. There are some pretty deep wounds there, it seems to me and dating 25 guys (or even 6 or 7 "real" one) would be incredibly difficult. I admire her greatly and wish better for her than being lead of this show.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:08 am

I like mellow leads. Mellow leads have been and are my favorite leads ever - for both Bach and Bette shows. yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:41 am

Why no previews of Becca and JoJo's dates?

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 80 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Social Media - Vids - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #4

+92
rc49ers
casjacknick
pander3575
agentcurls
Cinn3
richmondrose
Rosepetal
luvstx
Rdjbb
Julie81
mtnlvr55