SELECT CONTENT

Joelle Fletcher - (JoJo) - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 70 of 81 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shakeitup - Joelle Fletcher - (JoJo) - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 70 Empty Re: Joelle Fletcher - (JoJo) - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by grace8136 Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:50 am

Jolena wrote:This happens in every show. We watched Chris's father favor Becca, we atched Sean's mother favor Lindsey, Jake's mother favor Tenley, One parent usually favors one and the other favors the other one. We even saw this with Andi & Josh, her mother said Joah came in as this loud excited guy. I don't think Ben's season with his parents is any different. I believe the parents already know who the F1 is at this point and I do believe that the parents are guided and alot is producer driven. jmo

IA that it happens often, but I don't think Ben's mom is acting. The only reason I find it interesting is because several rag mags have said that Ben's mom picks the winner. But, L&S has also said the winner's LCD is at Laughing Waters, so they can't keep their stories straight. jmo

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/ben-higgins-mom-chose-bachelor-winner-91141

grace8136

Back to top Go down

shakeitup - Joelle Fletcher - (JoJo) - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 70 Empty Re: Joelle Fletcher - (JoJo) - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Maggenzm Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:19 am

Oh my, this is very interesting, IMO, he really values his mom's opinion, I also agree with his mom that Jojo is a better match for him. I really enjoy their dates. He said, she brings a total different side of him, he laughs more and have more fun. Who doesn't need that? Is it Monday yet?
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 am

Monday canNOT come soon enough. One thing I keep reminding myself is that Ben is happy and if it is with Jojo; he is happy. This is supposed to be his love story.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:39 am

aviej wrote:
sophienette wrote:As for mum's opinions, I disagree. My MIL called me a French wh*re in front of all our friends at my then boyfriend's 21 party, and offered to introduce him to a "good irish girl" 2 weeks before our wedding. We have been married 14 years.

yes she is extreme, but bottom line is that I do not believe "mum knows best" in matter of love and long term relationships.

And by the way, my hubby's family is as close as it gets, their dad passed when he was a teen and he is the eldest.

MO

There may be exceptions to the rule. I don't think all mothers are like that. But generally speaking, I think it's safe to say that mothers generally have good intuition and can see things their children cannot see and they know best. But Ben's mom can be the odd one out. But certainly he should consider her point of view - this is a lifelong decision he's making. It doesn't hurt to get another opinion. But at the end of the day, he's living with her, it's his choice and I hope his parents (which I'm sure they will) will respect his decision. If Lauren is the F1 it's just unfortunate that TPTB put her through that is all.

If you have to seek other opinions about whether you should marry someone...then you shouldn't!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:50 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I would like to know the reasoning behind her choice and why was she crying when she was stating her opinion. It looked strange to be crying during that PI.

So would I GA. The only reasoning she gave was what Ben had said to her about JoJo - she mentioned nothing about having actually met JoJo or anything she saw between Ben and JoJo which seem to me to be much more pertinent than a description Ben gave of someone she'd never met.

Exactly. If I was saying I would prefer so and so for my son, I wouldn't be crying. Was she told to say that? IDK but it looked awkward that she was fighting back tears while she was saying who she would prefer.

I'm a mother to a 33 yr old son. I would tell my son that he should chose the one he prefers. Yes mother/son's IMO have a special relationship, but I would never tell him who he should marry. I have told him I didn't like a particular person he was dating, but that's his choice, his path to follow in life. Live and learn, and boy did he ever learn.

Does she actually tell Ben who she prefers or is that only in an ITM?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:07 am

Sprite wrote:
If you have to seek other opinions about whether you should marry someone...then you shouldn't!

clapping! clapping! clapping!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 am

Sprite wrote:Does she actually tell Ben who she prefers or is that only in an ITM?  

IMO what we've seen is an ITM - not an actual conversation between Ben and his mother. There may or may not have been such a conversation but up to now I don't think we've seen one.

Sprite wrote:If you have to seek other opinions about whether you should marry someone...then you shouldn't!

So true. There's no decision I think you can make that is more personal than who to marry. Letting someone else make that for you is asking for a total train wreck.
JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:10 am

Lucas15 wrote:
sophienette wrote:
Raggy 43 wrote:You would be well placed then to know that a Parent`s opinion can be a complicating feature at the  start of  a relationship

Actually no. It made us stronger. I am all for family disapproval. Worked for JP and Ashley Smiley

For the last 33 years my mother has disapproved of my wife; it has also made my relationship with my wife stronger. One lesson I learned the hard way though is never marry someone because someone else thinks they are right for you - marry someone because you think they are right for you.

Seriously Lucas, you and me are MFEO Smiley We need to go on a double date! To me my MIL is the granny to my kids and nothing more. Mark married me not to spite her, but because he felt it was right, and he defends me daily if needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:14 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Sprite wrote:Does she actually tell Ben who she prefers or is that only in an ITM?  

IMO what we've seen is an ITM - not an actual conversation between Ben and his mother. There may or may not have been such a conversation but up to now I don't think we've seen one.

Sprite wrote:If you have to seek other opinions about whether you should marry someone...then you shouldn't!

So true. There's no decision I think you can make that is more personal than who to marry. Letting someone else make that for you is asking for a total train wreck.
JMHO

But what are we hearing Ben's mom actually pick JoJo "for"? To propose to? To say goodbye to? For all we know, they worked and reworded their questions to her to get her to answer in the way that they wanted.
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:15 am

the point is that it shouldnt matter, even if he is close to his parents, their preference doesnt matter in the decision to spend life with someone. IMO (and Lucas' i think!)

Back to top Go down

Post by avacaroline Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 am

sophienette wrote:the point is that it shouldnt matter, even if he is close to his parents, their preference doesnt matter in the decision to spend  life with someone. IMO (and Lucas' i think!)

Oh, I agree! :yes: I'm just always curious about the nuts and bolts of things....
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:22 am

so am I trust me Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 81 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Joelle Fletcher - (JoJo) - Bachelor 20 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+100
nutty1
dyra
mercieme
Raggy 43
whit90