SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 31 of 79 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Seabear Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:29 pm

I like Caila....unfortunately it seems TPTB/ABC are planning to stay the course and take a pass on diversity yet again.  That said Caila's diversity is not why I wanted her as Bachelorette.  Her interesting complex personality intrigues me and I feel her season would have been a nice change from the basic bitch..rinse and repeat version of the Bachelorette that TPTB/ABC seem to prefer.  

I'll still watch whomever they cast, just like I always do.  I just wish TPTB had a smidgen of creativity or an iota of ambition to try something new.

JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 31 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by metalgirl Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:pls correct me if I am wrong but since there doesn't seem to be may Caila fans here, at least the board will be easier for the mods to maintain.

Oh, we're still here.  And we're still fans.  We just aren't making a gigantic deal about things.  And I don't see where we've done a single thing for the mods to "maintain".  What does that even mean?  Thanks in advance for explaining.
metalgirl
metalgirl

Female Posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye_Fan Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
umngirl wrote:Sure Trista was F2 but that was long before the turnaround was this quick. Since they went to the current format/filming schedule no F2 has been. Some may have been considered but never got the job.

Personally, if Jojo tries any sort of sadness and heartbreak at the ATFR it's gonna feel like a total act since she will be filming her own season just a few short days later. But I shouldn't be surprised since I've felt Jojo has been acting at numerous points this season.
Fact is though, Trista was the F2 and was the FIRST bachette.  Deanna was a "F2" as there was no F1 that year and did get the exact next bette gig.  And yes, there are other F2's that were considered for the next lead so IMO, a F2 becoming the next lead isn't too far fetched.

IMO, there was a lot more acting being done by Caila than ANY of the others there....again,, IMO

I'm not defending RS, but his reason for saying they wouldn't use an F2 again is because back then, there was quite a bit of time that had passed between the time Trista and Deanna were shown as being rejected and when they were declared the next Bachelorette. Therefore, they had time to heal emotionally in the eyes of the fans. But now that we see a rejection just days before filming starts, it is supposed to be unbelievable that they could possibly be ready to move on - even though in reality months have passed. IMO, TPTB have lots of ways to present it so that the fans can be believe that F2 IS ready to find love again.

Buckeye_Fan

Female Posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 pm

There is no indication that Caila wouldn't have been able to pull off her own season, it's all just personal opinion.  Same as thinking Jojo will be able to or that she'll be/make a great 'Ette.  I liked Caila from the little we saw.  I think she would have been different from the last few leads and change can be good, though TPTB apparently don't think so.  

IMO, the only advantage Jojo has is her family has experience in reality tv.  IMO, she'll have no where to go, but down after all the outpouring of love and fanning she'll receive after tomorrow.  Just like every lead before, she won't come out totally unscathed.  

Personally, I think a lot of Ben's girls were nice, sweet people.  Nothing against Jojo, she just does nothing for me, but don't hate or dislike her.  I'll give her give her a shot, but if her brothers or Becca make many appearance or she's OTT with drama, etc., I will quit watching and just read here.  Done it before and I'm sure will do it again.   giggling   JMOAA.

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:pls correct me if I am wrong but since there doesn't seem to be may Caila fans here, at least the board will be easier for the mods to maintain.
IMO that is a false assumption.
1) there are plenty of Caila fans on this forum.
2) IMO the moderation team is able to handle what goes on in a most efficient and fair fashion.
3) IMO we have great members that want to cooperate with forum rules and the mods and respect each others opinions.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:31 pm

sophienette wrote:Well if Caila is blindsided at not being lead, I am sorry for her!

I do think Jojo is a more exciting bachelorette, so can't wait! But let's be honest, i would watch for the guys anyway ;)
That's what I was saying when it looked like Caila was going to be the lead. I wouldn't get invested with the lead but would watch for the eye candy.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:18 am

Kashathediva wrote:1) there are plenty of Caila fans on this forum.

And to be honest - I'm one of them. Caila "won me over" on the WTA because I think she was not "over the top" heartbroken - her tinge of sadness just seemed appropriate and real to me. I'm sad (for her sake) that they set her up and pulled the rug out from under her - I don't think they needed to do that. I frankly doubt they were ever really considering her for the lead - I think they always wanted JoJo - but in order to make JoJo seem an F1 contender they needed to deflect suspicion that she would be the next lead and to do that they needed to make it seem as though the next lead was someone else. TPTB just used Caila like they will use anyone else - lead or cast - to get what they want.

I watch this forum, and when it seems as though the element of mystery over the F1 / F2 dilemma is gone, our rate of posts and lively discussion turns into crickets; I suspect it's the same out in "viewer land" and that doesn't draw viewers. Like it or dislike it - the confusion over the leads emotions up until the last moment is, IMO, a necessary component in the formula that makes this show work. Whether this mystery is caused by unexpected sex, clever ITMs, or "dueling ILYs" doesn't matter as long as it's a mystery that creates passion and makes a horse race a nose to nose photo finish - a 31 length lead coming down the home stretch doesn't cut it.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:28 am

Ladybug82 wrote:There is no indication that Caila wouldn't have been able to pull off her own season, it's all just personal opinion.  Same as thinking Jojo will be able to or that she'll be/make a great 'Ette.  I liked Caila from the little we saw.  I think she would have been different from the last few leads and change can be good, though TPTB apparently don't think so.  

IMO, the only advantage Jojo has is her family has experience in reality tv.  IMO, she'll have no where to go, but down after all the outpouring of love and fanning she'll receive after tomorrow.  Just like every lead before, she won't come out totally unscathed.  

Personally, I think a lot of Ben's girls were nice, sweet people.  Nothing against Jojo, she just does nothing for me, but don't hate or dislike her.  I'll give her give her a shot, but if her brothers or Becca make many appearance or she's OTT with drama, etc., I will quit watching and just read here.  Done it before and I'm sure will do it again.   giggling   JMOAA.
clapping! clapping!
These are my thoughts too. I stopped watching Andi mid season, same with Emily and Jef, Ben and Cortney and passed on a lot of this season's Ben and whoever he ends up with.

I would have preffered to watch Calia as Jojo does nothing for me either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:01 am

IMO when I compare the possibilities of Caila and JoJo as the possible leads, JoJo might be faster on her feet to 'run' the show, but she would also bring more manufactured drama, and I'm not a huge fan of that. I KNOW TPBP have their hand in most of the happenings, but I don't want to see it. Her brothers' hypocritical fake outrage will be laughable if JoJo is the lead.
I'd also be interested in Caila as a Filipino lead, and the different type of group of guys she'd be interested in.

I just hope Ben won't be a huge point at any time during the season.

JMHO.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:47 am

Good Morning everyone! I haven't been on the site for a long time. I read the tweet on twitter you heard it here first so here I am.
I do think Jojo as the ette is great. What I find so entertaining about this is that she is in Dallas essentially in RS backyard! So here's to RS and the 400 dozen eggs on his face for not knowing this from his very own backyard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:23 am

Spoiler boy just posted a column... no mention of GA of course, but same info of Jojo getting the job...
Colour me surprised... :gotcha: no no Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:42 am

Steve should date Caila, since they both take at least 5 minutes to get to the point. Gotta love his defensive ramblings.

I for one don't believe they waited until Thursday to inform Caila, since JoJo's been in LA for over a week now. Surely it didn't take them 4 days to get her to sign on the dotted line?
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 79 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+117
Norcalgal
jaded
tyjbachelor
sparkler
wandb
sallyny
Newto
JBF
Lennoxcolinrolland
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure
jojo47