SELECT CONTENT

Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2 Empty Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:17 am

AllAboutLove wrote:

Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2 Fleur-roses

Fleur Verhoeven
Height: 169cm  
Hometown: Waipawa

Fleur would love to work as youth worker full-time, having volunteered at an orphanage in Kenya for three months when she was 19 years old. She also loves photography and would like to dabble at some point in child and family photography. She loves writing and reading a good book. She hopes to find a man who is caring, trustworthy, easy to chat to, funny and respectful.

What is something about you that most people don’t know?
I still suck my thumb.

Describe your dream man  
Respectful and accepting towards others.

What do you think your motto will be for your time on The Bachelor New Zealand?
Most importantly - be me and also to have fun and enjoy the moment, take it as it comes.
http://www.tv3.co.nz/Fleur/tabid/5060/articleID/123723/Default.aspx

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2 Empty Re: Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2

Post by jen689 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:44 pm

Bachelor NZ Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FleurOnTheBachelorNZ

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2 Empty Re: Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2

Post by mercieme Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:25 pm

Fleur's website...the blog from Jan is interesting...it seems she just came off a relationship that didn't go so well...JMO though.

http://fleurverhoeven.com/are-you-worth-more-than-a-piece-of-poop-if-so-start-acting-like-it/

Fleur's public FB - life as Fleur blog

https://m.facebook.com/Life-as-Fleur-158842440858222/?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.954997257909399%3Atl_objid.954997257909399&__tn__=%7E

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:37 pm

@mercieme yes I saw that a while back, take a look at her her Bach FB page lots of self promotion going on compared to the others. Photos of herself in ll her cocktail dresses etc. Her personal FB has a meme of herself and Jordan as her profile pic and her cover photo is the painting by Shari.

Karina

Female Posts : 942

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:44 pm

I agree @Karina....F1's typically keep a low profile but who knows what's going with Fleur.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:07 pm

While Matilda didn't post pics of her and Art (only one on her IG) while the show aired she did post pics of her from the show on her FB as well as tweet and retweet during the show (lots of memes by The Spinoff as well). She also liked IG pics of Art and her and followed lots of fan accounts for her while the show aired too so she wasn't very low profile in that regard.

So I wonder if Fleur is F1 perhaps she feels more okay posting things since there are no rumors she won - only rumors about Storm and Rebecca thus far? Not sure. Then again she may not be F1 it may be Storm or someone else? Hard to tell... no idea
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Scout has an exclusive on Fleur...great that she has figured things out & has a great cause she is passionate out yes

http://www.scout.co.nz/EXCLUSIVE-How-Fleur-turned-her-life-around-and-escaped-the-pain-and-torment/tabid/515/articleID/13266/Default.aspx?utm_content=buffer7c88d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

How Fleur turned her life around and escaped the pain and torment

Fleur Verhoeven, one of the most popular girls on The Bachelor, has opened up about her childhood in the Netherlands, saying she felt like “the loneliest person on earth”.

Scout can reveal that the happy-go-lucky reality show star wasn’t always so. She struggled with life as a teen, saying she became “isolated” and was a “very sensitive little girl who always took on the weight of the world and felt different from everyone else”.

Fleur, 26, who moved to New Zealand in 2005 with her parents and two younger siblings, said she was tormented with turmoil as a teenager.

“As my childhood years ended and I became a teenager, the world started looking like a pretty dark place. I began to isolate myself and felt like the loneliest person on earth. I couldn’t relate to people my age and locked myself away, but I couldn’t avoid the pain.”

The comments, made on her blog, will come as surprise to fans of The Bachelor, who have watched Fleur charm Jordan with her bright personality and exciting stories of her travels abroad.

Verhoeven, the eldest child, said she hoped the family’s relocation to this country would be a fresh start for her, a chance to escape the hurt.

She explained: “I figured this was the perfect time to start fresh, a whole new life, a new me. I was so incredibly excited! I enrolled at the local high school, ready to make friends, party, have boyfriends and act like any other “normal” teenager.”

But her new life wasn’t what she’d hoped for, and she struggled to beat her demons. “I fought a hard battle and struggled to find happiness,” she said.
As a 19-year-old, the teenager left New Zealand and travelled to Kenya to volunteer in communities working with children. She thrived with the newfound responsibility, saying she felt positive and inspired.

“Although the culture shock was challenging and the homesickness tough, it was an unforgettable experience, which made me a whole lot stronger.”

Returning to New Zealand, she found it difficult to translate that strength into day-to day-life.

Verhoeven admits she suffered a number of worrying panic attacks, including a fit of terror in a McDonald's carpark. But determined to beat her anxiety, the bachelorette signed up to university, which, she said, was a real turning point.

“Like the flick of a switch everything started changing. I met some incredible people who took away the loneliness I had felt for such a long time,” she said.

“Day by day I started to change. I began to enjoy my life, I loved my friends, my newfound passion for photography, but most importantly, I started loving myself again.”

Six years on, and Fleur is a new woman.

She is now employed as a youth worker, helping children who may be struggling as she did.

“I have made such an immense leap that it still sometimes amazes me how far I have come. I’ve kicked some pretty decent azz and am proud of who I am.

“I have discovered a lot about myself and what makes me happy and started to learn more about my purpose in life: helping children and young adults get through difficult times, to find their voice, to follow their dreams and to never ever give up.”

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:47 pm

@mercieme Do you think this is the beginning of the producers setting the scene to build the viewers anticipation and regard Feur as the sweet one who has overcome many obstacles in her life ? which relates to the comment that Mike Peru made about the winner being sweet etc. I rather naively thought that the only one who had overcome great adversity and was sweet was Ceri

Karina

Female Posts : 942

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:59 pm

@Karina .... Mike Puru's comment that I remember was that the one of the girls had gone through a lot & that the nation will fall in love with her & IMO this comment was about Ceri.

I don't remember Mike Puru providing comments about the winner (aka F1) being sweet.

I will provide comments on media coverage in the SM thread.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:59 pm

I LOVED that article. What a brave woman to come out and say she's suffered from depression and anxiety.

Too often the Kiwi mentality of "she'll be right" and 'toughen up" make it hard for people to realise they are struggling and accept help. I am so very pleased and proud that she had the courage to talk about it.

At this stage i'm not sure if I want her to end up with Jordan - But as long as she is happy - I'm all good.

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:09 pm

Thank you for posting that, @mercieme yes

I also really loved the article. Fleur seems like a very lovely woman and a strong woman too to talk about what is sadly too often taboo. I noticed she liked an IG pic of suicide prevention as well recently so I think this is a cause very dear to her heart. It reminds me a bit of Sam Frost how she studied at uni for youth crisis victims and also used her background and upbringing to now raise awareness and funds for causes dealing with those issues and does even more so now on her radio show.

It seems like there are some lovely girls who have gone through some really tough times on these shows - Ceri with her domestic abuse and her speaking out and raising awareness and Heather (Bach AU S3) also speaking out about bullying she experienced.

I wish all the very best for Fleur beatingheart
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:50 pm

What a very strong young lady. She endured a lot of struggles but has come through it all. Great inspiration for others.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Fleur Verhoeven - Bachelor New Zealand - Season 2

+4
Karina
mercieme
jen689
GuardianAngel
8 posters