SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

27 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 10 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by nd4reality Fri May 06, 2016 7:33 am

This thread giggling

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

27 - Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 10 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by Beach Lover Fri May 06, 2016 10:48 am

Andi must be feeling the heat. She had favorited the tweet about moderating the UnReal event, but now she's unfavorited it giggling .

Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 11:30 am

I am no Andi fan but how different is she from Sean, Courtney, Emily, and the many others that have either penned their Bach memoirs or gone on to ride the coat of bachelor world to lucrative opportunities? In my opinion, most are the same. we may like some better than others but most fall in the same bracket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 06, 2016 11:44 am

There are many variables involved in the question you asked when you compare one cast person to another and then multiple others. 
I think for me the main thing is being nasty, disrespectful etc towards others, especially in a public way. 
I also want to remind that this is one cast person's thread and I hate to see things get off track by discussing others in this thread.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Fri May 06, 2016 11:47 am

see2love wrote:I am no Andi fan but how different is she from Sean, Courtney, Emily, and the many others that have either penned their Bach memoirs or gone on to ride the coat of bachelor world to lucrative opportunities? In my opinion, most are the same. we may like some better than others but most fall in the same bracket.

I am definitely no Andi fan. There really isn't much difference in these past contestants cashing in on their opportunity, and I can't really blame them. Although, when it's years later, it is definitely a major eye roll for me.

One of the differences for me is what their book is about. I didn't read Sean's or Emily's (or Melissa or whoever else wrote one), but the difference between Courtney and Andi to me is that Courtney was portrayed as a villan. She was crucified, whether she earned it or not. I felt she was justified in telling her side of the story, and it sort of matched with what we knew of her on the show - she spoke her mind. Andi was not portrayed as a villan. She was the "beloved bachelorette". She is now a hypocrite by kissing and telling, as she accused Nick of doing. Nick spoke spontaneously about it on TV (some think he planned it), Andi consciously is spilling the beans where it makes her look like a vindictive witch. IMO
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 am

Mustang19 wrote:
see2love wrote:I am no Andi fan but how different is she from Sean, Courtney, Emily, and the many others that have either penned their Bach memoirs or gone on to ride the coat of bachelor world to lucrative opportunities? In my opinion, most are the same. we may like some better than others but most fall in the same bracket.

I am definitely no Andi fan. There really isn't much difference in these past contestants cashing in on their opportunity, and I can't really blame them. Although, when it's years later, it is definitely a major eye roll for me.

One of the differences for me is what their book is about. I didn't read Sean's or Emily's (or Melissa or whoever else wrote one), but the difference between Courtney and Andi to me is that Courtney was portrayed as a villan. She was crucified, whether she earned it or not. I felt she was justified in telling her side of the story, and it sort of matched with what we knew of her on the show - she spoke her mind. Andi was not portrayed as a villan. She was the "beloved bachelorette". She is now a hypocrite by kissing and telling, as she accused Nick of doing. Nick spoke spontaneously about it on TV (some think he planned it), Andi consciously is spilling the beans where it makes her look like a vindictive witch. IMO

thank you for this. I havent read any of their books andI just wanted to understand why she is any different than the others. Like I said, I am no Andi fan so I wasnt defending or calling people out for their opinions I just wanted to understand the reasoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 06, 2016 12:06 pm

I actually compare Courtney and Andi's books. I think Andi is going to talk about other people's sex lives. I disagreed with Courtney doing it and will disagree with Andi doing it. 

I bought Sean's book, but not Melissa or Emily's but the impression I got was that all three were more about their story and less about throwing other people under the bus. All three did to some extent, but my to the vicious intent that Courtney used and that previews of Andi's book indicate. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri May 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Well, without having read Andi's book yet (not sure that I will, I certainly am not buying it), I think it sounds like it WILL be totally comparable to Courtney's book, which I did read. Coutney totally character assassinated Ben F. It sounds like Andi has done the same for #1, #25 & #26. Both sound like they are basically gossipy trash with the primary focus being on Bachelor BTS drama.

I did read the excerpts from Emily's book that related to Brad, Jef and Arie. So- like a handful of pages. I had no interest in her "faith journey" which is what most of her book is about. While Emily probably certainly whitewashed a lot of what happened, in no way did she throw any of her men under the bus. It was all pretty benign, and I don't think any of those 3 men could really be hurt or angry with anything she wrote. I didn't read Sean's or Melissa's books, because again, no thanks- sounds like they are all mostly about their faith. But it was my impression that none of the others are written for the sole purpose of being gossipy trash - Bachelor BTS drama- that throw other people under the bus. Their purpose is more "life journey" with a smidge of Bachelor BTS stuff thrown in.

Courtney and Andi's - that's the sole purpose. Literally just gossip. No "introspection" or "life journey" bs like the others with a little Bachelor BTS thrown in. The Bachelor BTS was the primary focus of Courtney and Andi - which is why both probably will/did sell the most and get the most online chatter. But it doesn't make me respect either girl very much. Though, in Courtney's case, she's never pretended to be anyone other than a LA model living the high life with lots of sex and gossip with the D-List celebrity scene. That's who she is, and she OWNS it. Andi pretends to be someone she isn't, hiding behind that "Lawyer/feminist" facade.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Fri May 06, 2016 2:03 pm

IMHO Courtney over shared but she took a bit of the blame on herself and didn't try to act like she was without fault. I don't see Andi doing that. I have no intentions of buying her book unless I see a free copy then I will take it just for the laughs.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Fri May 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:IMHO Courtney over shared but she took a bit of the blame on herself and didn't try to act like she was without fault.  I don't see Andi doing that. I have no intentions of buying her book unless I see a free copy then I will take it just for the laughs.

I completely agree with this. Courtney said she wasn't blameless in what happened with Ben. Andi will never admit fault in anything.

Does anyone know how much these "authors" made from writing these books? Just a quick Google search says someone might get a $5k advance and then 10% royalties for each book sold. Doesn't seem like much, maybe not even a year's salary for some people. I read where publishers are more interested in the audience an author has rather than content. Andi has a lot of followers so makes sense for the publisher to give the green light.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri May 06, 2016 3:38 pm

I don't care whether Courtney or Andi take some of the blame, what bothers me is that they're spilling private stuff that isn't all theirs to talk about. I'm not planning on reading Andi's book and didn't read Courtney's other than an excerpt that someone posted here. I don't really care about their point of view and that's what you're getting. Hopefully those who do read Andi's book will know that and not take everything as the truth. All JMO.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 06, 2016 11:01 pm

IA bean. IMO It's like reading one side of the story.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom