SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 42 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by StationWagon Tue May 17, 2016 10:02 am

GuardianAngel wrote:welcomeyall StationWagon!

Love the username! yes

Thank you!

StationWagon

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6 - Page 42 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

Post by mindless Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 am

Sheesh, the thought of reading her book is painful enough, but listening to her reading it? I'd rather jam pointy objects in my ears.

While I agree that Juan Pablo has plenty of chauvinist in him, that doesn't explain why Andi has a chip on her shoulder when it comes to all men. She seems to think they all need to be taken down a peg, or two or three, just because they're men. To be fair, I kind of felt that way too at one point after being badly burned, but luckily I got over it soon enough. There are plenty of good men out there who don't need emasculating, and I dare say you'll be hard-pressed to find one who wants it. Even if Andi did find one, she'd just label them a pussy and laugh at them with her mean girl crew. Good luck with the spinsterhood Andi!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by StationWagon Tue May 17, 2016 10:08 am

Ew, I got to the chapter where she's talking about being "horny" and the fantasy sweets. She used that word to describe herself after her break up not me. ew Ew EW!

StationWagon

Back to top Go down

Post by StationWagon Tue May 17, 2016 10:21 am

She actually says in the book about Chris Soules "The feminist in me wanted to hit it and quit it" She is a joke, wanting to "hit it and quit it" is NOT what feminism is.

StationWagon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 17, 2016 10:28 am

emusha wrote:Was looking through her quotes and excerpts and for a moment there I remembered that I had forgotten that she was in the mindset of a lawyer for a long time. Everything she writes or says in these interviews, to me, reads like a justification and like she's making a case for or against...The biggest problem with that is -- life is NOT black and white and in "pro" and "con" only. This makes her very difficult to relate to IMHO esp because she does not openly (without first jabbing at the guys) reveal her weaknesses and errors.

If this was the purpose of the book
“I think a lot of (writing the book) was kind of like to rid that embarrassment and the shame that a lot of us, especially women, feel when it comes to breaking up. You forget life isn’t perfect and social media isn’t all that real, and breakups happen and relationships fail.”

Why isn't a large part of it talking about how SHE contributed to the breakup??

The bolded is all I see from her in this book - I think she is embarrassed publicly for not ending up with someone who adores her and bows down to her and marries her because they can't live without her.

So her approach is to write private details to embarrass them back so she feels better about herself and can act happily single because she's shown the public that these guys (or I guess in her eyes any guy) are not good enough for her and they were the problem. If every guy you interact ends up being a terrible person in your eyes, maybe it's actually you who has the issues, huh, Andi? And isn't belittling people in a cruel way make yourself feel powerful pretty much the definition of bullying, not feminism? Her using the word feminist is so maddening.

So immature and really I'm starting to question if this woman even has feelings or knows what caring about another person even feels like.  I just so hope she doesn't get any more opportunities to profit out of this.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue May 17, 2016 10:33 am

StationWagon wrote:She actually says in the book about Chris Soules "The feminist in me wanted to hit it and quit it"  She is a joke, wanting to "hit it and quit it" is NOT what feminism is.  

Is this woman for real?! Feminism is not about stooping down the level of the lowest men. She is so clueless it's not even funny.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue May 17, 2016 10:42 am

mindless wrote:
StationWagon wrote:She actually says in the book about Chris Soules "The feminist in me wanted to hit it and quit it"  She is a joke, wanting to "hit it and quit it" is NOT what feminism is.  

Is this woman for real?! Feminism is not about stooping down the level of the lowest men. She is so clueless it's not even funny.

Exactly! It's like she thinks being a feminist is about acting like a bad stereotype of a man except in her mind it's only okay for women to act like that. Isn't this what #1 did to her? Hit it and quit it? I'm starting to think the only reason she even slept with #25 in the first place is because she hates men and just wanted to do to a man what was done to her. Suspect

I also had a point in my life where I thought like this. Thankfully there were people in my life who called me out on it and didn't enable my behavior.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by lilcanfroggy Tue May 17, 2016 11:29 am

This is part of something I read about the symptoms for a nacissistic personality disorder:

They have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. They may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, they may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themself appear superior.

nufff said...
lilcanfroggy
lilcanfroggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Tue May 17, 2016 11:52 am

Narcissistic and delusional describe her well.  I still can't get over her fans, and especially her mom, calling her classy. She's throwing out F Bombs left and right, talking about hitting and quitting it with Chris S. (but she doesn't want to be called a whore), and throwing every ex under the bus.

#classychick she is NOT!

Definition of classy per Urban Dictionary:
Classy
An adjective
1) meaning very stylish and elegant.
2) not crude or disgusting or dirty or depressing

Classy is not about clothes, makeup, hairstyles, accessories. It is not about being posh, or wealthy.

A classy girl is kind, gentle, sweet, empathetic, caring. She is giving, loving... she is a good person. She is polite. She has good manners and is a very pleasant person to know. She is a good friend.

You can dress classy, you can stand, sit, and walk classy, but true class is on the inside. If you gossip and insult, if you're judgmental, if you're cruel and hateful and immature, you are not classy, no matter what clothes you pick out, where you got them from, no matter how much money you have, no matter how you sit at the dinner table, you are not classy. Respect yourself and respect others and you will be classy.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Tue May 17, 2016 11:57 am

I'm not really familiar with twitter, but if I looked correctly, the people tweeting to her are all cheering for her. "Can't wait to get home to read my book", "Can't put it down", blah, blah, blah. I am stunned that she would have people cheering her on like this. I saw only one negative comment. She is so contradictory and such a hypocrite. It's mind boggling.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue May 17, 2016 12:07 pm

http://www.hercampus.com/entertainment/andi-dorfman-gets-real-about-bachelorette-breakups-her-new-book?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=entertainment&utm_campaign=traffic
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19226

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 pm

bluwavz wrote:http://www.hercampus.com/entertainment/andi-dorfman-gets-real-about-bachelorette-breakups-her-new-book?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=entertainment&utm_campaign=traffic

I find it very difficult to read interviews or listen to her. She has always talked out of both sides of her mouth. There was a quote from her in the Nick thread, about how genuine he was, and how she was sure he was looking for love. Different story in this article.

I get why people date each other within the franchise. To me, it’s a little bit incestual.

She really is lost. She has no sense of what her real opinions are, other than always trying to say the right thing. Having sex with 3-4 of the guys between two seasons, I suppose in her eyes, isn't incestual. Maybe that's a feminist who can do what they want but don't date and get married within the franchise, that's incestual.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #6

+81
BohemianNika
lipsis
Newto
MiniDiva
sdmom