SELECT CONTENT

Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima - Discussion

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima - Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:41 pm

This is a reminder that all of us are dispensable. The $25M certainly fits with the eight figures but it doesn't come up to what I read was a mid-eight figure payout.

@bluwavz For a minute, I thought that pic of David Spade had been altered by someone drawing in a mustache over his photo!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima - Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm

I can't remember where from but I heard that he got 10 mil payout. That makes more sense but still a ridiculous number, imo. I expect that they have a non-disclosure clause built in.

I'm not surprised that the numbers are down although do think that the NBA/NHL playoffs have got to hurt. There are people defending CH and saying they won't watch although I imagine there are a lot who'll watch anyway and some who might watch because he's gone.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:42 pm

I am not gonna cry over CH. he has a wine business, a clothesline, TV shows and probably several unknown investments.

Also I bet we’ll see a book published after the legal silence deal….

He was never a friend to contestants and admitted he enjoyed seeing them struggling because it made a good show. I never liked his jaded attitude and always had this smirk on his face when contestants and leads cried…

Bye CH.

JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm

I watched the first episode , just wasen't the same without Chris. Honestly don't have much of an interest to continue watching and I didn't like them having the two girls as host. It seemed more like Katie's night out with girlfriends then hosts of a show., and from the season preview it looks even worse., and now they want to explore different hosts for Paradise with Hollywood actors & comedians . IMHO the only person who maybe could've gotten away with hosting (both Paradise & Bachelor/ette that most viewers would've probably liked is Wells. He's been not only a contestant but a part of the Paradise show for years . jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by just me Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:15 am

Jolena wrote:I watched the first episode , just wasen't the same without Chris. Honestly don't have much of an interest to continue watching and I didn't like them having the two girls as host. It seemed more like Katie's night out with girlfriends then hosts of a show., and from the season preview it looks even worse., and now they want to explore different hosts for Paradise with Hollywood actors & comedians .  IMHO the only person who maybe could've gotten away with hosting (both Paradise & Bachelor/ette that most viewers would've probably liked is Wells. He's been not only a contestant but a part of the Paradise show for years . jmo
My opinion is the same as yours. I have lost interest in the show but still check here for past contestants that chose someone and are still together.
just me
just me

Female Posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:22 pm

For me, it was never about Chris but about the bachelors and bachelorettes. I liked him on the show but I don't think he's indispensable. I'm sure it will get less strange with others hosting as time goes on. JMO

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:30 pm

For me the show was never about Chris and I didn't really like his attitude, especially in the latest seasons. He seemed checked out. I probably won't watch any of Katie's season because I'm kind of over the way Instagram and social media generally has killed anything ~genuine and real~ about the show. But I think CH being gone might actually re-energize the show and improve it, but I think there'll be some teething problems while they soft relaunch until they get a new permanent host.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 am

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1405899578893864960?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:12 am

Seems as if the author of the Variety article did their homework and reported based on as many facts as could be gathered. Chris appears publicity hungry in this article - beware "don't bite the hand that feeds you". And if he's accustomed to making $5 M per year, good luck maintaining that lifestyle on a mere $10M payout.
We are all dispensable at work, despite what anyone tells us. Be happy with your life outside work as it will sustain you far longer than sucking up to a job for a fat paycheck.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:49 pm

That's quite a detailed article. It sounds to me TPTB knew exactly what they needed to do and rather than firing him, strung him along until he realized there wasn't any hope.

@Norcalgal IA just like any other company who makes it difficult for an employee until they can't take it anymore and resigns.

Insiders familiar with discussions say that Thurston spoke to Harrison directly, informing him that she would not feel comfortable starring as “The Bachelorette” if he was involved due to all of the controversy surrounding him. This conversation upset and hurt Harrison, according to a person familiar with their chat.

I find it hard to believe Katie picked up the phone and called CH on her own.

Variety

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:10 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:That's quite a detailed article. It sounds to me TPTB knew exactly what they needed to do and rather than firing him, strung him along until he realized there wasn't any hope.

@Norcalgal IA just like any other company who makes it difficult for an employee until they can't take it anymore and resigns.

Insiders familiar with discussions say that Thurston spoke to Harrison directly, informing him that she would not feel comfortable starring as “The Bachelorette” if he was involved due to all of the controversy surrounding him. This conversation upset and hurt Harrison, according to a person familiar with their chat.

I find it hard to believe Katie picked up the phone and called CH on her own.

Variety

Agreed. There's no chance. It would have been completely facilitated by tptb (assuming it happened)
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by frajosfanofchris Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:51 pm

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima - Discussion

+43
provenceguy
jen689
pavalygurl
Aunties_Love
just me