SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Page 27 of 46 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 36 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by coolangel Mon May 15, 2017 12:29 am

Nick's season seemed sexual in nature coz it was really Corinne's season and she is sexual IMO. laugh out loud laugh out loud With the exception of Corinne, I don't remember anyone leading with sex. Even Jasmine's chokey was a last minute change to a sexual reference IMO.

Nick was clear that he was looking for a strong women who could hold conversations IMO. A few women even referenced that during/after their elimination that they couldn't understand why they were being eliminated when that was what they were bringing to the table - Dominique for example. Many of the women on the season have confirmed that Vanessa was the one who would hold Nick's attention in any room she was in and she wasn't leading by her sexuality. So Catherine should probably watch the season properly before making sl*t-shaming comments which have no basis in reality IMO.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 27 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 12:30 am

They have just become boring and stale, the only attention is putting the baby everyday on IG. IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 am

Catherine could have worded things better (like not saying that Sean wanted "nice girls" as if there weren't nice girls on Nick's season) but I do think some of the women might have gotten the idea that they'd get more attention from Nick if they showed their sexy side (Corinne especially). I'm sure that was part of the reason they picked Nick because it would cause more drama. Having said that, I do think that Sean & Catherine come across as thinking they're above some of the others in Bachelor Nation. JMO of course.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Mon May 15, 2017 12:43 am

There was a lot of innuendo and sex talk and girls thinking that leading with sexuality was the way to get his attention (partially because of how he's portrayed himself and partially how he's been portrayed by the show) and he definitely entertained that sort of thing and it wasn't just Corrine because I remember noting that during the season.

Really, because I am having a hard time remembering any other woman during that season who led with her sexuality and sex. And well let's face it, it's not like most of them got any screen time with Corinne hogging it all thanks to the producers' irrational obsession with her.

But far as I remember, Danielle M. who got the first 1 on 1 did not; yes Danielle L. showed a lot of cleavage but I wouldn't say she came off sexually aggressive; Vanessa was too busy trying to not make the situation make her crazy to lead with her sexuality; Rachel also certainly did not do that. Raven had her awkward story of finding her ex in bed with a woman and later sharing about her non-orgasm but the latter didn't happen until F3. Kristina talked about having to eat lipstick to try and not starve. Not exactly trying to get his attention with sex there. And most of the other women were virtually invisible.

I don't disagree that the producers played up the sexual narrative with springing the former one night stand on Nick and of course encouraging much of Corinne's antics. But while they might have wanted us to believe that Nick was just this crazed sex fiend, many of his choices and the women he kept to the end belied that notion in my opinion.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Mon May 15, 2017 8:54 am

Nick's F1 choice and Nick brought Imo some of the most 'real' conversations I've ever seen on this show. The only woman 'leading with sex' was Corinne, IMO, and she was going to do that for any lead, because she wanted the screen time, IMO.

I'm just tired of this 'nice girl' vs sexually active girl idea. Imo being nice has nothing to do with weather you're sexually active or not. Imo Catherine herself doesn't come across as very nice many times, and I have no clue about her sex life.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 am

Not that I care one whit about the past Bach and his choice but Ofsean should just stfu and go back inside the home, where she belongs. Doesn't she know she's not allowed to speak in public without her home leader present? Good lord. Outta control.  IMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 15, 2017 9:59 am

@Alanna
rofl cantstopl OfSean. I just finished re-reading that book within the last month. Technically she's the blue lady, but then technically she spawned. Spawning what a nice appropriate word in this situation.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon May 15, 2017 10:01 am

I'm amazed at Cat's transformation for Sean. Initially I thought Sean gave this interview because I skipped ahead to 'Lowe said.' I secretly held out hope that she was more open minded and less sanctimonious than him.

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 27 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 am

I'm just laughing at the entire premise that 1.) bachelors have control over edit. 2.) you can tell Sean was looking for nice girls vs Nick looking for what? hookers?

I guess Sean's shower scenes were all his own idea and were only done to emphasis cleanliness not sexuality. Ok, gotcha.

Last edited by BKay on Mon May 15, 2017 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Mon May 15, 2017 10:23 am

Also, admittedly I didn't watch his season because I found Sean smug and annoying from Emily's season but didn't one of the contestants at the WTA claim he tried to sleep with her or did sleep with her or something?

Granted I got the impression most dismissed it as her being full of crap but it's just proof that this show is essentially an entertainment show first and foremost and all the producers really care about, no matter what intentions the lead supposedly has.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Mon May 15, 2017 10:25 am

^ I don't think so. I think someone (Ashlee?) accused him of saying he was gonna choose her or something.

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2 - Page 27 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 15, 2017 10:27 am

If we are going to talk about a sexual season, Bachelorette 11, female, lead, her friend, who had sex multiple times with contestants, is considered a nice girl? I'm not saying she wasn't I'm just comparing what her definition of "nice girl" is suppose to be and the lack of thought IMO of her opinion.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 46 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 36 ... 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion #2

+66
eliza3
ddsmom17
SunnyRachel
maya213
Babescake