SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 1 - Premier May 23rd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 1 - Premier May 23rd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 1 - Premier May 23rd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by casjacknick Fri May 27, 2016 2:52 pm

I remember on Emily's first night the guys were very complimentary on her looks. You're so beautiful and cute and pretty and I think awesome? It was kind of funny she didn't really know what to do with it and it was all very superficial. I do remember her liking 1f because he wasn't tripping over himself to compliment her.... but I don't really see the Jo^3 story being he plays hard to get and so she tries harder. They both seem to be into kissing (Emily and Jef didn't kiss until like episode 5 or something crazy and that girl kissed A LOT of guys). However, Jojo should NOT aspire to be Ms. Emily. That was not a universally like season and ultimately did not end well. At all.
Oops edited to add this is all very much my own opinion on Emily and her season and Jojo and her season.
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 1 - Premier May 23rd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 36 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 1 - Premier May 23rd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Fri May 27, 2016 3:02 pm

casjacknick wrote:I remember on Emily's first night the guys were very complimentary on her looks. You're so beautiful and cute and pretty and I think awesome? It was kind of funny she didn't really know what to do with it and it was all very superficial. I do remember her liking 1f because he wasn't tripping over himself to compliment her.... but I don't really see the Jo^3 story being he plays hard to get and so she tries harder. They both seem to be into kissing (Emily and Jef didn't kiss until like episode 5 or something crazy and that girl kissed A LOT of guys). However, Jojo should NOT aspire to be Ms. Emily. That was not a universally like season and ultimately did not end well. At all.
Oops edited to add this is all very much my own opinion on Emily and her season and Jojo and her season.
Thanks. I wasn't talking about the girls themselves or "aspiring" to be anything though. I meant how the guys REACTED to them. I was reading that the men were genuinely super intimated with those two ETTES compared to every other ETTE. But I was also reading that a big difference between the two girls is that Emily came off very polished and kind of uptight whereas JoJo came off very approachable, sweet, and cool.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri May 27, 2016 3:13 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I was reading another forum and they were comparing how the guys were around/about Emily to how the guys were around/about JoJo. That they were genuinely freaked out and nervous because their bachelorettes were so out of this world breath taking. I don't really remember how the guys acted on Emily's premiere/season, especially compared to JoJo's, so can someone please give me some comparisons and differences?

I think a huge difference between this season is there are more geeky looking guys. I can not remember a season where so many of the guys were average to homely looking in my subjective opinion. I thought Emily had a lot of good looking guys, in comparison and again subjective.
Anyway, getting back to point, the guys in JoJo's season may have felt more out of their league. Kind of like the Big Bang Theory in Leonard marrying Penny.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by casjacknick Fri May 27, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah, Kasha, I have to agree with you. I, too, feel subjectively a LOT of the guys are out of Jojo's league. I also believe a personality can change my perception of attraction and I feel like the little glimpse I saw of their personalities did not help these guys move any closer to Jojo's league. All just my opinion though.

Love loves to love love. James Joyce
casjacknick
casjacknick

Female Posts : 1484

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri May 27, 2016 3:20 pm

I see no comparison's between the guys on Emily's season and those on JoJo's season. Emily was a blonde bombshell, those guys were in la la land when they met her.

During JoJo's premier, I can't even remember how many said she was beautiful, IMO not nearly as many as with Emily. Also during Emily's season, I remember they showed a lot more ITM's going gaga over her pretty much all season.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri May 27, 2016 3:31 pm

I don't necessarily find JoJo's guys unattractive, it's just there's not one guy this season where I'm like "whoa he's smokin' hot". Where's the Arie or Roberto this season? I find some of JoJo's guys above average but none of them are really wowing me with their looks. Last season I found most of Kaitlyn's guys very attractive with only a couple double baggers so this season's crop is disappointing to me on an eye candy level. Personality definitely boosts up a guys' attractiveness for me but I wasn't really wowed by any of their personalities either. cheeky

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 27, 2016 4:32 pm

bluwavz wrote:I don't necessarily find JoJo's guys unattractive, it's just there's not one guy this season where I'm like "whoa he's smokin' hot". Where's the Arie or Roberto this season? I find some of JoJo's guys above average but none of them are really wowing me with their looks. Last season I found most of Kaitlyn's guys very attractive with only a couple double baggers so this season's crop is disappointing to me on an eye candy level. Personality definitely boosts up a guys' attractiveness for me but I wasn't really wowed by any of their personalities either. cheeky

All JMO.

Well, it's a little hard to show personality when you get shown for 30 seconds or so during the first episode...unless you are some real whacko. Not to mention, they are all still getting used to having the cameras in their face. It takes a few episodes for me to get to know them a little bit.

For me personally, I'm finding this group better looking than Kaitlyn's, although in both cases the F1 is no. I don't think the guys seem particularly overwhelmed/intimidated by JoJo and I don't think she is in any way out of their league. Why should she be? To me she is pretty average looking, although she does have a nice body...with the aid of some enhancements.

Like every season...even Emily, who was supposed to be the hottest bette ever...some guys like/are attracted to the lead and some not so much. Even some who may have been attracted initially, lose interest as they get to know the lead and/or she ignores them and zeros in on one or two guys. As with everything, tastes vary and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 pm

That's fair about their personalities. Again I don't think this crop is unattractive but I still prefer Kaitlyn's guys because I feel like they each had a distinct look. This season I have trouble telling the F4 apart in screencaps. They all kind of look the same to me.

I do agree about Emily. The guys may have been in awe of her the first night but by the end of her season I feel like she only had a few guys who were genuinely into her just like the more average-looking Bachelorettes.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 pm

bluwavz wrote:That's fair about their personalities. Again I don't think this crop is unattractive but I still prefer Kaitlyn's guys because I feel like they each had a distinct look. This season I have trouble telling the F4 apart in screencaps. They all kind of look the same to me.

I do agree about Emily. The guys may have been in awe of her the first night but by the end of her season I feel like she only had a few guys who were genuinely into her just like the more average-looking Bachelorettes.

All JMO.

As I said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I do agree, this bunch does kind of meld together looks wise. I think it is all the beards and that Alf hairstyle they are all sporting that makes them look alike. I'm seeing guys with this look everywhere these days. (One of the guys I work with got that hairstyle and grew a beard after watching Shawn on Kaitlyn's season.) Hopefully, they will begin to differentiate themselves as we get to know them better as the season progresses. They might even start looking more attractive as we get to know and appreciate their personalities.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri May 27, 2016 7:23 pm

See I think I see Robby as much hotter because of my appreciation for his humor pre-season. So already true for me.

Funny Emily was the least attractive Bette to me. The pretty wrapping covered a blank brain and an empty soul, IMO. Emily is better now because she is copying Tyler's personality and he seems very good. I think Emily is pretty blank so she ends up heavily influenced by those around her.

Andi is much worse now, but at the start of her season I still had hope for her. Now I see her as the narcissistic, toxic whorebeast and I honestly think she is beyond redemption because she will never allow anyone strong enough to help her to get professional help to be anywhere near her.

I think JoJo is better than both. I don't see what others hate about her, maybe I will over a full season. But for now I see a pretty girl (she is very Lucy Hale to me) with a smokin hot body, a decent sense of compassion and she is very good in front of the cameras when she is being natural. To me she is all Trista was supposed to be without the irritating as all h*** baby voice.

All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 pm

I don't think anyone hates JoJo. At least I don't. I think she's a nice woman. She just isn't my type is all.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri May 27, 2016 8:06 pm

bluwavz wrote:I don't think anyone hates JoJo. At least I don't. I think she's a nice woman. She just isn't my type is all.

All JMO.

I know I criticize her a fair amount, but I don't hate her. I just don't care for her. She doesn't do it for me. I don't find her genuine. She seems to rehearsed and OTT in her mannerisms. That being said, it is too early for me to say how she will be as a lead. She could be like Ali for me. While I didn't particularly care for her, I thought she was a good lead. Or she could be like Ashley, who drove me nuts during Brad's season because she was just too perky, but who I really enjoyed as lead. Or she could be like Emily and Andi, who I didn't like from the get go and things never improved...and in Andi's case, went down hill even more.

FYI -- I don't hate anyone in real life so it would just be silly for me start hating on people from some stupid show that I don't even know. It's just fun for me to speculate and to see if my observations turn out to be correct. Hence my partytime about Andi confirming all I ever thought about her. (We need a woman dancing emoticon.)

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - Epi 1 - Premier May 23rd - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+58
missnana
BlackHalo
Longhornfan
traveler90
Cjr0204
mindless
heather_m_s
exmrsbundy
jen689
MyWay143
Seabear