SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 15 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by Mustang19 Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I would be curious to know exactly how many negative comments were deleted across the SM universe.

She's one big #2 IMO.

Just went and looked at her IG for the NYT best seller. There is one negative comment at the end. Let's see how long that takes to get deleted. giggling
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 15 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

Post by MiaHawk Sat May 28, 2016 12:53 am

The fact that her book is in the nonfiction catagory is laughable.

Could it be that she hit the best seller point because they are including all of the "buy one get one free" copies? Wasn't there something posted upthread about her doing a deal like that. I figure it was done to get rid of all of the books that they know they will never sell.

Also, Kasha, didnt you post something recently about the NYT Best Seller list and what that really means, and its not really as meaningful as it sounds. Sorry, if I am remembering incorrectly.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 28, 2016 9:58 am

You are correct Mia.
It is very status worthy to be on the list. It has little to do with actual sales.
Note she did not make the list in nonfiction print at all.
The only reason she made the category print and e-reader was she was high with e-reader coming in at number 2.
There are many promotions on amazon to discount or freebie e-reads. So there is no way to know other than publisher's stats how many copies were actually sold.
Then there are the bootleg/hack sites where you do not even have to pay. I don't know about them personally, but I do have close friends that do and will toss my a new off the press book for free every now and then.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 28, 2016 10:06 am

Sorry for the double post. I did not want to make a novel. ^^
I was looking for the link you wanted Mia and found something else. Isn't this the great thing about sleuthing.
FORBESSOURCE
I will give a baskin-robbins sample of the article. But I encourage reading the article to put this baby to bed for once and for all.
“It’s no wonder few people in the industry want to talk about bestseller campaigns,” he writes “Put bluntly, they allow people with enough money, contacts, and know-how to buy their way onto bestseller lists.”

And simply because I could not believe anyone would actually stoop that low, I found another article indicating it's done and more than what I thought.
It worked. In early 2012, Real Marriage made it on the New York Times best-seller list for one week, which allows Mark Driscoll’s official biography to boast, “Pastor Mark is the author of over 15 books, including the #1 New York Times best-selling Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together, co-authored with his wife, Grace.”
Kashagonnawriteabook

Again sorry for double posting.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat May 28, 2016 11:52 am

I could see daddy Hy buying Pookie as best seller. We are fairly certain he has enabled her to not work an actual job for coming up on 3 years in September.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshswife Sat May 28, 2016 6:47 pm

I love that Elan is plugging someone else's book on his Twitter and hasn't mentioned Andi's at all. I really hope the rumours are true and Josh gets on BP just to piss Andi off. He could have 2 shows out that he could trash her on. Her IG is laughable with some of the comments on there, she's obviously deleting all of the negative comments as fast as they get posted

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat May 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Interesting about Elan.  

Since this is Andi's thread, I don't want to go too much into Josh, but... We don't now yet what was said on FS, but if he chooses to go on more shows with the intentions of trashing her, he's no better than she is, IMO.

No matter what she's said and done to/about him, that does not give him the right to trash her openly without receiving the same type criticism, IMO.  I'm not a fan of any of these people.  I tend to like him a teeny tiny bit more than her, but IMO, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.  JMOAA.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 28, 2016 7:14 pm

Nice post LB82. I T A.
Elan is taking the high road. Good for him.
The older I get, the more I realize some things are best left unsaid. Silence says so much.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshswife Sat May 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Elan seems closer to Josh then Andi that may be why he's not helping her in anyway. Or it could be because they may want Josh on BIP so they don't want to upset him.

I wonder what Andi is going to do after this? She's doing ads for Palm Bay today on her IG today

Joshswife

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat May 28, 2016 11:09 pm

stuckinsc wrote:I could see daddy Hy buying Pookie as best seller. We are fairly certain he has enabled her to not work an actual job for coming up on 3 years in September.

Hy either has a room filled with thousands of the book or he put that shovel of his to good use.
He sooooo bought his Pookie the Best Seller status.  Right out of the Dorfman playbook.

Thank you, Kasha, for those links.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 28, 2016 11:18 pm

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the meet and great book signing at the JCC in Buckhead, Atlanta. LOL I can only imagine,cantstopl being part of that culture and age group. I drop the f bomb too often and have to monitor myself in civilized company. I can only imagine. cantstopl

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sat May 28, 2016 11:49 pm

She is lucky to be living in NYC where nobody gives a chit.
After this book, she may never be allowed back into Buckhead. (Cant help thinking...with the change of just 1 letter... Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7 - Page 15 3806527698 )
She's going to have her Southern Belle card revoked, for sure.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - #7

+93
tiger
tigertiz
happygolucky
AllAboutLove
aviej