SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

Post by SueSt Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Maddy wrote:Kristen Baldwin ‏@KristenGBaldwin
The season's tagline: "He literally can't lose this time."

hehe. I wish it were true.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

Post by SueSt Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Maddy wrote:Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 41 CrN4wZfW8AAwvTz
FLARE Magazine ‏@FLAREfashion  19m19 minutes ago
.@sharleenjoynt on why @viallnicholas28 as Bachelor is "just what this franchise needs:" http://ow.ly/B3vR303M5Cq
sharleenjoynt wrote:Remember on Chris Soules’ season, when post-finale they dropped that “double Bachelorette” announcement? That was all anyone was talking about, NOT the newly engaged, happy couple. The announcement ITSELF was even more dramatic than an already hyper-dramatic episode, trumping it entirely. Last night was a bit like that. Like, I made my usual notes about the episode—which for the record was hyper dramatic—but the After Paradise announcement that Nick will be the next Bachelor was so explosive that I don’t really want to talk about anything else.

First of all, this was one hell of a genius move on the-powers-that-be’s part. The shock value alone had to be one of the great appeals of this choice (the others I will get to in a bit) because if you think about it, arguably the most valuable trick up their sleeves is just that: shock value. We as an audience lose interest quickly and easily. Watching even remotely similar storylines and drama GROWS tired, and gimmicks (the gossip magazine episode from JoJo’s season comes to mind) have one-and-done shelf lives. Unpredictability is crucial in keeping us tuning in. Case in point, I had more than one friend text me that they hadn’t planned on watching next season—they’d all yawned at the prospect of a season led by one of the usual suspects, plucked from the previous Bachelorette’s final four—but this twist was just what the doctor ordered to keep them tuned in.

Surprise factor aside, there are so many things I love about this. And though friendship may be tinting my lens slightly, I’ll do my best to make sure this isn’t coming with a side of bias. Firstly, I truly believe the familiarity viewers feel with Nick will result in a more invested, interactive viewing experience. Nick has proven DIFFERENT from the cookie cutter Bachelor time and time again. He states his opinions even when they’re unpopular. He has real conversations with people. Perhaps my favourite, especially as a platonic female friend of his, he doesn’t only see women as potential romantic partners. (How many platonic, quality advice-laden conversations have you seen him have with women on Bachelor in Paradise? It’s come to the point where Andy jokes—affectionately, of course—that Nick is this season’s gay friend.) I for one am looking forward to watching him differentiate between friend and lover, hearing him articulate in his ITMs why he likes one woman over another. Nick is polarizing because he’s different, and that differentness is just what this franchise needs.

On a purely practical level, if the goal of this show really is a happily engaged couple that eventually walks down the aisle, it makes sense to have a Bachelor in his mid-30s. It just does. Not only will the women cast be slightly older and better equipped for “forever,” there’s an emotional maturity that comes with those extra years. There’s a more sincere desire to find and settle down with a partner and not play the field any longer. (I realize this is a blanket statement and am not insinuating the younger Bachelor couples won’t last. I’m just saying, in my and my friends’ experiences in a big city, it’s proven true time and time again.)

Finally, say what you want about Nick Viall (he’s heard it all), the man is a hopeless romantic. I distinctly remember talking to him directly after he’d filmed Kaitlyn’s season. He’d just been broken up with at Final 2 (AGAIN) and was sincerely ruined. He was heartbroken and confused; he’d gone into it with “open eyes” as he put it, without the naïveté of a first timer, yet still managed to get blindsided. I asked him if now he thought the whole thing was BS, if he didn’t believe in it (partly because, in some ways, I didn’t). His answer? He still thought it could work, still believed in the show, still believed HIS LOVE story was out there. Part of me was in disbelief at this unfounded certainty, but the other part of me admired that kind of blind hope. Whether you agree or disagree, think he’s a hopeless romantic or just an idiot, you have to respect that kind of conviction. And though I still identify as a skeptic regarding this franchise, I fully believe in Nick.

Thanks for the post, Maddy. I love that Sharleen is on Nick's side and will be blogging with hope and anticipation alongside our watching!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:48 pm

She has such good insight! Love how articulate she is and what a great friend she is to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:05 pm

BKay wrote:She has such good insight! Love how articulate she is and what a great friend she is to him.

:yes: She has always defended the genuineness of his intentions. Love her beatingheart

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:44 pm

Joy15 wrote:
happygolucky wrote:My dears ... if anyone from Nick's family reads this thread ...
I thank you in the name of all ...
that you let us write whatever we want. Hugesmile

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 41 3806527698

handwave hi family..

regarding my  POLL - it still open, btw  giggling- im sure beard or no beard he can do/go no wrong :

- technically, he can NOT be the runner up
- he has done ALL, as if Triathlon  giggling. Bachelor Trifecta : Ette 2x, BIP 1x, Bach (almost) 1x. Someone on SM cracking me up saying: somewhere ..Chris Bukowsky asking the earth and heaven what possibly he did wrong... cantstopl
- he can NOT getting his heartbroken this time around. Im anxious to see his reactions to possibly breaking the girls's hearts though... Upset
btw from the look of BIP promo for next week, he got so emotional when meeting Jen
- Neil Lane will be stoked to meet him and vice versa #3rdtimesacharm #NViallJewelleryLine  Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall -  FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20 - Page 41 2498057887

First and foremost....gonna borrow this hashtag from ugsglowkiss (sorry for mispelling giggling ) i am  #TeamNickFindsTheOne yes

No worries, I might have to create an online shrine for this purpose. #TeamNickFindsTheOne :yes: ukgk, xx
ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by ukglasgowkiiss Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:00 pm

ukglasgowkiiss
ukglasgowkiiss

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Can this fan thread be put with all the other Nick threads?

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:07 pm

GA will have to deal with that. Why don't you send her a pm?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Kashathediva wrote:GA will have to deal with that. Why don't you send her a pm?

Will do!! thumbsup

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:32 pm

It will be moved after BIP and the title will change. I have to create a new Fan Forum Category and make room for future fan threads. Once we sleuth contestants and they are released, I'm sure there will be more Fan threads.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:35 pm

nutty1 wrote:Can this fan thread be put with all the other Nick threads?

Love your avi, nutty!
Our boy is the Bachelor!!! High clap

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy15 Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:25 am

notarose wrote:
BKay wrote:She has such good insight! Love how articulate she is and what a great friend she is to him.

:yes:  She has always defended the genuineness of his intentions.  Love her beatingheart

:yes: :yes: . She truly is one of a kind. A gem. She has defended him while she hasn't even met him and be friends with him.

To this date, i still think Sharleen is his perfect match, if not his soul-mate/kindred spirit. giggling. IMO she is the type of woman Nick needs.

See...

from the inside : she is confident, intelligent, articulate, assertive," non-conservative" and opinionated just as Nick,  driven, thoughtful, respectful, graceful, full of empathy and compassion while keeping the fun, witty, silly, goofy, adventurous side of her intact.

from the outside : she is classy, gorgeous, and sexy as hell  giggling

too bad this Andy guy has snatched her first :bigsigh:. Oh well...hopeful Nick will find his own Sharleen on the show  Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 21 - Nick Viall - FAN Forum - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #20

+64
cookielover12
crunchycheeto
whit90
mprssdbyu
GuardianAngel