SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 14 of 67 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:21 pm

They are fine when the person come in because chances are they know them, family friends. It's just that initial knock!

laugh out loud re curfew. So true. They are so precious, it's hard to believe they are my first pets. I've never had a pet before in my life. I got the first one, almost 10 yrs ago! and three years later I had to get another one. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 14 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:59 pm

There is something about our furry friends. Smiley So much love for them.
I have my grand poodle Lester about 30% of the time. He just turned 4.
DH and I pleaded with daughter and SIL not to get a puppy on return from their honeymoon 4 yrs ago. They both worked and lived in a Manhattan high rise. Fast forward, a move out by us and a baby now and Lester is my adopted son. PINKHEART

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:53 am

So happy for you and your baby Kasha. We can't but love them since they bring us so much joy...even when they are a little naughty. Both my dog and my cat are 13 and I would love to get another but I compromised and started fostering instead. :Bendog

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:13 am

That's so kind of you @Sprite. There are so many that need homes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:43 pm

I am having a rough day. I have a stray cat (kitten really) that adopted me. I think she is about 8-9 months old. I live on a small bit of land, so this isn't new, but this one is just so sweet. She herself had kittens on Mother's day. I call the mama Nacho. For the last couple of days, she has been very lethargic, and seems to have lost so much weight in the last couple of days. She is literally a skeleton with fur. She won't eat or drink, and only comes around to nurse the kitties about once a day. They are eating food now, so that's not a problem. I took her to an emergency vet two days ago, and they can't really figure out what is wrong. All of her blood work is wonky, and getting worse. They ruled out feline FIV and leukemia. I HATE to be the person to make a decision on whether another living creature lives or dies. I love them all. I have to call back this afternoon to give a decision. Please keep Nacho in your thoughts/prayers please.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Aw I'm so sorry. Prayers and thoughts for Nacho. sad
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Oh. Poor little kitty. beatingheart

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Oh sooo sad. sad What could it be if the vet doesn't know? Keep us posted on Nacho.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:57 pm

I'm sorry to say, Nacho crossed the rainbow bridge. GA - the vet didn't know. He ruled out some things with blood work. Without doing more extensive testing, which he wasn't even sure she would survive, it was hard to tell. She was severely anemic, not from blood loss. Her potassium and sodium were extremely low, as was her blood sugar. She also had an infection going on. She had been on an IV for two days with hydration and supplements for these issues, as well as antibiotics. She just was too far gone. It practically happened over night. She has been fine, nursing and protecting her kittens then just disappeared. She came back at night to nurse them. It's been really hot here so I thought maybe she found some shade during the day, and the kittens were eating kitten food by now. The vet said being an outside cat, she could have gotten some disease from flea bite, or other bite, etc. I'm going to try to find a rescue now for her kittens tomorrow. They are just too cute, and they are outside. I have indoor cats who are old, and I don't think they would get along. There is another stray outside (Vinnie) who was buddies with Nacho, and Vinnie has sort of taken over for the kittens. Lots of strays in my area, and they know where to get a meal. Some stay, some go. But it still breaks my heart for Nacho and her kittens. I hate to see any animal suffer, but also don't like making that kind of call. I'm turning into that "old cat lady".
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Oh dear sad I was thinking about her ever since I read your post. What a good mommy coming back at night to feed her kitties even though she was so sick. This is heartbreaking to read. It had to be some sort of infection that did this to her.

I did a quick search and come up with kidney failure or kidney stones. Who knows but she did what she could to take care of her kittens.

You did the right thing. It sounds like she was very ill and there was nothing that could be done. How sweet for Vinnie to take over. Animals are amazing creatures. RIP Nacho what a good mommy you were. xo

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. RIP sweet Nacho. sad
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19229

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:54 pm

Rest in peace sweet kitty Nacho. I know you are watching over your babies. They sound like they are in great hands.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 67 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby