SELECT CONTENT

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Page 39 of 67 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 39 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 am

@GuardianAngel I so understand a puppy wanting nothing to do with a crate. That was Pepper. And, I was a softie. I let him sleep with me on the bed. Since he was so small, I had to lift him up and put him down for the first year! A crate was in the bedroom as well. With Paige 2 years later, I again tried the crate thing and again I was too much of a softie. So they both ended up on the bed with me. I also had gotten a 2nd crate and both crates were in the bedroom with the doors open at all times.

As the years went on, Paige would start out sleeping under the bed then move on to the bed during the night. Pepper would start on the bed and go under the bed during the night. Sometimes both of them were on the bed and sometimes neither one of them were. There were also times they would be in the crate. The bedroom door was closed at night so they could not wander the house either.

I am hoping that Peyton will get to the point that she will be fine in the crate with the door left open but I'm not going to test that out for awhile. Since I got a new mattress in November, I'm not sure I want her on the bed either. It was too expensive for her to have any accidents on it!

Back to top Go down

Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 39 Empty Re: Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:05 am

Their little personalities are so fun to observe. I had one at my feet and one right next to me. Every night, they got into their positions. laugh out loud

After 3 months of morning routine, crating her, going off to work, rushing home at lunch time to let her out play eat lunch and a quick outside run, back in the crate, back to work then once I was home I let her roam around and play until bed time with lots of outside visits. I decided to test her out of the crate while I ran out to the grocery store. I knew I'd be gone for no more than 1/2 hour. I came back and she was right next to her brother waiting patiently for me. laugh out loud Such a good girl. Pets - Animals - Photo's -  Health - Discussion  - Page 39 1f49c

That's to funny @havadrpepper that they rotate locations. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:12 am

GuardianAngel wrote:That's to funny @havadrpepper that they rotate locations. laugh out loud

Yep, it was always a joy with those 2. Towards the end, Pepper could no longer jump on to the bed or jump off of it. So I would put him up at night and he'd stay all night and wait for me to lift him off in the morning. Thank goodness he was only 10 pounds! He would always lay up by me with his head on the pillow. Paige would lay farther down the bed. I also had one of those crate beds that laid on top of the bedspread at all times. It was large enough that both of them could lay in it. Sometimes they would cuddle together.

The first night I went to bed after had them put down was so hard. I literally cried myself to sleep that night. I could no longer reach out and pull Pepper over to snuggle with me. I survived. And, 18 months later, I got Peyton who is bringing more joy to my life!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:26 am

havadrpepper wrote:

The first night I went to bed after had them put down was so hard.  I literally cried myself to sleep that night. I could no longer reach out and pull Pepper over to snuggle with me. I survived. And, 18 months later, I got Peyton who is bringing more joy to my life!

I'm sorry for your loss, it's incredibly hard. 5 months in and I can't handle going to bed without her. For the first half hour or so, it hurts because that's where she crossed over the rainbow bridge, same spot she slept with me.

I'm glad you and others reach out and give all your love to another furbaby. I'm not there yet, maybe I'll never be there. IDK. My 11 1/2 yr old puppy son fills a void.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:30 am

Kashathediva wrote:I read such a good book about elephants by Jodi Piccoult. (?)  
Is that you @Mprssdbyu?  That baby is precious.
No, it's just a bucketlist wish!

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 am

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm sorry for your loss, it's incredibly hard. 5 months in and I can't handle going to bed without her. For the first half hour or so, it hurts because that's where she crossed over the rainbow bridge, same spot she slept with me.

I'm glad you and others reach out and give all your love to another furbaby. I'm not there yet, maybe I'll never be there. IDK. My  11 1/2 yr old puppy son fills a void.

I could not handle if they had passed here at the house. I chose to put them down at the vets office. It took 2 months to make that decision for Paige. During those 2 months I started watching Pepper more closely and realized he was not good either (and he was almost 2 years older). Poor guy fell down the basement stairs just the week before I put them down because he couldn't see where he was going or get his footing on the steps. I had those rose colored glasses on for so long thinking that they would live forever. When I took them off, I realized I was being very selfish making them suffer just so they would still be here because I couldn't live without them. It was also best that I not keep Pepper alive without Paige because it probably would have killed him. So I chose to let them cross the bridge together... after all they had been constant companions for over 13 and one half years.

I had many friends that insisted I needed another dog just a month later. There was no way I could do that. My heart needed to heal. I could have had a puppy 7 months later but something held me back. Was probably the best decision since my Dad passed away just a week later and I had to deal with that loss. By the time they had been gone a year, I knew I wanted another puppy and I was willing to wait for my breeder to have a litter. It took another 5 months for that litter to be born. So 19 months after I put them down I brought a new puppy into my home. The timing couldn't have been better for a lot of reasons.

If it is meant to be, you will know. In the meantime, enjoy the puppy son.

bestbud!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:15 am

It is very hard either way. Our first sheltie passed in the home. She had a heart situation similar to Sophie's (GA). Kasha I don't really want to talk about, only to say it was time for her. It was a hard decision, but it was time. 
I always miss my dogs. PINKHEART Fur babies.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by smartcat Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm

Kasha, there is no getting over our sweet babies that pass on, but remembering what they gave to us helps a lot. Been there, unfortunately as so many of our members have and we can all commiserate that it's just awful. Sorry for your tremendous loss.
Your new little fur girl is the sweetest little thing. You're lucky to have her and knowing what a good Mommy you are she's is one lucky little puppy girl to have found her way to you.
smartcat
smartcat

Female Posts : 13954

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:48 pm

Probably like most of us devoted pet lovers, there are no words for the joy our fur babies give us. The overpowering love is, I don't have adequate words. There is nothing like the comfort they give us. They can sense our emotions and needs sometimes better than us. They give us so much. The best we can give them is our hearts and a good, responsible home for their life. I feel like I am the one who has been blessed to have had these lovely gifts in my life. 
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:57 am

Quite the character!

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 am

How cute. So lovable.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:39 am

Kashathediva wrote:How cute. So lovable.
My brother has a farm with horses. I've begged him to find a pair of miniature donkeys. They really have entertaining personalities and are very loving. They demand your attention.

mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 67 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Pets - Animals - Photo's - Health - Discussion

+43
alwaystulips
pavalygurl
Kels0012
Ladybug82
Scooby