SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 58 of 71 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 64 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 58 Empty Re: Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:13 pm

I think that all those who are currently on BIP are desperate for attention. ALL of them. It's why they go on this show in the pretense that they need to be on a show to date each other when they can do so off the show. That they all keep going back for more and using the show to further their $$$/followers/rstyle reward points etc shows me that they are in it for themselves and the $/fame first and foremost - even the couples.

Because of this, I like to watch some on my TV and some I don't like to watch on my TV. Nick I have enjoyed watching on my TV. I am sure all of these people, regardless of fan favorites or not, in real life have good and not so good qualities, Nick is no exception, imo.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 58 Empty Re: Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:20 pm

I think he would have been better off leaving the show after his first go round and staying with his flexible 9-5 in Chicago. JMOAA But--it's his decision, his life. He certainly did not ask me. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:22 pm

laugh out loud same. It would have saved me from having to watch BIP or Bette 11 too since I've been drawn in to watching because of him Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 58 3806527698
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Yep. I've enjoyed watching him from the beginning, but only from afar. Don't follow him outside of whatever reality show he's on. He does make for great entertainment, though, so I'll probably be sucked in like a vortex as long as he's on tv. Imo

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Well I'm glad I don't put any of these famehos on a pedestal, saves me the trouble of knocking them off. I just like some more than others and Nick I find pretty easy to like, perhaps since he seems relatively smart and mature and actually aware of what's going on around him. That's good enough for my viewing pleasure. I also don't understand why Nick is supposed get in the middle of this Ashley Caila drama. He doesn't know even know Caila that well and doesn't seem to be a big fan, which is an opinion he's allowed to have despite Ashley's actions.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think he would have been better off leaving the show after his first go round and staying with his flexible 9-5 in Chicago. JMOAA  But--it's his decision, his life. He certainly did not ask me. cantstopl

Exactly, which is why I was one of the minority screaming, "no, don't do it..." when some were so excited about him joining Kaitlyn's season. I loved Nick post Andi's season. He was chilling in Chicago, living his life, snarking about the show on twitter and it was great. The moment it was confirmed he was joining Kaitlyn's season, I knew things would not be the same again and then the modeling started happening and that was it.

That's why I am surprised at the comments of seeing him differently because of the Ashley/Jared/Caila thing or his shade or whatever because in my opinion, even from Andi's season, Nick was always snarky. In my opinion, that is the one thing that hasn't changed. And he was always fairly reasonable and even-handed in his opinions and TH's. It was one of things that made me like him even more after the show. How he handled the questions and backlash about his ATFR comment in the media.

He was calm, fair and articulate in my opinion. And I don't see the Ashley thing as some big departure. He's acknowledged all sides in my opinion - saying Ashley is authentic is not an endorsement of her bad behavior in my opinion but just rather a, "hey, at least she is who she is in all her insanity and I can appreciate that". But then he's also stated emphatically that she needs to let the Jared thing go and move on and has also said Jared needs to man up and be more direct with Ashley.

I still like Nick well enough but I think it would be delusional at this point for anyone to not accept that he's changed significantly since Andi's season and he is very much chasing fame. I think that more than anything is what may a play a part in his not having a relationship right now, because he may not want one. I think he wants to be in love but he also wants the freedom and excitement of this new life. I've said it before but while I don't question that Nick loved Andi and was hurt when she didn't pick him, I don't think it was the same with Kaitlyn. I never bought Nick's being in love with Kaitlyn. I think his ego was bruised that he was dumped twice on national television but I don't think he was truly heartbroken like he was after Andi. I think they had great sexual chemistry but nothing more as opposed to Andi who he had great sexual chemistry with, as well as an intellectual connection.

I disagree with others that he seemed bored by Jennifer but I definitely agree that he doesn't seem super into her. However I think this is where the change in who he is now has come into play. I wonder if there is some schtick to Nick now on these shows to where he's not allowing himself to fully let go and be as open and vulnerable as he was on Andi's season for example. And I guess that plays into the guarded thing. I do see a slight wall with Nick now in his interactions with the women. It makes me think of Amanda saying he seemed like he was holding back with her. She mentioned it being about Jennifer but I don't think so. Basically, I feel like Nick may be jaded now with regard to the show but it's a gig I guess.

Wow sorry for this being so long and for the record, none of this means I dislike Nick because I don't. I still enjoy him but I do wish he'd been one of the few who'd left the franchise behind him.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Nick praised AI's "authenticity" in 2 podcasts. The first instance was on Afterbuzz where he praised Emily for being "authentic" in her reaction to the Jared rejection in favour of Caila thing. He also added AI and Lace in there as "authentic" as opposed to other people who "edit" themselves to sound good (considering who was at the other end of drama and his subsequent podcast saying the same thing, IMO that was subtle shading of Caila). He outright shaded JoJo's F6 over the course of the two podcasts but I guess "edited" himself enough not to name Caila outright.

He's entitled to his own opinion like all of us are, of course, and I think it's good that he didn't sugarcoat it for/re. AI on the show, but I guess Fingersandtoes is right in that perhaps he shouldn't be expected to vocally stand up to bullying (and maybe he doesn't see it as bullying) by mentioning AI's comments to Caila specifically. Only Catherine has mentioned it in no uncertain terms so I guess it's par for the course that others stay out of it, and at least he has the good sense not to pile on/suck up like Amanda, Twins, Carly etc.

I still like Nick overall. I'm not expecting him to clean up anyone's mess, but I will say that my respect for him would have risen had he spoken up, but everyone is correct that perhaps expectations should be managed since we are dealing with reality tv contestants and not world peace workers Smiley

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Seabear wrote:My opinion of Nick changed when he used a charity for self promotion and made false promises in the quest of soliciting donations. I was beyond annoyed because I have run a non profit for years and this is an absolute No No in my opinion. After that Fact....I . . . Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 58 1f600

That's disgusting. JMO. Thanks for letting us know.

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:26 pm

Wow, very interesting discussion here. (sorry, I couldn't connect before) So after reading all of your responses, I would say I view it like Notarose, Kasha and Fingers.
For me Nick was never on the pedestal. I think I started writing about him because I saw so much of myself in him ... and like Caila's fans are questioning the logic behind the accusations of her being fake, I was questioning the logic for him being named a creep (manipulative, calculating, insincere ... hmm, fake too?) ... it's funny how far we have come.

As for the support that got me fired up this morning, there are few tweets that I think he could go without, but now they are public and for the values I believe Nick stands for ... well, they definitely don't bode well. Nothing major, but enough to have my first disappointment ... mostly because it was people-pleasing, "herd" act, completely unnecessary. I don't expect him, neither do I think he needs to support/defend anyone, but certain behavior shouldn't be encouraged, especially considering his "resolution" in the "situation Josh" (with Amanda) ... because then I'm calling him out.

As for Nick's LA life-style ... change ... I think I wrote this before many times, I never expected him to go back to his "old life" (meaning comfort zone) after Andi's season, I was more than pleased to see him taking chances and taking charge of his public exposure. I follow his choices and I'm just observing how he is handling the aftermath. While some might not like the change, I see him more confident to express himself. Not just with words. I would go as far and say that he probably had some "big dreams" that only "now" he dares to try them out. Maybe to some he is acting-out his 20s with the change of the "career/job", but to me it seems like he found his way to reach the balance. For a Libra, that's a sign of growth. The fame-seeking issue is not a problem, since it's nothing wrong for a person wanting to be remembered and having some noteworthy purpose. For that alone, he already made a difference, since he's like a test-bunny for me to understand the consequences of the decisions.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:52 pm

But in terms of the editing oneself, is that really that different than his comment in the episode about how always trying to be polite can get you in trouble? And Caila herself tweeted the comment, saying she wished she'd had big brother Nick to tell her that at the time, which means she clearly wasn't offended about it.

I think it's the connotation some are using with these terms that's causing the issue. To some, Nick saying Ashley is authentic and talking about people editing themselves basically is equivalent to saying that Caila is fake and that is not necessarily true.

It may truly be exactly as he suggested, that Caila is so afraid of being judged that she is almost unfailingly polite to the point that you have a situation like that very awkward date situation with lamp guy. And I don't know that this is how Caila is, since I don't know her but I do know that it is interesting so many viewers responded to Caila with the, "something about her just seems off".

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Ileyki, you're asking me? ... I wasn't thinking about Caila at all, it's all about AI's attitude/behavior that Nick did some tactless tweet/like, considering that I usually I don't voice disagreements with him, this time it felt like another miss (much like Kaitlyn's season, but for that I can find a positive outcome, for a tweet I can't).

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:37 pm

@lleyki , the editing comments were made before the whole Brett indecision thing was aired & IMO he didn't mean it in a "too polite in order to spare others' feelings" way but more a "purposely saying something to sound good" way. Caila did tweet Nick about it, and he never replied, which is a bit eyebrow raising but I guess could be due to any number of reasons, including perhaps not seeing it. Or maybe he just doesn't like her and doesn't wish to respond to her & he's entitled to that, but IMO that would be a bit immature since her tweet was complimentary and a possible olive branch.

@happygolucky - I was reading his feed but didn't check his Likes until you mentioned tweets. Hmmm yeah, I'm going to modify what I said earlier about not piling on - he's doing that a bit. It's ironic that he liked Vinny's tweet standing up against the bullying of Izzy right after he liked Amanda's passive aggressive tweet about not hating on AI for "saying what everyone else was thinking".

Honestly, I never had him on a pedestal - always liked him despite all his TV flaws - but I guess I must admit I'm a little defensive since this whole thing involves my fave girl. Anyways it is what it is, to each their own etc. and of course all IMO Smiley
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 71 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 64 ... 71  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+82
suzq
Mommyof2
Litta123
Seabear
Nonina430