SELECT CONTENT

Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

Page 41 of 83 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 62 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* - Page 41 Empty Re: Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

Post by ironcat Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm

I think we can attribute both Ashley's actions on LCD, and Ben's misinterpretation of Ash's feelings overall, to a number of factors, not just one, and most of what everybody has been saying probably played a part, contributing to the whole miscommunication. And I also think that Chrystie's comments 2 days before and the inability/lack of opportunity timewise to resolve things with JP until after her dates with Ben were over, also left Ashley a little more vulnerable and less resistant to going along with producer "encouragement" to be more affectionate with him, in addition to all the other reasons stated which probably played in her head as well. I do not think she had any idea, however, that Ben would misconstrue her actions as "proof" that she was in love with him, and had she realized this, she would never have done any of it.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* - Page 41 Empty Re: Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

Post by halfpintdynamite Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:44 pm

moonchild wrote:
Thomigirl wrote:
Gina wrote:This was in another thread.
Thanks for this quote, JBF. Question, how in the heck did Ben F. not see it then? All the guys saw it. Makes me go hmmmmm
From Willie's interview post-show, June 22
"The one guy I would pick for Ashley is an outstanding guy in the house. He's awesome. I mean, he's just a true friend. J.P. is like no other. J.P. is a great guy, and if I could pick a guy for her, I would pick J.P.
I saw their interactions and I saw the look on her face when they got to be around each other, and it's that look that two people have when they're really in love. That was tough to see that and continue moving forward when you make friends with someone in the house like J.P., and then to just sit there and still go on dates with a girl that he's that into."

Well to be fair, how often was he around them? He and JP were only on one group date. But you know what...he WAS there when they had the (almost) R-rated beach make-out session! He HAD to be talking to the other guys...don't know. I'm gonna go with Jesse Csinsack's assertion that TPTB were whispering in his ear!

Will and JP were good friends on the show. JP mentioned him as one of the guys from the show that he wanted to call and catch up with. So, you know that they talked a lot. They were together with Ashley at RC cocktail parties, so he would get a chance to see their interaction. Will is not the only one that has mentioned this. Even guys that left fairly early, like West, mentioned what great chemistry they had. West went even on to say that seeing what Ashley and JP had together made him want that in his life.

Love your name, moonchild!

You mention West. He's one I'd like to see as the bachelor. He's definitely ready to fall in love again, and he had a very nice manner. He made some very astute comments - I watched him watching and listening to the others - you know, still waters run deep. I think he would be very interesting, not DUMB like some other former Bachelors, and he knows the feeling of having been deeply in love, so he would know what to look for and feel. JMO. I think Ben is too young yet - he's just discovered himself during this show process, and I think he needs to play the field a little before seriously looking. Again, JMO. I definitely wouldn't want to see William at this point - he's a bit young (not the exact description but as close as I can think right now!). And definitely not Ryan - liked him, didn't like him - but he's already taken himself out of contention. Ames might be interesting but he needs kissing lessons! :giggle: Mickey would probably been a good bachelor, but I really would like to see West, of all of them. He just intrigues me.
halfpintdynamite
halfpintdynamite

Female Posts : 919

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:35 am

I'd like to see Mickey (and his glasses) more than anyone else, but I agree about West, halfpintdynamite. He has turned out to be unexpectedly hilarious on his new blog and on Twitter. He seems like a really good guy.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 am

halfpintdynamite wrote:
moonchild wrote:
Thomigirl wrote:
Gina wrote:This was in another thread.
Thanks for this quote, JBF. Question, how in the heck did Ben F. not see it then? All the guys saw it. Makes me go hmmmmm
"The one guy I would pick for Ashley is an outstanding guy in the house. He's awesome. I mean, he's just a true friend. J.P. is like no other. J.P. is a great guy, and if I could pick a guy for her, I would pick J.P.
I saw their interactions and I saw the look on her face when they got to be around each other, and it's that look that two people have when they're really in love. That was tough to see that and continue moving forward when you make friends with someone in the house like J.P., and then to just sit there and still go on dates with a girl that he's that into."

Well to be fair, how often was he around them? He and JP were only on one group date. But you know what...he WAS there when they had the (almost) R-rated beach make-out session! He HAD to be talking to the other guys...don't know. I'm gonna go with Jesse Csinsack's assertion that TPTB were whispering in his ear!

Will and JP were good friends on the show. JP mentioned him as one of the guys from the show that he wanted to call and catch up with. So, you know that they talked a lot. They were together with Ashley at RC cocktail parties, so he would get a chance to see their interaction. Will is not the only one that has mentioned this. Even guys that left fairly early, like West, mentioned what great chemistry they had. West went even on to say that seeing what Ashley and JP had together made him want that in his life.

Love your name, moonchild!

You mention West. He's one I'd like to see as the bachelor. He's definitely ready to fall in love again, and he had a very nice manner. He made some very astute comments - I watched him watching and listening to the others - you know, still waters run deep. I think he would be very interesting, not DUMB like some other former Bachelors, and he knows the feeling of having been deeply in love, so he would know what to look for and feel. JMO. I think Ben is too young yet - he's just discovered himself during this show process, and I think he needs to play the field a little before seriously looking. Again, JMO. I definitely wouldn't want to see William at this point - he's a bit young (not the exact description but as close as I can think right now!). And definitely not Ryan - liked him, didn't like him - but he's already taken himself out of contention. Ames might be interesting but he needs kissing lessons! :giggle: Mickey would probably been a good bachelor, but I really would like to see West, of all of them. He just intrigues me.

I like West the best for bachelor also. I think he is as Ashley says, A Grown Man, and would do well as the bachelor. I also, think Ben is just learning about the new man he is becoming. I think he needs to play a little and just have fun. I really do not think he is ready for a serious relationship, now or then. I would like Mickey, but, don't think he has enough of a following. Please, no Ames or williams. Ryan would be interesting, jury is still out on him.

"Love Never Fails"
Shadow
Shadow

Female Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:46 am

ironcat wrote:I think we can attribute both Ashley's actions on LCD, and Ben's misinterpretation of Ash's feelings overall, to a number of factors, not just one, and most of what everybody has been saying probably played a part, contributing to the whole miscommunication. And I also think that Chrystie's comments 2 days before and the inability/lack of opportunity time wise to resolve things with JP until after her dates with Ben were over, also left Ashley a little more vulnerable and less resistant to going along with producer "encouragement" to be more affectionate with him, in addition to all the other reasons stated which probably played in her head as well. I do not think she had any idea, however, that Ben would misconstrue her actions as "proof" that she was in love with him, and had she realized this, she would never have done any of it.

There were a lot of games going on. I'm not convinced that producers didn't tell Chrystie to let JP have it. She just seemed too resolved and her conclusions made no sense. I think she was acting - poorly at that.

Ben was pretty sure of himself all along - even more so than JP it seemed. He didn't think JP would get the date rose in Taiwan. He assumed he was going on an HTD. He was dragging out when he was going to say ILY and letting her know that. He was holding his family's approval over her head. Have guys ever done that before? Even JP is saying now that he was so sure it was him yet he was so afraid to tell her how he felt and even seemed to do it begrudgingly for a while. I don't see why he couldn't just say it either - especially since she supposedly subtly told him she loved him in some way. Both of these guys seemed desperate to keep an upper hand in some way and make it like it was all their idea.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:55 am

Ha Ha! Since we are on this conversation here, why not bring more from the other thread? Highlighted just the original quotes in red so we have all of our "references" in order.

Thomigirl wrote:
JBF wrote:
Gina wrote:Thanks for this quote, JBF. Question, how in the heck did Ben F. not see it then? All the guys saw it. Makes me go hmmmmm

I'm afraid that they brainwashed Benny like Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange.

Did a quick homework check... aside from Willie, the rest all said the following:

Jeff: "JP seemed like he was genuinely into her, so I’d go with him."
West: "Based on my gut and interacting with people, I really thought that J.P. was going to be one that she picked just because they have that natural chemistry. You could see whenever we were on a group date together, she tended to gravitate towards him, and there was just an easy kind of connection that was evident. So, I think he might be the best pick."
Ben C. wasn't asked. All we have is his "Bring her back" voice-over in Phuket. (We used to think Ryan was the one talking.)
Nick: "I think based on what I saw when I left, I really saw JP pulling ahead. If he doesn't win, I think he will get really far. JP was a great guy. A great guy."
Mickey talked "neutral" but probably knew: "It's funny that you ask that because obviously I've had extensive conversations with Ashley and I think it was very clear, even in the couple weeks leading up to the time I left, she was forming a very strong connection with J.P. and also a strong connection with Ben F. I think those two guys stood out, to everybody not just to myself, as being the two guys that she was building the strongest connection with. J.P. was my roommate and Ben F. was a very good friend of mine and we became very close through the whole process. And I think, certainly for her sake, that's a good thing because they both are stand-up gentlemen and great guys and I think either one of them would be very good for Ashley."
Blake wasn't asked.
Lucas stayed neutral, but was a bit confused in his answers: "J.P. was definitely, definitely falling for her." / "If I had to pick, I think she had the most -- it's not so serious with Ben F. I think they have the most fun together. I mean, look at the guy. He is a good friend of mine on the show." / "I think a perfect candidate in my mind [for next Bachelor]-- just because he was a very good friend of mine, he was a genuine gentleman -- is Ben F."
Ames wasn't asked, but his facial expressions during the wedding shoot date were enough.
Constantine wasn't asked
Ryan at Men Tell All interview: "It's JP -- oh, without question. That was the hard part. That's where I felt like I got a little bit of the short end of the stick because JP had two dates before I even had the one. But the truth is, she started feeling for JP so early that it was like, 'Gosh.' It was futile, but I wasn't gonna give up."

I think Ben C. said something to that effect at the Men Tell All. It's funny, he looks around (as if to see if someone's watching) and says (paraphrasing) oh it's JP when they were talking about religion, etc. EVERYBODY knew.

ironcat wrote:The only one who favored Ben slightly in his comments was Lucas, but like JBF said, his comments were a little wonky, as if he had wanted her to pick Ben for his own reasons, even though he knew better. For example one thing he said in Ben's defense that to me made no sense considering these guys were going to be getting engaged to her is, "It's not so serious with Ben F", as if that was a good thing and a point in his favor. Yes, Lucas, it definitely wasn't so serious with Ben, and that's why she is now JP's fiancee, not Ben's.

mnmhughes wrote:
atem wrote:
Finley wrote:I think at one point (before the complete and total brainwashing took hold) even Ben F. knew what was what. There is a clip of him, JP and Blake talking while Ashley is on her first one-on-one with Constantine. Blake says something about Constantine kissing Ashley, and Ben F. comments that they are killing JP right now. They are all three keeping it pretty light, but it's obvious that JP is way more invested than the other two, and they all know it. A lot more invested. This was before Hong Kong and I think it was even before the Phuket beach kiss in the rain. IMO JP was gone on Ashley from the moment they had their first one-on-one.

I think so too. I think he fell for her after that first 1 on 1. I mean, he literally saw her so down and she fell asleep in his arms. What guy doesn't want to be the hero/comforter?

I still can't believe that she put on her jammies and glasses and just flat out told him all of her insecurities. I mean, who does that on a first date with a gorgeous guy? Talk about instant comfort with someone! They were made for each other. :married
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 am

sjcaligurl wrote:
ironcat wrote:I think we can attribute both Ashley's actions on LCD, and Ben's misinterpretation of Ash's feelings overall, to a number of factors, not just one, and most of what everybody has been saying probably played a part, contributing to the whole miscommunication. And I also think that Chrystie's comments 2 days before and the inability/lack of opportunity time wise to resolve things with JP until after her dates with Ben were over, also left Ashley a little more vulnerable and less resistant to going along with producer "encouragement" to be more affectionate with him, in addition to all the other reasons stated which probably played in her head as well. I do not think she had any idea, however, that Ben would misconstrue her actions as "proof" that she was in love with him, and had she realized this, she would never have done any of it.

There were a lot of games going on. I'm not convinced that producers didn't tell Chrystie to let JP have it. She just seemed too resolved and her conclusions made no sense. I think she was acting - poorly at that.

Ben was pretty sure of himself all along - even more so than JP it seemed. He didn't think JP would get the date rose in Taiwan. He assumed he was going on an HTD. He was dragging out when he was going to say ILY and letting her know that. He was holding his family's approval over her head. Have guys ever done that before? Even JP is saying now that he was so sure it was him yet he was so afraid to tell her how he felt and even seemed to do it begrudgingly for a while. I don't see why he couldn't just say it either - especially since she supposedly subtly told him she loved him in some way. Both of these guys seemed desperate to keep an upper hand in some way and make it like it was all their idea.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking but afraid to voice. And why tell Ashley's family before telling her ILY? Just struck me as odd. :hidingchair
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:56 am

The People Magazine article interview with JP and Ashley addressed some of these issues being discussed. Such as what he experienced while watching the season and Ashley telling him what to expect before each episode aired. He also said he did not watch Ben's MTP or LCD. He might not have even watched Ben F's FD. That is why I cringed when JKL decided to show him anyways.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:02 am

JKL is the devil! He was so pro-JP then showed that pic. JP did NOT need to see that!

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:03 am

Love_Me wrote:The People Magazine article interview with JP and Ashley addressed some of these issues being discussed. Such as what he experienced while watching the season and Ashley telling him what to expect before each episode aired. He also said he did not watch Ben's MTP or LCD. He might not have even watched Ben F's FD. That is why I cringed when JKL decided to show him anyways.

I think despite what he said, he still watched. How could you not? I'm sure his brother or one of his buddies would have said 'dude, what happened when....'
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 am

Thomigirl wrote:
Love_Me wrote:The People Magazine article interview with JP and Ashley addressed some of these issues being discussed. Such as what he experienced while watching the season and Ashley telling him what to expect before each episode aired. He also said he did not watch Ben's MTP or LCD. He might not have even watched Ben F's FD. That is why I cringed when JKL decided to show him anyways.

I think despite what he said, he still watched. How could you not? I'm sure his brother or one of his buddies would have said 'dude, what happened when....'

I believe on Regis and Kelly, Ashley said he watched all the episodes. On JKL he said he just watched their parts on the FRC.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by mome2jk Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:42 am

Samantharose wrote:
Thomigirl wrote:

I believe on Regis and Kelly, Ashley said he watched all the episodes. On JKL he said he just watched their parts on the FRC.

You are right but he has also said recently that he watched Ben's proposal and that's it of B&A that he watched on the last epi.

mome2jk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 83 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 62 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

+91
Newto
Kashathediva
emusha
MissLittle
beader