SELECT CONTENT

Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

Page 42 of 83 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 62 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* - Page 42 Empty Re: Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

Post by Aragon Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 am

Thought it would be fun creating a top ten list of this season.

My top 10 JP and Ashley moments during the show:
10) Their cupcake story discussion – episode 1.
9) Their first kiss during the coin toss flip – episode 2.
8) Falling asleep together during their first date – episode 3.
7) Their intense and passionate kiss in the rain – episode 4.
6) The tram scene in Hong Kong when JP seductively kissed Ashley’s neck from behind - episode 6.
5) When Ashley tenderly kissed JP while putting on his roller skates during HTD – episode 7.
4) Their love scene in the fantasy suite – episode 8.
3) When JP gave Ashley his photo album gift along with his “Greatest Love Story Ever Told” note – LCD.
2) Love_Me and SAN creating this site so that I can enjoy this season even more. Sorry this could have been my #1, but JP and Ashley’s love is just too real and endearing for not be #1.
1) The proposal of course, but especially when JP twirled Ashley while carrying her.

:dancingcupcake: Ashley and JP *Picture thread* - Page 42 Elephant1
Aragon
Aragon

Female Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Ashley and JP *Picture thread* - Page 42 Empty Re: Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

Post by Archer23 Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:49 am

Fun!

10. JP telling Ashley, "Now is not a time for flirting. We'll flirt later," on the group date in Phuket.
9. JP and Ashley holding hands, walking to their 1-on-1 time during the RC in Chang Mai. They just already looked like a couple in love, and I thought it was very sweet.
8. Ashley completely freaking out and unable to watch JP getting beat up during the Muoy Thai fight, and then fanning herself after he ended up winning. Way to stay neutral there, Ash!
7. JP admitting to Ashley what a rough time he was having in Taiwan, and the emotion on her face after he told her.
6. JP telling Ashley, "When it comes to you, I'm flexible on everything." Swoon.
5. Ashley kissing JP after he fell during the roller skating/Ashley telling him, "If you fall, I'm not going to think that's sexy!"
4. "It's kind of hard to kiss with the glasses on." "You can take them off." Rowrrrr. The way JP's voice gets all low and sexy and he looks at her so intensely gives me the vapors every time I watch it.
3. The smile that breaks out on JP's face when he sees Ashley just before the proposal.
2. The fantasy date -- all of it.
1. (Tie) JP kissing Ashley's neck on the Hong Kong date/JP and Ashley making out in the rain on the beach in Phuket. Other couples have had great physical chemistry on this show, but none better than JP and Ashley, IMO. And best of all, their chemistry was fortified by true emotional intimacy.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:55 am

moonchild wrote: AshleyS has said that she didn't even want to do the LCD with him, letting him go before then, but the producers wouldn't let her. I think it was more producer driven than anything.

see now that really bothers me - she tells Ben at the AFRC she gave their relationship every chance and yet she publically (basically since AshS doesn't have a problem with letting the world know) that she didn't even want to go on that last date with him. that's what will always bother me about this silly show - people's emotions are toyed with on many levels.

And don't get me started on her letting him propose to her. She should've had the balls not to let him get down on one knee. Deanna was reamed for letting Jason do it - Ash gets a pass?? I dont' think so.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:57 am

Gina wrote:Let's hope Ben takes a course in body language and facial expressions of women, if he's the next bachelor, cause he sure didn't see Ashley's, but everyone else did.

realllllllly - a woman is letting this man rub sunscreen all over her body and talks about doing more later in the FS - it wasn't that he couldn't read her body language, it was classic Ash sending mixed signals.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:13 am

Poor Ben. Maybe JLH can kiss him (with tongue!) and make him forget all about how that mean Ashley strung him along.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:09 am

anders wrote:
moonchild wrote: AshleyS has said that she didn't even want to do the LCD with him, letting him go before then, but the producers wouldn't let her. I think it was more producer driven than anything.

see now that really bothers me - she tells Ben at the AFRC she gave their relationship every chance and yet she publically (basically since AshS doesn't have a problem with letting the world know) that she didn't even want to go on that last date with him. that's what will always bother me about this silly show - people's emotions are toyed with on many levels.

And don't get me started on her letting him propose to her. She should've had the balls not to let him get down on one knee. Deanna was reamed for letting Jason do it - Ash gets a pass?? I dont' think so.

I don't think she gets a 'pass', but I do think she just froze in that moment and couldn't get the words out. She absolutely didn't handle it well, but I don't think it came from any desire on her part to hurt or humiliate Ben. She tried to tell him right away, and then when he insisted on speaking first it completely threw her off. I think some people can relate to the experience of being stuck in a moment when it so important to do or say just the right thing and everything that comes out of your mouth is wrong.... You end up hurting someone even more. And you'd give anything to go back and 'redo' that moment and handle it differently. It's not giving Ashley a pass as much as it is understanding and indentifying with her mistake. Which truly sucked.

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 am

potayto, potahto.

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnybeaches Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:21 am

moonchild wrote:
Finley wrote:
ironcat wrote:
anders wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote: I guess they had a hard time finding pics and footage they could work with where it wasn't obvious what was going on. She wasn't like this with any of the other guys. JP shouldn't have had a problem watching most of the show so I cannot see where he was too upset about most of what he saw. I think Bentley was probably the least of his worries. He probably had more issues towards the end like her going back for more in the elevator w/Ames, letting Lucas kiss her, her thinking that Dino was hot ... I think he's pretty satisfied that she didn't kiss any of the guys the way she kissed him even though we didn't see the extended footage of the first date and he claims she didn't really kiss him back until Phuket.

IDK - letting Ben rub sunscreen all over her body most likely raised a few hairs. Ben did get pretty intimate....

What I found strange about her "intimacy" with Ben was how out of place certain moments seemed, compared to her overall rather tepid physical relationship with him. We know that Ash in real life is a very touchy feely type, and has said herself that she likes/wants constant "physicalness" with her man (she told Ryan this, and watching her and JP both on the show and post show is confirmation enough that she wasn't exaggerating!), yet with Ben, she was relatively reserved most of the time, with "demure" kissing and hugging, neither of which was at all excessive. With the exception of a couple of occasions, like the sunscreen incident, the comment in the mudbath and the leg slinging on LCD, which were pretty much out of character (apparently not the "real Ash" character, but the "Ash with Ben" character) with the way she acted the majority of the show (with everyone but JP). Makes me even more convinced that a lot of this more forward and suggestive behavior of hers was encouraged/egged on by the producers, since they needed to show the audience that Ash was interested in more than just the one guy she was naturally all over.

I expect she explained a lot of this to JP during their discussion of "show misunderstandings", and obviously he's accepted it and is over it. yes

Here is my take on the increased passion with Ben on the LCD. I think there were two things at play in that situation.

One - If there had been any extended, serious, deep conversation between Ashley and Ben that night the jig would have been up. I don't think she could have continued to maintain the facade with Ben any more than she did with Ryan on his last date. I don't think she would have come straight out and said anything, but I still think she would have given it away by the tone of her voice, the look in her eye, or the expression on her face. If he had started talking about their future together (kids etc.) I can see her tearing up, looking away and stumbling over her words. She wouldn't have been able to hide it, and he would have seen it for what it was. Game over. The only real option to forestall any kind of meaningful conversation at that point was making out.

Two - She had genuine feelings for the guy. They had a relationship and a friendship, and it was about to be over. This was the last 'happy' moment they were ever going to share. The next time she saw him she was going to have to break his heart and end their friendship. She couldn't warn him, couldn't let him down easy. She was probably already dreading it, and not sure how to handle it.... I can imagine her feeling really emotional wanting to make that last time they were ever going to spend together something positive. Especially since she knew how it felt to be him (almost).

AshleyS has said that she didn't even want to do the LCD with him, letting him go before then, but the producers wouldn't let her. I think it was more producer driven than anything.

I agree with all, but the bolded part absofreakinglutely! Her hands were tied and she had to let it all play out, TPTB gave her NO choice. JP having been there knew that, but it was still going to be difficult for him to watch because he was so in love with her. I feel bad that she was made to see this all through the way she did, not easy for anyone involved or the viewers either.
Sunnybeaches
Sunnybeaches

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:22 am

The best JP faces to me were during the Hong Kong date interview when he says (while biting his lip) "tonight was incredible." I wish I had a screencap of that.

I also loved the part, on the beach at Phuket where he said
"now I'm going to get all shy."
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah, there's no need in rehashing what she could have done better. I think we saw some bad editing with the proposal too. I am more embarrassed/hurt for Ben because of all the things he said where he totally was off base and that he was so sure it was him. NO ONE should be that sure unless you've been told you will get picked and we see Trista still got the wrong end of the stick when that happened. Ben doesn't seem bothered by the fact that he proposed. He seems to see it as a sign that he's over the hump as far as his guard being totally up.

What I feel bad about now is that people like CH were out the next day saying it was always JP. The polls where most viewers said it was JP. I think Ben 'gets' that Ashley was in love w/JP when she was dating him. BUT, folks, when you sign up for the show, you know that premise is being led on until the end when the lead can either tell you yes or no. Both guys fell for her and, as JP said over and over, someone was going to be heartbroken in the end.

She had a true relationship with Ben that had small elements of physical attraction. I think Ashley let her relationship play out with him as genuinely as she could. The lead has to kinda compartmentalize each relationship and let it go as it will.

Had she let JP go after some of those steamy scenes, I'd say we had more fodder for anger. Rubbing suntan lotion, a couple of flirty comments and some lame pecks are not signs that someone wants to marry you. Ben has been out of practice with women as far as establishing intimacy. He says he's too busy to date and he's probably right. If anything, he'll be hanging out with his new buddies and BFF (Dino) more than any women. Hopefully, when he has time and is ready, he'll meet a nice girl who'll get him to kiss with his mouth open.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 am

anders wrote:potayto, potahto.

Anders you and I have been snarking on the bachelor/bachelorette for more years than I care to remember. I'm not giving Ash a pass either, but ...

We do know that TPTB have a huge hand in determining what does and does not go down at these ceremonies. Mesnick said in Bachelor Beatdown with Jesse C said that TPTB continued to convince him he was F1 and that was why he got down on one knee.
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:42 am

15/16 women have been left 'devastated' by Bachelor men ... many of whom probably bagged them on their FD. Is anyone ever as outraged/upset about them as they are about the guys? Why do the male F2's need such TLC?

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 83 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 62 ... 83  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ashley and JP *Picture thread*

+91
Newto
Kashathediva
emusha
MissLittle
beader