SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Page 30 of 47 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 38 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 30 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:51 pm

All I'm going to say about Derek is... Show me concrete proof he's a pot smoker. He does deserve some respect because he served his country. Does that make him above reproach, no. Everyone makes mistakes. As for the way he argues, yes he could have handled that better. But if he grew up without a father figure, he might not have dvr had a role model in that regard. Plus, in the military the drill sergeants are brutal with name calling and trying to set recruits up to possibly fail. It's just a part of he process. Not giving anyone a pass in this, just voicing my opinion.

As for Heather, she was expecting Mr Perfect and didn't get that. She might not be a spoiled brat, but that is how I have formed my opinion of her. Instead of trying to work things out, she pouted and headed for the hills.

Last edited by theKeptGrits on Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Need to clarify)

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 30 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:47 pm

http://nypost.com/2016/09/14/derek-opens-up-about-married-at-first-sight-divorce-it-hurt-me-so-much/

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I saw Derek trying to communicate with Heather, when the smoking issue came up.  He went to her several times to try and at least discuss the situation, but when she was so rigid and didn't seem willing to even discuss the matter, he seemed to get frustrated and upset.  I understand if she doesn't like the smoking issue, that's fine, she told him eventually, and he stopped doing it, for her.  But IMO, she never let go of that, and that's her choice, but if you want any relationship to flourish, you need to forgive and move on, otherwise, no relationship is going to work!  

JMO, but bottom line, she didn't want to try and make it work, not even or a friendship. If Heather is so eager to bail and can't commit to a 6 week agreement that she signed up for, even if she didn't see a future with him, she's going to be single for a long time I suspect, IMO..

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Although the network and even The Knot is not being open about a participant smoking pot (other than and I recall one reference to mind altering), IMO obviously because obtaining/procession-of/smoking pot is illegal in both Florida and Puerto Rico, the tabloids have been. Moreover, just look at the (edited by production) text in the latest episode of Unfiltered.

Heather said, "I'm the only person who has to live with me and my decisions and Derek has to live with himself and his decisions. So, at the end of the day, we don't have that relationship built up --- that love, that loyalty, that foundation built up --- it's not going to work, and I knew that. And, I feel bad that he thinks I gave up, but I stood up with who I am and what I think is right and I don't feel bad about that."

That's an awfully big discussion about big ideals as opposed to feelings about a single person.

In contrast, Derek says he felt bad about her decision because "she didn't give me [sic] or us a chance" --- which is true, she didn't. She didn't reject Derek, she rejected what she perceived to be his 420 lifestyle. And, IMO, she WAS being rigid and as Derek said, Heather wasn't being opened minded.

Come on ... open minded about what? Why would she need to be open minded to build a relationship with Derek if it wasn't for something big and perceived a deal breaker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqMcpOZpMI
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:http://nypost.com/2016/09/14/derek-opens-up-about-married-at-first-sight-divorce-it-hurt-me-so-much/

Thanks for posting, @Ruqibabe

This article says it all, and what some of us have been saying. First of all, she started ignoring him on the 2nd day. Her issue had nothing to do with smoking IMO. She didn't like him, end of story IMO. Her behaviour when they sat down with the pastor also describes what type of person she is. She didn't have to treat him like crap. She signed up for it. Why not have a mature honest conversation about what she was feeling, rather than acting like an spoiled brat.

When did you feel things start to go downhill with you and Heather?

The second day in the morning there was a comment or two . . . when she called me out and said I was a bit messier than she was,

Where it really became evident was before we went on a bike ride. We had a good 45 minutes between doing anything on camera and she just wouldn’t talk to me. We were sitting on our bikes and she was texting and staring at her phone.

2nd of all Smoking - she already on the 2nd day was ignoring him.

Heather’s biggest issue that she had with me was the smoking. I had spoken to her about it and she told me it was OK, and . . . that really wasn’t the case. Had she spoken to me and said, “Let’s address this and figure this out,” instead of holding it in, I would have done whatever it was that she would have asked me to do.

When you sat down with Pastor Calvin, did you know what Heather’s decision would be?

I didn’t expect her to move forward at that point. Right before that happened, off-camera there was a huge thing that went down where she basically threatened to leave the show. She was saying she was going to quit . . . and actually she walked out, and one of the producers had to tell her, “You can’t run away from this.” I was less than optimistic at that point. I was surprised that she said she needed the time to think about it, but then there might have been part of me that thought she might have come around.

As per forum rules, if there isn't a link or a source, then IMO should be used. Derek has not said he's a pot smoking drug addict, smoked pot, pot was the issue, and so on. Therefore, until I see proof that he actually smokes pot, it should be referred to If he smoked pot, If he is an addict, If he indeed smuggled drugs, if he was charged for smuggeling etc.

If it isn't worded in that manner, just like it is required in every other comment across this forum, it will be deleted.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:24 am

The problem is that this is all from Derek's POV and I just don't believe him. He can say he tried all the time but you can't say you're really trying when you're also lashing out like an immature child. I think part of the reason that Heather was edited the way she was is that she didn't play by the rules plus she didn't explain, either on the show or by interview. It's possible they wouldn't let her tell her side. It's no wonder that Derek's getting the support. Heather did a lot of things wrong but I'm not so sure she deserved this. The show & their experts seem to take sides far too much imo. I think there are two sides to every story.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:26 am

IMO, her attitude had everything to do with his smoking. However, I can certainly understand why Derek would prefer to believe otherwise ...

"Derek asks Heather if she’s feeling tension between them. She tells him she’s aggravated that he’s been “smoking every single day.”"

"“I am so turned off,” Heather admits. “It shouldn’t be like this.”"

"Heather believes Derek is putting himself in an “altered state of mind” when he smokes."

http://www.theknotnews.com/married-at-first-sight-recap-heather-derek-issues-12031
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by MAFSMinority Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:31 am

Ruqibabe wrote:

I don't understand the comment abt Derek being a 14yr old butt hurt girl.

You apparently forgot when he attacked her age (despite him being the older of the two), and mocking how old she would be in "dog years".  Who does that?  Then there's making an issue of an instructor holding her hand in a non-romantic way to keep her balance in the water, while he pouts and thinks him wanting to hold hands romantically is the same thing.

Bottom line here is all 6 of the people on this show are real people with real lives.  When they sign up, they believe they are getting an "expert" match with someone who closely resembles the qualities they say they are looking for during the screening process.  While I have no evidence of this being true or not, I cannot believe for one second that a panel trying to match people up "for life" would not consider some basic questions about compatibility such as use of tobacco/alcohol (drugs shouldn't be included, as a person admitting to drug use shouldn't even qualify from Day One), feelings about pets/children (issues in the other two matches), commitment to careers, and expectations for general housekeeping (obviously a slob would have a hard time adapting to a neat freak, or vice versa).  More importantly, the screening process should be finding out what people consider deal breakers, so they avoid issues like these two.  The show can't predict chemistry, but it is well within their power to ensure the basics of what people are looking for are met.  So, yes, it is quite reasonable that all 6 of these people would be hoping for "Mr./Ms. Perfect" - the show claims they will make highly compatible matches.  

In this case, the match was one that was instantly incompatible.  Sure, they match up well with family values, career mindset, etc., but they missed the boat on substance abuse (both ways - smoking and alcohol), views on gambling, and housekeeping arrangements.  I take the opinion that the show broke their own contract when they failed to see these glaring issues and match people with the expectation that they will overcome their feelings in a 6 week period.  Obviously, the issues were significant enough that Heather wasn't even interested in a friendship, never mind being married.  Therefore, with two weeks down already, and four more in which Heather would have to completely compromise her own moral standards to salvage a relationship of any kind, I am impressed she did walk away rather than continue a phony, superficial charade

As for the recurring debate about what Derek is smoking, while no official source admits to what it is, it is glaringly obvious.  In that Knot article, Heather states that his smoking puts him in an “altered state of mind”.  Tobacco does not have that effect on people.  In the same article, Derek says "she’s living in the 40s", regarding her views.  Tobacco use was much more prevalent back then, while pot use was a social taboo, so his response makes zero sense unless it's indeed pot use.  Another thing to point out is that she says he smoked "every day".  The cameras are present for much of their time each day, yet it is curious that for all the talk about smoking, not once do we see him light up.  If this was an everyday thing, you can expect the cameras would have caught it.  Indeed, to highlight her complaints from a dramatic point of view, the show would show him smoking with a voice over from her expressing her distaste - just like they have done with Sonia regarding Nick's affection being directed at the dogs more than her.  To not show it onscreen leaves the viewer with no point of reference, just a he said/she said back and forth.  So why haven't they shown a single cigarette in the presence of Derek, never mind seeing him smoke one?  Pretty simple answer - because what he is smoking is illegal, and the show cannot put it on air.  Sure, you can dismiss my deductions as just being opinionated, **edited**

Obviously everything I have just said is my own opinion. Smiley
MAFSMinority
MAFSMinority

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by kristlkrost Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:51 am

Did anyone see this??OHMG He's a wanna be thug...If you go to his twitter acct..he has more..yuck and ewwww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PggB4Bx4bc8&app=desktop

MAFSMinority wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:

I don't understand the comment abt Derek being a 14yr old butt hurt girl.

You apparently forgot when he attacked her age (despite him being the older of the two), and mocking how old she would be in "dog years".  Who does that?  Then there's making an issue of an instructor holding her hand in a non-romantic way to keep her balance in the water, while he pouts and thinks him wanting to hold hands romantically is the same thing.

Bottom line here is all 6 of the people on this show are real people with real lives.  When they sign up, they believe they are getting an "expert" match with someone who closely resembles the qualities they say they are looking for during the screening process.  While I have no evidence of this being true or not, I cannot believe for one second that a panel trying to match people up "for life" would not consider some basic questions about compatibility such as use of tobacco/alcohol (drugs shouldn't be included, as a person admitting to drug use shouldn't even qualify from Day One), feelings about pets/children (issues in the other two matches), commitment to careers, and expectations for general housekeeping (obviously a slob would have a hard time adapting to a neat freak, or vice versa).  More importantly, the screening process should be finding out what people consider deal breakers, so they avoid issues like these two.  The show can't predict chemistry, but it is well within their power to ensure the basics of what people are looking for are met.  So, yes, it is quite reasonable that all 6 of these people would be hoping for "Mr./Ms. Perfect" - the show claims they will make highly compatible matches.  

In this case, the match was one that was instantly incompatible.  Sure, they match up well with family values, career mindset, etc., but they missed the boat on substance abuse (both ways - smoking and alcohol), views on gambling, and housekeeping arrangements.  I take the opinion that the show broke their own contract when they failed to see these glaring issues and match people with the expectation that they will overcome their feelings in a 6 week period.  Obviously, the issues were significant enough that Heather wasn't even interested in a friendship, never mind being married.  Therefore, with two weeks down already, and four more in which Heather would have to completely compromise her own moral standards to salvage a relationship of any kind, I am impressed she did walk away rather than continue a phony, superficial charade

As for the recurring debate about what Derek is smoking, while no official source admits to what it is, it is glaringly obvious.  In that Knot article, Heather states that his smoking puts him in an “altered state of mind”.  Tobacco does not have that effect on people.  In the same article, Derek says "she’s living in the 40s", regarding her views.  Tobacco use was much more prevalent back then, while pot use was a social taboo, so his response makes zero sense unless it's indeed pot use.  Another thing to point out is that she says he smoked "every day".  The cameras are present for much of their time each day, yet it is curious that for all the talk about smoking, not once do we see him light up.  If this was an everyday thing, you can expect the cameras would have caught it.  Indeed, to highlight her complaints from a dramatic point of view, the show would show him smoking with a voice over from her expressing her distaste - just like they have done with Sonia regarding Nick's affection being directed at the dogs more than her.  To not show it onscreen leaves the viewer with no point of reference, just a he said/she said back and forth.  So why haven't they shown a single cigarette in the presence of Derek, never mind seeing him smoke one?  Pretty simple answer - because what he is smoking is illegal, and the show cannot put it on air.  Sure, you can dismiss my deductions as just being opinionated, but really, you need blinders if you consider the three points I just raised ("state of mind", "living in the 40's", and not showing him on air smoking) don't directly point to what it is Derek smokes.

Obviously everything I have just said is my own opinion. Smiley

kristlkrost

Back to top Go down

Post by kristlkrost Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:54 am

Ummmm he said he smoked pot.....But ewww to his rap career He ain't no gangstah! Horrid lyrics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PggB4Bx4bc8&app=desktop

theKeptGrits wrote:All I'm going to say about Derek is... Show me concrete proof he's a pot smoker. He does deserve some respect because he served his country. Does that make him above reproach, no. Everyone makes mistakes. As for the way he argues, yes he could have handled that better. But if he grew up without a father figure, he might not have dvr had a role model in that regard. Plus, in the military the drill sergeants are brutal with name calling and trying to set recruits up to possibly fail. It's just a part of he process. Not giving anyone a pass in this, just voicing my opinion.

As for Heather, she was expecting Mr Perfect and didn't get that. She might not be a spoiled brat, but that is how I have formed my opinion of her. Instead of trying to work things out, she pouted and headed for the hills.

kristlkrost

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:19 am

I have been a faithful viewer of this show from the beginning!  I loved S1!  I don't think the production company and network thought it would be so successful.  

It started going downhill in S2 for me because I felt like they no longer focused as much on making compatible matches of couples as they did for putting people together more for dramatic purposes. I feel like some couples were put together that were incompatible on purpose from the get go.  I think they started offering participants more money to be on the show as well (starting S2) and recruiting people from dating apps and SM more heavily as well -- some of these not really interested in marriage at all.  S2 is also when it started airing on A & E as well as FYI channel, too.  I do still get some things out of it, but I would love for the show to go back to its roots a little more, but I don't know if it is possible.

The fact that they cast Derek who *IMO* is a regularly using pot-smoker to me is a blatant way of casting for drama and not compatibility.  I am sure that production and the network were shocked that Heather didn't play ball and at least go through the motions of the experiment like Ashley did.  I am sure that didn't please them at all and they edited this accordingly.  Derek is getting all the attention and sympathy for a reason and the rest of the cast is following right in line.  They are all still under contract.

Derek might be a fun guy to hang out with, but the rest of them don't have to live with him.  They are in a much better place to appreciate him than Heather was. *All JMO*

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 am

PS. Sorry, I meant to say if Derek is an alleged pot smoker and the above is JMO. Thanks!

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 47 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 38 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

+55
RoxyDoxy
gurlbrit
Pia1
kristlkrost
Lucas15