SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Page 33 of 47 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 40 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 33 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:42 pm

[quote="Amberish"][quote="gurlbrit"]
Amberish wrote:{snipped .......Not to suggest applicable, but I found it interesting how in last night's episode, the show decided to contrasted Heather's lifestyle: bright, clean, well furnished apartment and her crisp, freshly laundered and pressed uniform to Derek's: a dark apartment with a hodgepodge of furnishings and toys and Derek wearing an unpressed T-shirt inside out.

I don't believe it was intention on their part though. I only say this because, in my mind pointing it out makes the "matchmakers" look like they really didn't do their due diligence. I agree, they do seem to come from very different worlds but I think they needed "filler" for the show. I noticed they seemed to repeat more than usual or rather recap more than usual in the last episode. I am hoping the show focuses more on the other two couples next week. I read someplace that they will both be on camera during the season.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 33 Empty Re: MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

Post by MAFSMinority Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:04 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Please quote the exact phrase and source that you posted, where it is confirmed that Derek smoked pot during the show. I read pretty much every post on this forum, and I don't recall reading anything of that nature.

You're never going to see that definitive proof unless someone with a phone caught it and uploads the video.  There is absolutely no chance the show wants that nugget of information leaked to the public.  It would create an uproar over the legitimacy of the screening process, and toss the credibility of the entire show out the window.  It wouldn't surprise me if there was a non-disclosure somewhere in the contract that forbids anyone from discussing any illegal activity that happens on the show publicly.

Amberish wrote:this is not the first time I've been asked when my most recent post supplied exactly what being asked for just the page before.

I know exactly what you mean.  I posted what I think is pure logic in answering what he smokes.  I challenge anyone to refute the points logically and draw a different conclusion.  I'm not going to come straight out and say he is a pothead, as that breaks the rules here, but who wants to argue the evidence is against it?  Here's my comment, and again, who wants to dispute it?

MAFSMinority wrote:
As for the recurring debate about what Derek is smoking, while no official source admits to what it is, it is glaringly obvious.  In that Knot article, Heather states that his smoking puts him in an “altered state of mind”.  Tobacco does not have that effect on people.  In the same article, Derek says "she’s living in the 40s", regarding her views.  Tobacco use was much more prevalent back then, while pot use was a social taboo, so his response makes zero sense unless it's indeed pot use.  Another thing to point out is that she says he smoked "every day".  The cameras are present for much of their time each day, yet it is curious that for all the talk about smoking, not once do we see him light up.  If this was an everyday thing, you can expect the cameras would have caught it.  Indeed, to highlight her complaints from a dramatic point of view, the show would show him smoking with a voice over from her expressing her distaste - just like they have done with Sonia regarding Nick's affection being directed at the dogs more than her.  To not show it onscreen leaves the viewer with no point of reference, just a he said/she said back and forth.  So why haven't they shown a single cigarette in the presence of Derek, never mind seeing him smoke one?  Pretty simple answer - because what he is smoking is illegal, and the show cannot put it on air.  Sure, you can dismiss my deductions as just being opinionated {who knows why the rest was edited?}

Obviously everything I have just said is my own opinion. Smiley
MAFSMinority
MAFSMinority

Male Posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 am

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 33 Mafs210
MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 33 Mafs10
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:10 am

I am glad that Heather posted this -- I wonder if anyone will notice and give her the benefit of the doubt. It seems like a lot of viewers believe whatever the TV edit is regardless of actual circumstances.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorelei Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Well seeing these posts from Heather, I do believe it was not just cigarettes he was enjoying.
The edits were so choppy around them, they must have been cutting out a lot of the dialogue because it was not just cigarettes.
Lorelei
Lorelei

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Amberish wrote:MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 33 Mafs210

While I am sure there are additional factors that played into it. JMO, but in my mind, she was simply unattracted to him from the start and that alone prevented her from being, "all in", from the actual ceremony and into the honeymoon. For the purposes of this argument, and only that purpose, I will also suggest that if, in fact, pot was the problem, unless he smoked right before and reeked of the smell, at that point she could not have known he was a pothead. Once again, this pot usage is all alleged, but, and I would feel deceived too. If a marriage is not based upon truth, that makes it tough but, IMO, she was turned off by him the minute she met him and there was no hope for them, out of the gate.

No attraction or at best little attraction, + her aversion to "smoking" = zero chance for success.

If I compare them to Doug and Jamie, while initially Jamie was adverse to his looks and not attracted to him, she saw something in him that was attractive and they are where they are now. For Heather, I think it was over before it started.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyDoxy Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:26 pm

Heather says there was more to the story than just the "smoking" and I believe her.  

IMO, I think there is a very good reason why production was willing to let her leave so early in the process. Perhaps Derek did something that bothered Heather so much that she told production that she would sue if they didn't let her go? Maybe she refused him sexually, and he went nuts? Maybe she saw him buying drugs?

And just maybe, production was quick to allow her to leave, because they didn't want a replay of what happened in S2 w/Jessica and Ryan D. ? Of course we will never know the real story and this is my crazy opinion. But this is how it struck me as a dedicated viewer from Day One!

RoxyDoxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:39 pm

RoxyDoxy wrote:Heather says there was more to the story than just the "smoking" and I believe her.  

IMO, I think there is a very good reason why production was willing to let her leave so early in the process. Perhaps Derek did something that bothered Heather so much that she told production that she would sue if they didn't let her go? Maybe she refused him sexually, and he went nuts? Maybe she saw him buying drugs?

And just maybe, production was quick to allow her to leave, because they didn't want a replay of what happened in S2 w/Jessica and Ryan D. ? Of course we will never know the real story and this is my crazy opinion. But this is how it struck me as a dedicated viewer from Day One!

I doubt it. It WAS the smoking. The big issue is what he was smoking.

Heather's tweet 'Our experiences shapen why we are and the choices we make'  I am getting the 'I had a past experience similar to this and I don't want to ever go that route vibe. Remember her DUI/ substance arrest in 2011/2012. She judges him based on the smokING.  IMO

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:05 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:
Amberish wrote:MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel  - Page 33 Mafs210

While I am sure there are additional factors that played into it.  JMO, but in my mind, she was simply unattracted to him from the start and that alone prevented her from being, "all in", from the actual ceremony and into the honeymoon.    For the purposes of this argument, and only that purpose, I will also suggest that if, in fact, pot was the problem, unless he smoked right before and reeked of the smell, at that point she could not have known he was a pothead.  Once again, this pot usage is all alleged, but, and I would feel deceived too.  If a marriage is not based upon truth, that makes it tough but, IMO, she was turned off by him the minute she met him and there was no hope for them, out of the gate.

No attraction or at best little attraction,  + her aversion to "smoking" = zero chance for success.

If I compare them to Doug and Jamie, while initially Jamie was adverse to his looks and not attracted to him, she saw something in him that was attractive and they are where they are now. For Heather, I think it was over before it started.

So what you're saying is that had Derek been better looking, had a better body, better clothing or serious money, she might have overlooked the smoking pot issue? Thus, there was no positive attribute, nothing, that might have aided Heather to overlook that he preferred being stoned than taking the opportunity time to get to know her and vice versa when he was not in an altered state?

Smoking pot IS off-putting and it takes a certain "type" to put himself, his family and the girl he married into the position that Derek chose to go. With all honestly, Derek must not have all that much life experience to not think his actions through and probably because he has spent a large part of his adult life "altered".

What amazes me is Derek is enjoying all this twitter attention, even to the extent of older women hoping he will be the next bachelor, all because the FYI network, owned by A&E which is 50% owned by ABC have been less than honest about what the issue between the two really was. Just imagine how different it would be if all the cards were on the table ...
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:
RoxyDoxy wrote:Heather says there was more to the story than just the "smoking" and I believe her.  

Heather's tweet 'Our experiences shapen why we are and the choices we make'  I am getting the 'I had a past experience similar to this and I don't want to ever go that route vibe. Remember her DUI/ substance arrest in 2011/2012. She judges him based on the smokING.  IMO

Actually, Heather wasn't arrested for DUI. That was a tabloid story that got it wrong.

However, according to, as I recall, Smoking Gun, Heather was arrested while in her late teens (college years) for having lifted her top for beads while intoxicated during some sort of mardi graus celebration. Obviously this did not occur in New Orleans.

Nonetheless, I totally agree, she was unable to get past the smoking ...

I also wonder that since her statement mentioned concern for her job, was she referring to that Derek transporting or purchasing pot in Puerto Rico and how that kind of thing might ever reflect upon her given her professional position? Or maybe the company she works for has a strict drug policy? Or perhaps the smell on her clothing? Curious ...

Last edited by Amberish on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:36 pm

Amberish wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:

Actually, Heather wasn't arrested for DUI. That was a tabloid story that got it wrong.

However, according to, as I recall, Smoking Gun, Heather was arrested while in her late teens (college years) for having lifted her top for beads while intoxicated during some sort of mardi graus celebration. Obviously this did not occur in New Orleans.

SHE WAS ARRESTED in 2011/2012. It wasn't a made up story. She acknowledged it on twitter. Not my opinion but Fact.
https://twitter.com/heather_mafs/status/762669229825024000

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:40 pm

What I read early on was that is wasn't a DUI. I stand corrected.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 47 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 40 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Season 4 - Derek Schwartz - Heather Seidel

+55
RoxyDoxy
gurlbrit
Pia1
kristlkrost
Lucas15