SELECT CONTENT

Art

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Art - Page 6 Empty Re: Art

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:28 am

The Scream link Edvard MunchArt - Page 6 8850-munch-the-scream-e1336013995741

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:07 pm

One of my favs... used to creep me out as a kid though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:12 pm

I like it a lot because I feel like that often. affraid

This next piece is IMO fantastic. This was done by a 13 yr old at an art competition. link  Her name is Mariam Marukyan
I can not draw at all. I have no talent there or in athletics. So I am in awe of those that are skilled in those areas.
Art - Page 6 Mariam

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:51 pm

Kashathediva wrote:The Scream link Edvard MunchArt - Page 6 8850-munch-the-scream-e1336013995741
This is going to be me if Jojo doesn't choose Robby!  Art - Page 6 1f631  Seriously though, look at the bystanders paying no attention to the screaming man. I never really noticed that before.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:06 pm

It's interesting to interpret. I see the bystander as looking into the water to see who jumped and that is why the screamer is screaming!  The other bystander is looking away in shock or disinterest. Maybe that bystander pushed him.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:12 pm

A Maze of Jellyfish by Catherine Cui
Source:
http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/-californiacoastalcommission.html?page=2

I LOVE jellyfish! I can literally sit for hours and watch jellyfish. They are so amazing. I actually looked into getting a tank for my house, but man, they are very needy. Need special round tank because they can get stuck in the corners of a square tank, need special solution and temperature for their water, lots of upkeep. I found a website called explore.org that has live webcams of nature - eagles' nests, etc, and they have jellyfish to watch. This thread has got me to thinking, though. Maybe I will get myself a jellyfish painting/photograph. I have a wall of what I call my 'happy art' in my living room - all things that make me smile. A jellyfish piece would go perfectly there.  

Art - Page 6 A-maze-of-jellyfish-by-catherine-cui-california-coastal-commission
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Kashathediva wrote:It's interesting to interpret. I see the bystander as looking into the water to see who jumped and that is why the screamer is screaming!  The other bystander is looking away in shock or disinterest. Maybe that bystander pushed him.
Very interesting. So you see the screamer as possibly having a literal reaction to someone else's suicide and at least one of the bystanders reacting also.
I see it as the screamer having his own moment of torment and pain, perhaps externally through a literal scream but more likely internally and the scream is just a way to visualize that pain for the viewer. Meanwhile, life goes on around him and nobody seems to even recognize he is in pain.  

See, this is what is so great about art. Loving this thread, Kasha.    blowkiss
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:43 pm

I like the Jellyfish art! Very cool. They look like parachutes! I see jellyfish all the time at the shore. Very cool once again. I like science. 
I see the Screamer piece from your POV also, Mia. 
I like to look at art and see different POV each time. Kind of like looking through a kaleidoscope. That is why I wanted to start this thread. We can have our own virtual museum and discussion here.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:31 pm

source by Leonid Afremov
I love the colors and the reflection imagery.
Art - Page 6 92562620

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:36 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:The Scream link Edvard MunchArt - Page 6 8850-munch-the-scream-e1336013995741
This is going to be me if Jojo doesn't choose Robby!  Art - Page 6 1f631  Seriously though, look at the bystanders paying no attention to the screaming man. I never really noticed that before.

I see it as the inner turmoil and complexity of one's emotions. You either keep going along in life as the one guy is going or you stop to reflect on the reality of life...

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:49 am

Art - Page 6 Image19

Margaret Keane

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:36 am

I love this thread. Art - Page 6 1f60d  Art is such a calming and inspirational part of my life. It is my passion. I have to be surrounded by art in my life. Thanks for creating this place of respite Kasha!!
I actually just went and saw an exhibit called Edvard Munch and the Sea. The show was fascinating. Munch had a strong love of the sea. He also like many great artists had a lot of angst in his life. His work is so expressive and moody.
I also love trees Mia. I drive from CA to WA a few times a year and the trees and sky...basically all nature is so mesmerizing. The ocean is my absolute happy place.
If anyone loves nature photography... Check out Paul Nicklen (on IG paulnicklen).
I think art is found in nature and basically in so many facets of life....if we look for it.  Art - Page 6 1f64c  Art - Page 6 1f3a8  Art - Page 6 1f305
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Art

+17
bluwavz